Jason_Williams

PWCG for BOS Beta 3 Available for Testing

I was really hoping for skins with squadron markings.

As far as I know, there aren't squadron specific skins in the base game. Only the base (green/grey) one, and ten more skins for each plane that should be unlocked in the SP campaign to be used in the game. And these are aces or peculiar ones.

The community "skinners" have created many squadron themed skins, but most are for online squadrons or personal preferences, and these have to be downloaded and added manually.

I think You could ask them for a "base" skin for each squadron, or maybe ask Jason to handle this. You are doing much for the community, I think they will help.

Unfortunately I am a total noob at skinning, so I cannot be useful, sorry. :(

In the meantime, You could put the standard winter skin (as pointed by Cybermat47) as default on the winter map. It's really too easy to spot enemy AI green planes over snow landscape.

:salute:

Fazer.

Edited by Fazer_Beam

PWCG supports skin transitions but they have to be configured.  I have very few skins identified for the units in PWCG.  If somebody can match a skin with a unit / time period I will do the configuration.

JG 3, JG 53 and both JG 52 109-s:

https://www.mediafire.com/?tyq7e492pa655vx

• Upvote 1

Getting the correct skins on the AI birds would be great!

:salute:

JG 3, JG 53 and both JG 52 109-s:

https://www.mediafire.com/?tyq7e492pa655vx

Nice!

Maybe some kind skinner would be willing to do basic winter and summer skins for the units in PWCG.

BTW, in case you haven`t noticed Pat released version 1.0.1 with couple of fixes. There`s a separate thread for that.

Edited by Zami

Back to "Blue Missions: After three trouble free FW-190 misions I drew a ground support mission as part of on-going career.It turned out to be all blue as previously noted at the very beginning of this career.I bailed on it went back to PWCG "scrubbed ;the mission and got a full color one this time.so I guess this is sort of a "work- around until the problem is solved completely. ;)

Are you on V1.0.1?

I did not have any troubles with this on the new version.

Played some 25-30 missions on V1.0.1

Are you on V1.0.1?

I did not have any troubles with this on the new version.

Played some 25-30 missions on V1.0.1

No I missed the1 .01 version.Can I install it without losing the careers I've already got going? :huh:

Yes

so I won't lose the careers if I just paste this on top of the 1.1.0 install? That would be great! :salute:

so I won't lose the careers if I just paste this on top of the 1.1.0 install? That would be great! :salute:

Probably not a bad idea to make a copy of your current campaigns/careers and set them aside before you do the update, just in case.

Just saying ...