No601_Prangster

Prangster's IL-2 BoS Mission Building Guide

Thanks guys! I found the error, something did not work correctly with "MCU Translator: Mission begin" when it was connected to the waypoint, it finally worked once I did a complete resetup.

:)

Great. FYI, you should put a short timer trigger (1 or 2 seconds) after mission begin as standard practice; it lets internal mission start processing complete.

Minor issue on page 30 (where a waypoint is added):

• The screenshot shows the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec being targeted by the existing trigger timer START 2Sec.
  • The text describes how the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec is created, but it doesn't say that it also needs to be a target of trigger timer START 2Sec. Without this, the waypoint will not be created, and the LaGG will just circle around its spawning point.

Otherwise I really like this guide - lots of interesting details even for folks that have created missions before. Thanks!

I am getting super aggro because I have followed this guide to a T and my aircraft are flying in circles instead of performing area attack. Someone help... D:

Minor issue on page 30 (where a waypoint is added):

• The screenshot shows the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec being targeted by the existing trigger timer START 2Sec.
  • The text describes how the trigger timer WAYPOINT 2Sec is created, but it doesn't say that it also needs to be a target of trigger timer START 2Sec. Without this, the waypoint will not be created, and the LaGG will just circle around its spawning point.

Otherwise I really like this guide - lots of interesting details even for folks that have created missions before. Thanks!

I am desperately trying to figure out what you were saying here, because my planes are circling around their spawn. Could you articulate further?

Did your command attack area is link to your leader AI plane ?

If not, you have to link it.

Here is the scheme you have to do :

AI plane leader --- Add Target --- Waypoint 01 --- Add target --- Command attack area

Waypoint 01 and Command attack area ---- Add object ---- AI plane Leader

In the exemple, i use onlly one waypoint, so it's the waypoint before teh attack which have to be link to the command attack area.

For your problem of plane which are circling around the spawn, You have to activate the waypoint after your plane spawn. That's why it talks about a timer of 2 sec.

Here is the scheme i use for spawn or activate plane in the air :

Mission begin ----- Timer 01 ---- Command Spawn ---- AI plane

|------------ Timer 02 (set between 2 and 5 seconds) ------ Waypoint 01

Timer 01 and Timer 02 are link like that : Timer 01 -- add Target --- Timer 02

Waypoint 01 is link to AI plane : Waypoint 01--- Add object --- AI plane

Be carrefull, spawn units do not act as a group. There is a limitation. So you have to set a waypoint to each plane which spawn. It's diferrent for a group which is activated, where you have to set any command to the leader.

Edited by Habu

I am getting super aggro because I have followed this guide to a T and my aircraft are flying in circles instead of performing area attack. Someone help... D:

It can be frustrating but in the end its all very logical.

Can you also post a pic of what you mission editor looks like. A picture is worth many words.

Cheers

Hope you guys can see what I can't! Thanks for the help! Pic below.

My mission begins elsewhere btw, these are the enemy planes.

I've also tried it without the deactivate and no difference.

post-108672-0-85443400-1490039989_thumb.png

Edited by ethantokes

Your waypoint is too close from planes. Put your waypoint at the location of the command attack area, and relocate the command attack area away.

Your waypoint is too close from planes. Put your waypoint at the location of the command attack area, and relocate the command attack area away.

You are my hero. It works, I think what was causing it is the fact that they always seem to make this circular pass prior to launching their attack and I was passing out of view before their attack initiated, they were actually probably chasing me the whole time, just way too far away.

Your waypoint was too close, so when your waypoint is activated, your plane is already after your waypoint, so thay have to go back, and the leader have to fly in the area of the waypoint to activate the next one, which is the command attack area. And as you have many planes, it's difficult to him to reach the area of the waypoint.

For debugging, you can use : Translator Subtitle, and translator icon. ;)

For debugging, you can use : Translator Subtitle, and translator icon. ;)

Amen to this tip its amazing what yiu find out

Proximity trigger.

I did a Ctrl + F in the manual and didnt find anything. Anyone knows how the proximity trigger works exactly?

Proximity trigger.

I did a Ctrl + F in the manual and didnt find anything. Anyone knows how the proximity trigger works exactly?

See "Detect the Proximity of Objects to One Another" on pg. 87 of the editor manual.

• Upvote 1

See "Detect the Proximity of Objects to One Another" on pg. 87 of the editor manual.

I have used them for air and ground objects to fire flares

Hi guys,

I'm at the part of the tutorial where I target ling the two new artillery batteries to the first. I can't seem to figure out how.

Has it changed? I've noticed a few changes.

I'm stuck on page 25. It's late so sleepy time hopefully I'll get an answer for tomorrows attempt. Thanks!

1. Click on one of the new guns.

2. Press Shift+T.

Your cursor changes to "TARGET".

3. Click on the original gun.

Repeat the procedure for the other new gun.

Edited by JimTM

Thanks!

Is there a list of current commands like that somewhere?

Actually, Prangster covers how to set up a target link on pg. 20 of the tutorial, so you must have missed it.

There isn't a one-page list of commands anywhere that I'm aware of. However, many commands and skills are covered in Chapter 2 Learning Basic Mission Editor Skills of the editor manual. You can take a look at the chapter mentioned or pick up the skills as you work through Prangster's tutorials.

Hi all,

I have one problem.

I tried create new mission in IL2 BOS builder, but when I load map, for example Moscow autumn, so there is missing all objects, like buildings, bridges, all infrastructure.

Is loaded only clear landscape.

How is possible load full populated map?

Thanks for help.

Hi all,

I have one problem.

I tried create new mission in IL2 BOS builder, but when I load map, for example Moscow autumn, so there is missing all objects, like buildings, bridges, all infrastructure.

Is loaded only clear landscape.

How is possible load full populated map?

Thanks for help.

You can import a file that contains buildings, etc. for the map. See pg. 57 of Prangster's guide. Edited by JimTM

Thanks for info, but on page 57 isn't any information about it.

Something info but not much is on page 59 ..

Anyway I still don't understand how do it .. in manual its not exactly described how or where load (or download) this files ... 

Yes when I load Prangster's tutorial example files for Velikije Luki map, there I can load buiidings ... but I can't load buildings for Moscow, Stalingrad, Lapino .. where found files for this map?

Can you help me and describe step by step how do it?

Thanks for help.

Edited by Magot

aaahh solved by myself :) (never found in manual..)

is need import exactly files type .group from this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Template\..

This map builder is really anti-user friendly with compare old IL2 1946/ IL2 COD or DCS ..

Edited by Magot

Sorry, I had v1.0 of the guide on my iPad. In v1.1, on my PC, the information is on pg. 58, right under the first screenshot.

Anyway, glad you found the template location.

Hey Guys,

When attempting to type in the mission description as demonstrated in Prangsters Guide I’ve noticed that the suggested syntax has changed with the new version of the game.  Any ideas as to where the new syntax is described?

I'm not aware of any changes such as you refer to. Would you be so kind as to elaborate as to what you have found that changed?

Silk,

When developing a description of a mission Prangsters Guide indicates that a certain syntax must be followed to produce Bold text, Italic text, etc.  That seems to have changed with the new version of the game and no new direction has been provided.  For example you were required to place a > before and after the words you wanted to be written in a bold font.  Now it doesn’t work that way as described on the first few pages of Prangsters Guide.  I’ve been trying to edit some older missions I’ve created but with little success.

Ah, I think you misunderstood the instructions a little. Think of it as if the < and > replace normal brackets, so that < will come before the word and > will come after it.

Also you use just the word to turn on the effect and a forward slash to turn off the effect.

Hence

<bold>WORDS IN HERE</bold>

This translate to "turn on the bold effect" WORDS IN HERE "turn off the bold effect"

Edited by TP_Silk

1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

Silk,

Thanks, I believe I had a “senior moment”

Those of us who also, er....enjoy the odd senior moment salute you!:salute:

Including me.... I often have senior moments.... they make life more interesting :) 

EDIT:

PS. Please don't think I was being in any way condescending in my explanation, I just like to set it out like I would have liked someone to do for me when I very first started.

Edited by TP_Silk

Silk,

No offense taken ... if we don’t ask how can we improve dispite our ages😅😅

I once thought I made a mistake but I was in error.  :rolleyes:

Great guide. First time I saw the Editor I thought: no way. After 2-3 days I found myself experimenting like mad. Once you got the basics it´s mere fun to figure out for yourself how to do things. It´s so much fun. If something doesnt work the way you expected it s mostly some (un)ticked box. 

Especially the complex trigger can be a mess if you forget to tick "Check for vehicles" or something like that.

Love the Tank Crew already, am addicted to that Editor. Thank Prangster, thank Forum guys!

Edited by Preacherman