DD today?

Blooddawn1942

Missionbug
10 minutes ago, Diggun said:

Gosh it's all so exciting!

You are getting all giddy again Diggun, you know you should not torment yourself so, it all ends in tears.:lol:

I am still trying to get my head around all that was released last week, can there ever be too much content do you think?

Anyway, I will settle for map work pictures, it is all about the landscape really.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1
RedKestrel
3 hours ago, Diggun said:

And that's my cue to dig out the brandy and the smelling salts.

• Haha 2
ShamrockOneFive
4 hours ago, Diggun said:

It does seem a little churlish - not to say fickle - to move on so quickly, but on the other hand we have already seen the Tiffy in game, and some more pretty pictures would be nice! Or some new snaps of the progress on the Normandy map? 

Or maybe some details about under the hood changes that are coming up - fuel system and drop tanks maybe? Revised engine damage model that was mentioned a little while ago? 

Or one of the unexpected surprises that they like to chuck at us every so often? Details about how ground control radar might work maybe? 

I'm with you there! Hot on the heels of one of the most impressive content and feature drops in recent IL-2 series history, I'm still looking forward to other updates and new features. It's a bit fickle perhaps but borne out of a lot of building excitement for Normandy content that's been a long time in coming. The Spitfire XIV has been a dream and the Typhoon and Mustang are surely among the types that are coming next. Can't wait!

Any new details are great but I can see them needing a bit of time to build up some more cool things to show off.

No105_Swoose

While I'd love to see an update today, especially with progress pictures of the Typhoon, I doubt we'll have one because Sunday 2 May is Easter in the Russian Orthodox Church calendar.  The devs are probably taking a well-deserved break.

• Upvote 2
RedKestrel
1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'm with you there! Hot on the heels of one of the most impressive content and feature drops in recent IL-2 series history, I'm still looking forward to other updates and new features. It's a bit fickle perhaps but borne out of a lot of building excitement for Normandy content that's been a long time in coming. The Spitfire XIV has been a dream and the Typhoon and Mustang are surely among the types that are coming next. Can't wait!

Any new details are great but I can see them needing a bit of time to build up some more cool things to show off.

I honestly haven't even had time to sit down and fly the Spitfire XIV. But I still am excited to see progress. Time and energy are not in abundant supply for me. 

I fly the Spitfires occasionally but I'm not super enthusiastic about them for whatever reason, so the XIV hasn't really gotten me off my butt and into the cockpit, though I'm sure I'll fly it. The Big Three for me in Battle of Normandy are the P-47 Razorback, the Typhoon, and the Mosquito. So the Typhoon is the next big thing for me and I love seeing progress on that one.

And of course, the map for me is just as important, maybe more important, than any individual plane.

• Upvote 1
BladeMeister
1 hour ago, Danziger said:

It's already way too late anyway.

NONSENSE! Bring on the DD!

S!Blade<><

smink1701

With IL2 it’s not about what’s now, but what’s next. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Jade_Monkey

Would love some sneak peek at the Typhoon with rockets or the fuel management. Even better, a typhoon with droptanks!

RedKestrel
2 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Would love some sneak peek at the Typhoon with rockets or the fuel management. Even better, a typhoon with droptanks!

I think we are already starting to see some of the fuel management stuff bleed into the sim, going by the patch notes regarding fuel tank damage behaviour in the last patch. IIRC there is now a different chance of exploding based on how full the tanks are.

• Upvote 1
Luftschiff
22 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Having to remap my controls yesterday and discovering there's now a keybinding for "jettison auxiliary fuel tanks"...

unknown.png

Edited by Luftschiff
  • Like 3
RedKestrel
9 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

Having to remap my controls yesterday and discovering there's now a keybinding for "jettison auxiliary fuel tanks"...

unknown.png

So probably next update then will have the Fuel tanks modeled. IIRC they stated before it would come first on the BF-109 and then go to the other planes, but that was a while ago. Maybe they are looking to reveal it all in one go. 

Jade_Monkey
44 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

unknown.png

Nice catch!!

I'm really looking forward to it for some reason. The reason is definitely not that I need more fuel. It's just such an iconic feature. 

RedKestrel
17 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Nice catch!!

I'm really looking forward to it for some reason. The reason is definitely not that I need more fuel. It's just such an iconic feature. 

I'm looking forward to what happens with regards to the damage modeling regarding fuel. If the system is better modeled then more realistic fires, incendiary ammo, and better modeling of leaks etc. is all more feasible. I suspect that flying online primarily I won't have much call for using drop tanks but the rest of the system benefits.

• Upvote 1
ROCKET_KNUT

Late o' clock... Too late o' clock, to be annoyingly precise. 🤣

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

No DD this week. Just fly and have fun.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Denum

I have a new button box from blackhog 

I can't NOT have fun 😄

Enceladus
17 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Is it because next week there will be WIP images of Drop Tanks?

• Upvote 1
FlyingShark
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

Is it because next week there will be WIP images of Drop Tanks?

And maybe a detailed demonstration on how to use the upcoming fuel system?

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Upvote 1
Danziger

It was already too late anyway.

• Haha 1
DBFlyguy

Kinda bummed this will be three weeks on with no newsletter now... hopefully this isn't a trend moving forward.

Denum
2 minutes ago, DBFlyguy said:

Kinda bummed this will be three weeks on with no newsletter now... hopefully this isn't a trend moving forward.

I'm assuming the Devs worked some whacky hours going into that update and are taking it easy.

Thats ok by me.

• Upvote 1
ShamrockOneFive
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DBFlyguy said:

This is normal. Sometimes there's constant updates. Sometimes, it's all quiet on the western front for weeks at a time. Depends on what part of the cycle they're in and if there's anything interesting to share.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Upvote 1
[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther
7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

b..b.b. but, it is my drug 

Mental Breakdown Sticker GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
DD_Arthur
5 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

Isn’t it Orthodox Easter holidays right now? Hopefully the team are having a break. 

ADorante
Posted (edited)

This weekend is Victory day on May 9th, last weekend was May 1st and orthodox Easter on May 2nd, it's a holiday week. So I guess the absence of new DDs is caused by this.

Edited by ADorante
Soilworker
6 hours ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

b..b.b. but, it is my drug 

Mental Breakdown Sticker GIF | Gfycat

Try some pot, it'll calm you down. 😄

kestrel79

Ah that explains lack of DDs. I was hoping for this week for something.

40plus

Happy holiday week to our Russian brothers and sisters. :bye:

See you next week when we'll all be tweaking and twitching with DD withdrawals

• Like 1
DBFlyguy

DD this week or naw.....

Well Were Waiting GIFs | Tenor

Diggun
Posted (edited)

Fuel system stuff? Can it be fuel system stuff please? I've been very much enjoying the new fuel tank state dependent fires and explosions - those 110s blow up reeeeal nice with almost empty tanks - and I want to know how long it's gonna be till I can tuck on a cozy slipper tank on my spit... 

Edited by Diggun
  • Upvote 3
FlyingShark
2 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Maybe some pics of the Spit XIV?

Hm...I'd rather see some pics of a plane to come instead of one that's already in the game.

Have a nice day.

Diggun
21 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Hm...I'd rather see some pics of a plane to come instead of one that's already in the game.

Woosh!

• Haha 1
BlitzPig_EL

Typhoon, and/or P51B/C please.

I don't expect the 410, Mosquito, and Arado to be out any time soon.

• Upvote 1
DBFlyguy
1 hour ago, FlyingShark said:

Have a nice day.

You missed the joke - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 3