Thursday or Friday, as per normal procedure.

Carry on.

6 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Thursday or Friday

Yeah, but we gotta build up the hype!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Yeah, but we gotta build up the hype!

Sufficient supplies of hype are necessary for a dev diary. Good DD General talk tactics, GREAT DD generals talk logistics!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

2 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Thus weeks DD is gonna be HUGE. It has been confirmed.

Are there any sources which indicate this? 

It is terrible quiet on the DD front since an eternity. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942

3 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

sources

It's in the tea leaves...

What if it strikes surprisingly and my hype wasn‘t ready yet?:sorry:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

It's in the tea leaves...

What. Not in the goats guts? 

Wait... I see a swallow..... Oh.... It hit a window and broke its neck... I guess that's not a good sign then? 😄

On 1/10/2020 at 7:52 AM, Danziger said:

It's not gonna happen. It's been too long since the last DD and now it's too late.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure with it being this late... there will never be another DD again. It's far too late for one. 

2 hours ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

Wait... I see a swallow.....

King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?
Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that. [he is thrown over by his own spell] AUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!
Sir Bedevere: How do you know so much about swallows?
King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

What. Not in the goats guts? 

Wait... I see a swallow..... Oh.... It hit a window and broke its neck... I guess that's not a good sign then? 😄

Given the legendary appetite of goats, both the tea leaves and the swallow could be in the goats guts right now!

/these jokes really get my goat

Usually January is pretty sparse for updates. I want to say it's from Orthodox Christmas and another holiday over in Russia that's in January. I'm sure we'll get an update when the team comes back.

A big update would be awesome. I really like how DCS did theirs. Kind showing what is all in the works for 2020 and beyond.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

I really like how DCS did theirs. Kind showing what is all in the works for 2020 and beyond.

Isn't this more or less the same? From what I read it wouldn't be too surprising when the updates for 2020 will come beyond.

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Usually January is pretty sparse for updates. I want to say it's from Orthodox Christmas and another holiday over in Russia that's in January. I'm sure we'll get an update when the team comes back.

A big update would be awesome. I really like how DCS did theirs. Kind showing what is all in the works for 2020 and beyond.

The Battle of Normandy announcement is basically that - outlining the near future of the sim.

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

The Battle of Normandy announcement is basically that - outlining the near future of the sim.

Which I hope we have within 6 months, and I believe we will.

4 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

And it's the beyond part that has me worried, not the BOX side but the DCS side.  

Tea leaves aside here's hoping for a least a DD this week and an update by the end of the month.:salute:

Edited by Taxman

17 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I'm a relative newbie, but isn't that optimistic to the point of delusional? I hope 6 months is accurate, but it seems like history is very much against that.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Taxman said:

And it's the beyond part that has me worried, not the BOX side but the DCS side.  

Tea leaves aside here's hoping for a least a DD this week and an update by the end of the month.:salute:

Not a chance we will have it in six months. We will probably have the first couple planes but the dev cycle is going to be long on this one. It’s a bigger project than bodenplatte when you look at it. I doubt we will see a full release before 2021.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Not a chance we will have it in six months. We will probably have the first couple planes but the dev cycle is going to be long on this one. It’s a bigger project than bodenplatte when you look at it. I doubt we will see a full release before 2021.

You might be right.  But we will have Normandy in BOX before any good WW11 historical content comes out from DCS.

2 hours ago, Taxman said:

Are you saying Battle of Normandy will release and be finished in 6 months or that we'll see our first content release in 6 months?

I'm guessing that we'll see the three new Collector Planes release late February or into March and then the first Battle of Normandy aircraft will appear sometime in the spring. Say May-June with releases happening every 7-10 weeks after that. That's typically how it goes.

• Upvote 2

If you built it (the hype) they will come (the updates)

Edited by SYN_Skydance
Added video

Other than a hotfix for various things from the last update and the release of the PanzerPzV Panther ,I can’t think of any other “BIG” things that will be in the upcoming update whenever it comes along.I figure the new collector planes are a bit further down the road & there won’t be anything at all for Battle of Normandy yet...The Russian crew has probably been too involved with celebrating the season to have done much more work....

9 minutes ago, andres43 said:

Where are the DEV's ???

hurry up.jpg

On Holiday

18 minutes ago, andres43 said:

Where are the DEV's ???

hurry up.jpg

I didn't know the Panther was used as AA gun, too.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

What is DD and why is it too late?

Development diary... and 'too late' means that people think one won't be posted this week (as it would have already been posted by now)... really - this thread is a pointless ritual. But it does let the excitable focus their energies on somewhere other than the rest of the forum.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Development diary... and 'too late' means that people think one won't be posted this week (as it would have already been posted by now)... really - this thread is a pointless ritual. But it does let the excitable focus their energies on somewhere other than the rest of the forum.

We ususally just joke that it is too late. We all know that they typically release DD on friday mornings

• Upvote 1

Hello Hello Hello, is there anybody in there?

OhhhhhhwwwOhhhhhh,

Is there anyone at home?

:bye:

Edited by BladeMeister

Ah, let em enjoy their time off already. Geez guys, like they have given us nothing recently LOL

Sure next week will be chocked full of fun info.

Lighten up dad, some of us are just interested in what the team is up to. Don't get your panties in a wad.

• Haha 3

(page 3!) Well, last weeks DD was super early on Friday, so let's get some wild, baseless speculation in! 

I'd like to see some surprise Yak-9(&9T) skins please! 

35 minutes ago, Diggun said:

I'd like to see some surprise Yak-9(&9T) skins please! 

That would be VERY nice. I pop a Wololo! on that.

20 hours ago, sevenless said:

That would be VERY nice. I pop a Wololo! on that.

Yep, that did the trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there a way to select just the current/latests developer diary without having the web browser load all of the previous ones (graphics heavy download).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Victory205 said:

Is there a way to select just the current/latests developer diary without having the web browser load all of the previous ones (graphics heavy download).

Yeah, I've noticed that. Why is that page so bloody long? :unsure:

3 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Yeah, I've noticed that. Why is that page so bloody long? :unsure:

There's a standard number of posts per page in this forum software - it's just that the content in a developer diary is jam packed and most of our posts are just a few sentences at most. So it feels quite long.

We should be swapping over to a new page soon though!

• Upvote 1