I've just began to try out Mediator hoping some of the additional shaders could help improving my preset but frankly I ended up using only SweetFX...oh well.

Used my most recent SweetFX profile (not released yet) as a base and tinkered a little with it. It's usefull to be able to have sliders although it's sometimes very hariraising if you want to make fine adjustments or try to get a value back to 0...

Anyway, I think my initial result isn't that bad:

Left Ingame Degault (0.8 Gamma)   -    Right Mediator + SweetFX2.0 shader

UhG9Xaq.jpg

GUYS this looks GREAT! I am playing ILS BOS on medium details, but it is still great!

BUT i am waiting for something like this - pictures look very much better with sweetFX.

I have a questions?

1) is it more complicated for my PC performance with this new settings?

2) will be the future game updates works good with this mod?

3) if the sweetFX will be too much for my PC performance can i download and use only RESHADE?

Maybe the reshade is the right for me - it works without sweetFX??
i don't have any experiences with this tools - so thank you very much for help 

I'll just go ahead and quickanswer your questions :)

1) Depends. On my machine SweetFX doesn't rob more than 1-2 FPS depending on situation. If it does cause massive performence drops you need to disable certain functions (some are very performence hungry while others have practicly no impact)

2) Yes, SweetFX is compatible with up to DirectX11 games. Unless major engine upgrades for BoS to DX12 are coming it should work fine.

3) Yes, Reshade is a seperate tool. You can use it for FPS, hardware stats ect. while SweetFX is a tool for post processing shaders and filters.

• Upvote 1

@Stab/JG26_5tuka

How do You install ReShade+Meditor? Could You be so kind and write it? I install it as I described before here http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17096-reshade-sweetfx/?p=331676 ,see the effect but when Id like to change something no result.

Yes, only SweetFX option is good. I use ReShade+Mediator in DCS and use only SweetFX option only.

Edited by YoYo

I'll just go ahead and quickanswer your questions :)

1) Depends. On my machine SweetFX doesn't rob more than 1-2 FPS depending on situation. If it does cause massive performence drops you need to disable certain functions (some are very performence hungry while others have practicly no impact)

2) Yes, SweetFX is compatible with up to DirectX11 games. Unless major engine upgrades for BoS to DX12 are coming it should work fine.

3) Yes, Reshade is a seperate tool. You can use it for FPS, hardware stats ect. while SweetFX is a tool for post processing shaders and filters.

thank you very much - must try today :)

@Stab/JG26_5tuka

How do You install ReShade+Meditor? Could You be so kind and write it? I install it as I described before here http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17096-reshade-sweetfx/?p=331676 ,see the effect but when Id like to change something no result.

Yes, only SweetFX option is good. I use ReShade+Mediator in DCS and use only SweetFX option only.

Have you removed all files frm previous SweetFX installations? It took me a couple of attempts until I noticed I still had an old d3d9.dll in my game folder. After removing it, deinstalling and again installing Mediator everything worked fine.

I modified 5tuka's settings to reduce the red and sepia tones a bit. Here's my take on SweetFX if you'd like to try it. This is my first try and full credit to 5tuka for doing the heavy lifting.

MAN this is great! Thank you fur tune up - it is great for me  :salute:

• Upvote 1

First stage of tweaking with the Mediator toll is done. I'm not 100% satisfied with the results yet although I'm glad I could manage to greatly enhence ground detail and visibility wih this (sth that bugged me most with the new summer map). I don't think the screenshots can do justice but the improvement should be visibel.

ILosE2n.jpg

8CBsQle.jpg

FTaQPhc.jpg

Note: This will only work with Reshade Framework 1.1.0 + Mediator configurator, do not use this for SweetFX standalone versions.

Note2: I will translate my settings into a SweetFX settings file once done with the work. Mediator is not much of an improvement because the other provided shaders don't work/look well with BoS.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxv27ixl24bxo1b/Mediator_SweetFX_settings_by_5tuka.rar

Installation: Open Mediator and create a new profile for BoS. After that close Mediator and navigate to ReShade ReShade Framework 1.1.0\ReShade\PersonalFiles\Presets\YourProfileName . Replace the "SweetFX.cfg" with the one in the Download. After that launch Mediator again and reload the Profile.

Hope you enjoy it! Feedback is welcome. :salute:

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

Hello Stab/JG26_5tuka, I 've using SweetFX and Reshade for a while now and I really liked the different iterations of your FX settings that you kindly shared with all of us. So I installed the Mediator version for DARK SOULS 2 and now after cleaning Il-2 of the standard SweetFX version created a new profile for it and a default preset, following your last post I changed the default file for the one you uploaded and its like day and night the difference.

I really love the sharpening and enhancement of the texture you obtain. But the compilation say there is a error on the cfg it seems, I got this message every time I enabled the FX:

C:\Juegos\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Shader@0x19373600(142,6): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

I don't see anything wrong anyways, maybe is my graphic card or my resolution of 1680x1050 that create that error. Just posted as feedback. Thank you very much for your work.

Yea I get that message too. It came after enabling one of the new filters although I have not encountered any issues so far. It's definetly not an hardware / game issue on your end :)

Thx for the feedback, I'll keep tinkering!

I modified 5tuka's settings to reduce the red and sepia tones a bit. Here's my take on SweetFX if you'd like to try it. This is my first try and full credit to 5tuka for doing the heavy lifting.

very good! thanks!

Would you please tell me, guys, which Sweet FX / ReShade / do you use ?

The game is crashing very often, i tried with SweetFX v2.0 Preview 8

Please give me some advices, i can't play anymore, and i want to use Sweet FX / ReShade 

Thank you

I'm using the reshade+mediator Stuka just made a profile for. It's nice.

Watch the video above, it lays it all out.

Edited by II./JG53_Uwe

Hi 5tuka, 

I installed Reshade Framework1.1.0+Mediator, but no way to have your presets working for me... 

I am sure I am messing up something but... 

Would you please explain again (for an idiot like me  :huh: ) where to put the sweetfx.cfg file in order to have it work and applied? 

I edit my post because I realized in fcat that I nerver managed to have Il-2 Sturmovik appearing as in the pic bellow (in the right part of it where you have "delete" "update" and "browse")...

The only thing I have there is a white surface, or Lazynet... No Il2 Sturmovik...

88c1509a1187851b.jpg

Nonetheless when I go to my mediator files I have in fact a profile called Il-2 Sturmovik... 

And yes I created the profile in Direct 3D 9 for Il2 BOS....

I am lost 

Thanks for your help... 

Edited by UF_Hammerhead

I have the same situation like you, Hammerhead, and its not working

Don't worry, I'm just a complicate thinking person :) Didn't even think of the usual profile import function when posting this.

This one should be easier to install:

Just unzip to a location of your choice and copy the content over to your Reshade main folder. Make sure the filestructure matches.

Also mind you first have to let Mediator recognize IL-2 BoS on your harddrive and make sure it's listed as Dx9, otherwise it won't work. If that's done, chose IL-2 Sturmovik in the game tab and than the IL-2 Sturmovik by 5tuka in the Profile tab.

Its working now, allthough the game crash sometime, when i access the Settings - graphics

I wonder whats your setup 

Where could i find some profiles ( only for testing ) ??

Thank you

Where could i find some profiles ?

I want to test / see / different profiles , settings.

Thank you

Is it possible to have SweetFX or Redshade working but without turning off antialising in the settings option in IL-2 BoS?

I noticed that this default AA is better.

Edited by YoYo

Is it possible to have SweetFX or Redshade working but without turning off antialising in the settings option in IL-2 BoS?

I noticed that this default AA is better.

Yes.  Reshade works with in game aa in both BoS and RoF.

Ok, I had problem with this only with SweetFX. Now I see is a lot of better!

x4 in the sim + default FXAA in SweetFX +  (GeForce driver) Sparse Grid Supersampling x2

Il-2-2016_swnqesw.jpg Il-2-2016_swnqess.jpg Il-2-2016_swnqeax.jpg  Il-2-2016_swnqsse.jpg Nowy-2JPG_swnqssw.jpg Il-2-2016_swehxre.jpg Il-2-2016_swehxrw.jpg 
Edited by YoYo

Nice screenies YoYo :salute: .   Those are the same settings I use.

Out of interest is there much difference between Nvidia CP FXAA and SweetFX FXAA in performance or how it is implemented

Cheers Dakpilot

Ok, I had problem with this only with SweetFX. Now I see is a lot of better!

x4 in the sim + default FXAA in SweetFX +  (GeForce driver) Sparse Grid Supersampling x2

Il-2-2016_swnqesw.jpg Il-2-2016_swnqess.jpg Il-2-2016_swnqeax.jpg  Il-2-2016_swnqsse.jpg Nowy-2JPG_swnqssw.jpg Il-2-2016_swehxre.jpg Il-2-2016_swehxrw.jpg

For best results, always use the same amount of SGSSAA as you use for MSAA, i.e., x4 inside the game, then SGSSAA=x4 too. You may want to check this article to get even better results with your set: http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Cheers.

I see there is a new version of reshade out that does not include the mediator.exe file.

It now has a file exe called reshade assistant.

Edited by JG27_Targ

For best results, always use the same amount of SGSSAA as you use for MSAA, i.e., x4 inside the game, then SGSSAA=x4 too. You may want to check this article to get even better results with your set: http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Cheers.

Thx, but I was the first! :D when I checked I noticed that SGSSx4 works and looks better than x2 if I have in the sim MSAAx4.

From few days I have this settings, good find! Thank You.

I see there is a new version of reshade out that does not include the mediator.exe file.

It now has a file exe called reshade assistant.

If someone wants, I put here the version with Mediator (1.1.0): https://m.sendspace.com/file/rchu13 .

For me, Mediator is making the game crash

Do i have other options ?

The error is " nvd3dum.dl "

I tried to uninstall the nVidia driver ( with and without DDU ) and installed the newest driver from nVidia, but as soon as i use Mediator for BoS, the game crash

Before the crash, the image looks like this

post-84866-0-58006900-1458479227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Avyx

After the update from Today of 1.201 Redshade dosent work. Must check it.

Hmmm, I checked d3d9 and dxgi option. It doesnt work. Any idea?

Edited by YoYo

After the update from Today of 1.201 Redshade dosent work. Must check it.

Hmmm, I checked d3d9 and dxgi option. It doesnt work. Any idea?

same here

i reinstalled it with the standard installer, selected the BoS.exe and it worked..

i reinstalled it with the standard installer, selected the BoS.exe and it worked..

BOS.exe? Il-2.exe I think. 

I use Redshade+mediator, I removed the files manually + added the profile again but without sucess .

btw. From D3D9 report:

"31/03/2016 21:50:42:108 [07528] | INFO  | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '1.1.0.962' built on '2015-11-07 11:55:53' loaded from "P:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\d3d9.dll" to "P:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Launcher.exe"

It looks like now is wrong way, not Launcher.exe I think but Il-2.exe (like in ProfilePath).

Edited by YoYo

Ok, it works! I pushed delete button > Confirm. Next I created the profile again (I had old present for IL-2 BoS too, no need do a backup).

Nowy-3JPG_sspqeqw.jpg

IL2BoM24j_sspqsxp.jpg

IL2BoM23j_sspqsrr.jpg

Il-2-2016_sshrxrs.jpg
Edited by YoYo