Sign in to follow this  
Jupp

Jupp's Missions

Any plans to add the M202 to the Jupp Mission set ?  I had to ask for the sake all the lazy simmers like myself that don't dare venture near the editor.

~S~ Skoop,

Sorry the lateness of my posting this, been illin'.

Here's a very basic set up using the new Mc202s8.

You'll note this one occurs on the Lapino Map. :cool: 

With the new ME .pdf you should now be on your way to writing missions as well.

Something I've told you about, my simplistic approach to making these, should make understanding things easier for you and others.

And, matter of fact, you don't need to credit me any further if you were to lift my methodologies, or indeed directly copy and paste my work in the future.

It's enough that your own enthusiasm has shown through everywhere you've been on this forum, and from a die hard sim hobbyist, I thank you for that!

Blue Skies Brother, Blue Skies,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hidixrxv9dd7jxx/Operation%20August.zip?dl=0

Bo_S_Operation_August.jpg

Edited by Jupp
  • Upvote 3

I did use prangster's ME guide to break the ice with the mission editor.  I was able to add the Macchi to good bye blue skies with no problem.  It's easy doing tweaks with an already built mission, still working through the guide on building one from scratch.

One thing I want to tweak is the wargrounds mission that runs on the new wings server.  The mission hinges on players flying supply missions to neutral airfields to turn them to your side.  I want to figure out a way to have AI ju52s do this so the player can focus on A2A combat.  Add a little more AI planes and this will make a great furball action mission like GBS.

Edited by Skoop

~S~ Skoop,

Good to hear. And great Idea. It's certainly feasible to do that, let me know and we'll look into it soon.

I'm traveling out of town tonight, but I'll bring my lap top, and study what you're trying to accomplish.

Should I resolve it (seems just a matter of tweaking the triggers to recognize the Ju52's) we'll report back here.

Best to you!

Jupp,

Figured I'd post this here as the spot light function I was going for was your idea, and a mighty fine one too.

background info...

I've got a closable/capturable AF!!! Using four perimeter gun emplacements with one spotlight, one flak and on machine gun each. Right now all four gun emplacements have to go down to close the airfield (obviously more targets can, and will be added to the base closure counter). The guns each use their own attack area. Am going to release the airfield as a super easy to paste group where you just move the runway lights, guns and other objects to where you want them. All the logic will be buried in sub groups so as not to confuse anyone. Pertinent triggers will also be left out of the sub groups so the AF can be customized with more targets for the closure or more things triggered by the closure. So until I get the AF set up as portable I'll drop some pics here of the search lights doing their thing during some of my many testing runs.

AI gun emplacement behavior observations......

They tend to team up in pairs (assumingly to triangulate better). Only saw three lights lock on to one target once and it was very brief. That third light moved on to a new target almost immediately after becoming the third light on one target. Usually it's pairs working together, sometimes three targets get lit. Overall I am very pleased with how they are behaving. I could move the attack areas out a little more, but I really am satisfied with how they are working now.

Sorry bout the huge map in the pics, was testing afterall :)

Spotlights%20(1).jpgSpotlights%20(2).jpgSpotlights%20(3).jpgSpotlights%20(4).jpgSpotlights%20(5).jpgSpotlights%20(6).jpg

Edited by Menacing_Ferrets

Jupp,

Figured I'd post this here as the spot light function I was going for was your idea, and a mighty fine one too.

background info...

I've got a closable/capturable AF!!! Using four perimeter gun emplacements with one spotlight, one flak and on machine gun each. Right now all four gun emplacements have to go down to close the airfield (obviously more targets can, and will be added to the base closure counter). The guns each use their own attack area. Am going to release the airfield as a super easy to paste group where you just move the runway lights, guns and other objects to where you want them. All the logic will be buried in sub groups so as not to confuse anyone. Pertinent triggers will also be left out of the sub groups so the AF can be customized with more targets for the closure or more things triggered by the closure. So until I get the AF set up as portable I'll drop some pics here of the search lights doing their thing during some of my many testing runs.

AI gun emplacement behavior observations......

They tend to team up in pairs (assumingly to triangulate better). Only saw three lights lock on to one target once and it was very brief. That third light moved on to a new target almost immediately after becoming the third light on one target. Usually it's pairs working together, sometimes three targets get lit. Overall I am very pleased with how they are behaving. I could move the attack areas out a little more, but I really am satisfied with how they are working now.

Sorry bout the huge map in the pics, was testing afterall :)

Spotlights%20(1).jpgSpotlights%20(2).jpgSpotlights%20(3).jpgSpotlights%20(4).jpgSpotlights%20(5).jpgSpotlights%20(6).jpg

Very interested in this!

Once I've got the AF cleaned up for easy placement I'll release it as a group.

I am running a MP test of this setup right now of Menacing Ferrets BOS server.  Once a plane spawns on either side a routine tests out the airfield.  The airfield is triggered from neutral to german by an HE111  and triggered to Russian with a PE2. The spot is tiny and it's right in front of the Control Tower.  

The AI will trigger field from neutral to German first.  You'll see a note about it in mission and then on the map you'll see "German" next to the AF. The color of the AF on the map does not change until you start a new sortie, so I added the Text to the map indicating the status of the AF.  

The AI he111 that triggers the AF to German dispatches itself after the change and you'll see the runway lights go out because there are no friendly AC in the area.

Four AI Il2s then swoop in and bomb the four gun positions closing the base. Use these AI planes or the runway ground object's cameras to watch the action.  

Once the field closes (back to neutral) a PE2 will spawn and trigger the change to Russian. Now the lights on runway stay on because the PE2s are still hanging about.

Ju87s come in next and reclose the base.  

Nothing else follows. The AI fly off and base sits there neutral. This is where you get to test your He111 or PE2s as those are only two planes for players to fly.  Take one for a spin and see if you can find the base trigger spot.  ;)

Best to use the airborne AI as cameras to see how the searchlights and flak guns behave.

Now that I've seen Coconut's use of activating and deactivating timers (see groups page)

A counter you can cancel (which will reset it to zero without it firing).  
post-31381-0-42822700-1427655281_thumb.j

While the example is a bit more than i need, it verified my suspicions that deactivating timers was possible. Now I know how to add the 30 minutes rebuild base loop.  This way it doesn't sit there neutral forever. It'll become the country's that last held it.

BTW CZs can be activated after being deactivated just like the timer, this way you can use the CZ again after deactivating it. This was not terribly obvious to get working, but i opens the door for far more advanced logic!  When reactivating CZ's and timers it's best to reactivate first then maybe a second later have the logic flow trigger the timer. 

It would be cool if these triggers had an 'enable' check box like the entities. I'd like them to start out deactivated sometimes.

Now that I've seen Coconut's use of activating and deactivating timers (see groups page)

While the example is a bit more than i need, it verified my suspicions that deactivating timers was possible. Now I know how to add the 30 minutes rebuild base loop.  This way it doesn't sit there neutral forever. It'll become the country's that last held it.

BTW CZs can be activated after being deactivated just like the timer, this way you can use the CZ again after deactivating it. This was not terribly obvious to get working, but i opens the door for far more advanced logic!  When reactivating CZ's and timers it's best to reactivate first then maybe a second later have the logic flow trigger the timer. 

It would be cool if these triggers had an 'enable' check box like the entities. I'd like them to start out deactivated sometimes.

I believe check zones start out disabled from my experience, until you send a signal to them, like start mission, or from a timer.

I believe check zones start out disabled from my experience, until you send a signal to them, like start mission, or from a timer.

The real kicker comes when you go to "reactivate" a deactivated CZ.  It's not as simple as just hitting it with a trigger, it must be first reactivated, then hit with the logic sequence. Not possible to reactivated a CZ with anything but an activate trigger (after CZ has been deactivated) or at least I've not gotten this to work.

I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why my CZs wouldn't work after the first time. Of course I deactivate everything i can, so i tried this and it works.

First is how I originally triggered the CZ

post-80326-0-54081500-1446504826_thumb.jpg

Second does not re-activate CZ (tested ad nauseam)

post-80326-0-95696600-1446504826_thumb.jpg

Third works like a charm

post-80326-0-66114800-1446504825_thumb.jpg

I am guessing this is similar to all non entity things that activate and deactivate triggers will target link too

i.e. CZ and timers. Anyone confirm or modify my findings? 

The real kicker comes when you go to "reactivate" a deactivated CZ. It's not as simple as just hitting it with a trigger, it must be first reactivated, then hit with the logic sequence. Not possible to reactivated a CZ with anything but an activate trigger (after CZ has been deactivated) or at least I've not gotten this to work.

I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why my CZs wouldn't work after the first time. Of course I deactivate everything i can, so i tried this and it works.

First is how I originally triggered the CZ

CZ on Mission Begin.jpg

Second does not re-activate CZ (tested ad nauseam)

will not reactivate.jpg

Third works like a charm

Correct.jpg

I am guessing this is similar to all non entity things that activate and deactivate triggers will target link too

You don't need the time delay for the deactivate command per my testing. Having only one check zone is the least computer intensive option for a ground unit like AA guns for me. I just flip mine on for a few seconds after 3 minutes to check if aircraft are still in the area.

time delay before deactivate was merely aesthetics. Sometimes hard to read that return target line in a pic.  

Four guns have two CZs each, they deactivate/activate each other.

Entire AF has two complex triggers and they are used  briefly to identify the capturing planes..  Count eight AI planes bombing the same area, and four separate gun emplacements active (there are AA mg's there too if you fly low enough) and the mission runs super clean.  Cpu load at peak averages at that first line up from bottom on server chart. The AI are coming out eventually, well at least the ones in there now. Those are just silly as anything other than testing tools.

Now that most of the hard logic stuff is done it's just a matter of testing tweaking testing ... because once I bundle up a group it's hard to edit it with out un-grouping everything.

Third works like a charm

attachicon.gifCorrect.jpg

This setup is very similar to the 'loops' the campaign missions use. They're a bit of a goldmine for "good practice" in terms of setting up sequences of MCUs.

~S~ Everyone,

Here's a version 1.104 Deathmatch (Multiplayer) Mission I just wrote.

This is as stripped down as I could make it so as not to get a MSOM.

"Multiplayer Server Overload Message". Though, it may still happen.

This mission is good for a 1 hour rotation (Mission End 3600 in .SDS)

bf109e1 .vs p40e1 AI between Yantar and Lapino, in summer weather.

ju87d3 and il2m42 will also make bomb runs on the bases. Stop them!

Good Hunting,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vitakm8unh3fdql/Operation%20Aquarius.rar?dl=0

Bo_S_1104_Itsahit.jpg

• Upvote 1

~S~ "MF",

Not at all. It's very basic, still done in my style, but without nearly as many Complex Triggers, as I've been trying to "manage limits better".

I used the Spawner MCUs for the first time, having created logic loops for them to keep reinforcing their sides when shot down, as before.

The dive bombers, for both sides, are also spawned, as opposed to activated, they fly a bomb run, and then RTB, land, taxi, and despawn.

On my system, or set up, Running Dserver and Joining It, from the same computer, I still get the "Multiplayer Server Overload" messages.

I'm nearly ready to post yet another version of that mission. I moved the action, to be between Rodnik and Dubki, & it plays very good too.

Sadly it looks to be (for now) that there is no possibility of a seamless RRR in Multiplayer though I wish it could be done like "Zuti's MDS".

So yeah, if you can, get past the 11/3/42 Date having Summer weather, and the last Ju-87, does not RTB, when you host it for 3600 (1hour).

You can host it as is or open in the ME and change the AC or Objects .etc as you wish easily. Also I put the 5 Ru boats just East of Lapino.

Hopefully, we can catch each other online tonight and work on the moving front line / airfield turnover subtitles movies and music pad out.

All of those things are straightforward compared to the "how come, why, or why not" to do certain things, in certain ways. My "manifesto."

Keep 'em Flying,

Taxiing is (uh-hum) very taxing on the CPU. At least it was when I made V-Luki Counter-strike. It can be a good idea to spawn AIs in the air, and delete them a few seconds after landing.

• Upvote 1

Taxiing is (uh-hum) very taxing on the CPU. At least it was when I made V-Luki Counter-strike. It can be a good idea to spawn AIs in the air, and delete them a few seconds after landing.

Good to know. Already pay enough taxes as it is.

~S~ Fellows,

Yes, the "Hardcoded" AI Routines (Not only MCUs) are CPU Resource Hoggers.

Most especially the Taxi, Take-Off, Landing, and Bombing actions of the Aircrafts.

I do Airstart, all AI, in Multiplayer missions, always have, for a couple of  reasons.

I prefer to have Bombers Land and Taxi as opposed to "slam into mountains" (old 1946 pre-delete to de-spawn them trick lol)...

This goes into my "manifesto", which I should start a separate thread for, discussing the splitting of hairs, of form over function things.

To have visually stimulating and interesting things, be unused due to poor optimizations, is like driving in 1st gear using trees as brakes.

Working towards resource management, I still must have things on my terms, which I will go into depth about, in my maniacal new thread...

"Mein Comph". :wacko: 

Keep Looking Up,

Edited by Jupp

Jupp, the renewable checkbox on an airfield advanced properties, is for what exactly? It states 30 minutes by default. Is it to bring a fixed number(say 20) of aircraft available back up to original quantities after 30 minutes?

I am pretty sure that's right Gnome... 

I've taken to flying my AI off the map and deactivating/deleting them instead of the cluttering up my airfield's airspace with landing AI.  It's cool for some things, but a flight of 7 AI landing at the same time tie things up for a while....

When I do have em take off I use on runway starts so they don't taxi. These flights are only triggered upon sensing the first Human AC spawned (on parking). This makes it very difficult for collisions to occur on the ground with these AI and Humans as the AI are usually gone before the human is spooled up. Also I use the AI flights as a timer of sorts are they activate all of the mission critical vehicle columns. My VLUFO mission originally based on Prangster's TUT has 14 AI planes active at one point. JU52s taking off while stukka, 190s and 109 are engaged with laggs. Then Stukkas dive bomb while the 109s and 190s still cover.  No complex triggers in mission, no server overload message.  The closest it comes is when the artillery start firing at ground targets.  LOADS of check zones to move the icons and front lines as well as control the AI.   After a month and a week this mission is running exceptionally smooth.

generating logs adds just a little load, but still not enough to affect the mission.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure that's right Gnome...

I've taken to flying my AI off the map and deactivating/deleting them instead of the cluttering up my airfield's airspace with landing AI. It's cool for some things, but a flight of 7 AI landing at the same time tie things up for a while....

When I do have em take off I use on runway starts so they don't taxi. These flights are only triggered upon sensing the first Human AC spawned (on parking). This makes it very difficult for collisions to occur on the ground with these AI and Humans as the AI are usually gone before the human is spooled up. Also I use the AI flights as a timer of sorts are they activate all of the mission critical vehicle columns. My VLUFO mission originally based on Prangster's TUT has 14 AI planes active at one point. JU52s taking off while stukka, 190s and 109 are engaged with laggs. Then Stukkas dive bomb while the 109s and 190s still cover. No complex triggers in mission, no server overload message. The closest it comes is when the artillery start firing at ground targets. LOADS of check zones to move the icons and front lines as well as control the AI. After a month and a week this mission is running exceptionally smooth.

generating logs adds just a little load, but still not enough to affect the mission.

Many thanks for the very detailed explanation.

I don't want to give out VLUFO until I am 100% sure I am done with it. Once it's tested to the max and cleaned up so it's easy to open and understand, I'll totally give it out.  Same with my closeable/captureable AF.  I am working on 'em and they are both very close.... I hope they can help out.  If anything else they are a good source of easy to place groups.  I'll keep working and giving back as much as I can. Just don't want to give out something that is broken :)

~S~ Everyone,

Here, is a much further revised, "Operation Aquarius 2", Multiplayer Mission for v1.104

Moved the action to be between Rodnik and Dubki with a ship battle in the middle of them.

AI 109e7 and p40e1 dogfight above the ships, and the dive bombers bomb the bases then land.

Set up the Dserver to Mission End 7200 (that is 2 hours in real time) and it plays out very nicely.

Download :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zs7mm809evcolk/Operation%20Aquarius%202.rar?dl=0

Screenshot :

Bo_S_Operation_Aquarius_2.jpg

Keep 'em Flying,

Edited by Jupp
  • Upvote 1

MF-

I notice you have had your server up at almost 24/7. With all the working you have been doing with building missions as well as hosting Jupps missions for variety, along with having the new MP stats running...It looks like your server is potentially evolving into a legit place for US based flyers to congregate to.

I do prefer no Icon CEM, not sure if that's the settings you want to play at, but I will have to make a point to check your server out.

- Skoop

• Upvote 1

Operation Aquarius One

Mission Objective with subtitles fixed

Ten minute mission end count down timer starting at one hour, Subtitles fixed

Complex Triggers replaced with Check zone triggers

Check zones object linked to searchlights removed

Red and Green Flares working

Searchlights searching

post-80326-0-02246400-1447052262_thumb.jpgpost-80326-0-49921600-1447052263_thumb.jpgpost-80326-0-78515700-1447052264_thumb.jpg

post-80326-0-82091900-1447051710_thumb.jpg

post-80326-0-25279000-1447051720_thumb.jpg

Weirdness, took a screenshot of the subtitles working for the mission end counter, and they don't show up in the .bmp generated by the game.  Verified they are working though.  LOL they are also fairly small in upper left corner, so readable yes, intrusive no.

Thanks Everyone who helped test this out last night.  Was immensely helpful!  Good times too!!

I love the way this one is running, I see no reason to change it further. It is a perfect 70 minute mission ending roughly three minutes after the last 87  despawns.   On to Aquarius 2.

<S> all, was a blast!!

or course as soon as i hit post on the last reply i realized I need to replace the mission begin translators with check zones on both country's spawns.   

This way the mission will wait indefinitely for a player to spawn before starting the logic sequences.  That's like a 10 minute project, but it's gonna have to wait until tomorrow. 

Added two CZ triggers, one at each spawn, radius 50m sphere. They trigger all AI and the mission end timer.   Once either CZ triggers, it deactivates both CZs.

Spaced out the AI fighter's initial spawn-in. 5 second separation, to minimize the chance of CTDing clients.

Change Subtitle font size from 14 to 18 for mission end timer. Was just too small. 

That's it, packaged up and here it is.  Have it running right now on MF bos server. (well it's not running yet as no one is in there :)

Aquarius One .rar

Super easy to add logic to this one, was so nice and neat!  <S> Jupp

Will get cracking on Aquarius Two to mark it up for server prolly tomorrow.

~S~ Menacing and Everyone,

It's a good "rule of  thumb", that, if you edit someone's missions, accredited or not, you should rename the files to avoid confusion, or inadvertent over writings, and such.

I encourage everyone to get their hands dirty in the Mission Editor. Open other people's work, including my own, even to copy, paste, & use elements to learn from. Always.

Plagiarism is not the concern, however, getting different missions mixed up between offered downloads, and transmitted via Multiplayer sessions, could become problematic.

Also, while I have you behind the woodshed for a moment, please don't spam this particular thread, "Jupp's Missions", as it's intent is for less clutter, when looking for missions.

It has been great already to have met you and learn things back and forth about the mission editor and what we can do in the future, using our collective talents, and skills, together.

And... so... finally...

I have just worked out my first successful Change of Airfield Country from Neutral, to German, after having an event, trigger a tank platoon, which over runs the airfield, so I am stoked! :rolleyes: 

I've waited in the wings for things to slow down in the update department. I have finally gotten around to unlocking the more advanced features of the mission editor, and, having fun again!!!

So, I will be taking some time to finish updating the "Official" Aquarius trilogy (because I have already refined them myself again), and also, moving forward with my new "Tug of War" series.

Thank You All (for your co-operation),

Bo_S_Conga_Line.jpg

When you download Aquarius One from my server it will place it in a folder inside the multiplayer folder called "Aquarius Series". Aquarius 2 will download to same folder but name is Aquarius Two.  I set it to a new folder because MP dogfight folder was getting out of hand. Plus avoids that overwriting stuff if in a new folder.

• Upvote 1

~S~ "MF",

Awesome thanks! I can sleep better now. Just putting it out there publicly for any new initiates into our brethren's rank of mission builders.

Also, I'm on your TeamSpeak3 at the moment, in the Editor's Den. And it's 4:20pm yo! :drinks: 

Peace Out,

Sounds great guys, like the work that the both of you are doing.

~S~ Everyone,

I've taken some time, exploring more complex features and "outside logics". That is, planning out, working with, and around, the strengths, and weaknesses, of mission writing in general.

Coincidently I found this quote online recently, "A key component in video game design is taking bugs and making them features". And that's what I've been up to now.

Though this has delayed the reissues of my Aquarius missions, it has made boom gains in what I am now able to do with my PVE environments in the future. Stay Tuned! !S -Jupp- :salute:  

GNE.jpg

• Upvote 1

~S~ Everyone,

Here is a new mission scenario named "Tug of War". It involves fighting off bombers to keep possession of Stolyarov airfield.

I've introduced the side changing Behavior MCU logic and deactivating AI out of range (instead of landing them) for this one.

A few other things to discover when you play, and best of all, no more "Multiplayer Server Overload Messages" when tested.

Files for four modes included : Day, Rain, Snow, Night. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wvau6yi7trcu1u/Tug%20of%20War.zip?dl=0

Keep 'em Flying,

Bo_S_Tug_of_War.jpgBo_S_Tug_of_War_2.jpg

Edited by Jupp