Sign in to follow this  
Jupp

Jupp's Missions

~S~ Everyone,

I've teased enough, tested enough, and flown these enough to now share them with the confidence enough, that they can be enjoyed by many.

Sadly, they are still in an "RC3 (Release Candidate 3)" state as there are certain things I'd liked to have addressed, but time and such has delayed.

There are changes I've made, such as removing the Pink Floyd Music mp3, the Hakenkruz ground fires, and indeed, I consider these incomplete. :(

However, there is enough here, for Multiplayer Hosts, Mission Writers, Players, and the curious, to make them worth breathing into the world "as is". :)

I've been left comfortably numb, and blown away by the visuals, changing dramatically the gameplay experience I've had, and "everyone else" has agreed!

So humbly, I present, Goodbye Blue Sky Parts One and Two for your enjoyment. You may alter, copy, paste, and hosts these as you wish. Have the fun!

Good Hunting,

!S -Jupp- :cool: 

*Multiplayer Deathmatch use "Only", unless revised for Single/ which I found unsatisfactory on conversion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc22drs3x2576os/Jupps%20Goodbye%20Blue%20Sky%20RC3.zip?dl=0

Bo_S_ME_Thread_Head.jpg

Edited by Jupp
  • Upvote 5

Nice, you finally posted them.

Can't wait for the next round that are WIP.

Also noticed the AI 109s / 190s last night going vertical or climbing to altitude more as opposed to just resorting to constant turn fights on the deck. Those pixel pilots seemed more Luftwaffe like.

• Upvote 1

~S~ Tx_Tip,

Thanks.

These are done so differently, than anything else that I have seen presented anywhere else, I'm looking forward to reaction/constructive criticism posts as well.

Keep 'em flying,

!S -Jupp- :salute:

~S~ Throweight,

The most appropriately named song by Zep is probably "Night Flight", but it's about a draft dodger and not very ww2 sim friendly.

Blue Skies,

!S -Jupp- :music: 

~S~ Everyone,

With a major update pending in just a few days I suppose I'll concentrate on the back log of ideas that I have had. Here is one. Peace out. :salute: 

Bo_S_LL_Star.jpg

• Upvote 1

^ looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.

Hi Jupp,

Ran Goodbye Blue Sky Pt1&2 tonight.  Everyone enjoyed the missions.

Some players prefer to be able to land after completing a flight.  With the air-start only this is not possible, as in the game recognising your landing (reports crash landed, 50% points etc).

In Pt2 seemed to run out of Soviet searchlights and anti-aircraft fire pretty quickly.

Other than that I enjoyed the searchlights and the opening bomber mission while you are waiting to start up.

Thx

~S~ Felix_Culpa,

So glad that you took a moment of your time to reply to this thread. Thank you.

I should have written in the Read-Me or the briefings that both of the bases are present in both of the missions.

So, you can fly to and land at the appropriate one for your side, when you are the air started attackers. Even attack them any time. ;)

The Ai level bombers and the dive bombers do fly to them and land. Something I mistakenly assumed people would discover with replays.

I made it so that the searchlights respawn twice, after being destroyed, and then no more, to make it possible to suppress them for good eventually.

I did not do that for the Flak or AAA guns. Since you have brought it up, I can use the same routine I used for respawning the searchlights, in the future.

Most everyone has fought the Ai planes, and each other, in the last few weeks, and the most I've had in my server was about 10-12 pilots, so thank you a lot.

Your report has certainly explained where these and future missions (after the upcoming update) need improvement & revision & I'm happy you enjoyed them.

Blue Skies,

P/S- Thanks for your information, I will do an update to these missions to address those issues even before the next IL-2 BoS patch this week. Perhaps today. :)

Edited by Jupp

Jupp,

I ran "Pigs on The Wing" for most of the evening on my dserver called "SoCalsimS" with a "Featuring Jupp's Missions" for some cred on who made the mission.  It ran pretty smooth, and everyone dug the AI with player mix.  This mission style has really been helping the evenings for west coast US online play.  A half dozen players mixed in with a dozen AI on a small map makes for some great action.

• Upvote 1

Gday Jupp, great work on the mission mate, i flew with Felix and the lads last night and throughly enjoyed the mission. Keep up the good work :salute:

~S~ White Yeti,

Thank you for posting so here. The matter of the complexity involved, concerning settings, gameplay, .etc, leaves one wondering how others like them.

Simply that you've seen another side of BoS, how truly it does impress, when handled this way, is the greatest return of the hours that I spent making them.

I really haven't even scratched the surface of this great product, and wish that my health wasn't interfering with the assembly of even more mission examples.

We've flown these for many, many, hours, in the process of building them, and, the amazing things that I've witnessed replaying them have not disappointed.

Skoop mentioned another mission set I've done, concerning moving trains, called "Pigs on the Wing". I'm going to post them up for download "as is" now too.

Best to you and yours,

~S~ Everyone,

Here are the files for Hosting "Pigs on the Wing" Parts 1 and 2. This one has moving trains, that defend themselves with Flak and AAA guns.

Part 1 is a Russian attacking German Trains set up running from the West towards the East. Part 2 is Germans attacking Russian Trains from East to West.

I should mention that I set up my Dserver sessions to run for one hour for each mission, and I've not set a victory condition. The winning is in having fun! :cool: 

Each train, if the engine is destroyed (Locomotive G8 message) will respawn at the start point twice more, so there's a chance of exhausting them eventually.

Here is the download :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjdtdr61cmuam3o/Jupps%20Pigs%20on%20the%20Wing%20RC3.zip?dl=0

And here are screenshots that I've made to give you an idea of the scenario, and the area of operation for both sides : (*Part One, In Part Two the Roles are Reversed)

Bo_S_Pot_W_prt1_Ru.jpg

Bo_S_Pot_W_prt1_Ger.jpg

Keep 'em Flying,

Edited by Jupp
  • Upvote 2

Jupp,

I ran all your missions on socalsims last nite.  I put both good bye blue sky versions and both pigs on the wing missions on there.  I also put the beta version of dogs of war that I had.  That's 5 hours of rotating missions now, If only I could keep the server up 24 / 7. 

I think over all, pigs on the wing is the fan favorite for quick dogfight fun, I might double those up in the rotation. 

The dogs of war has a lot of potential, there's a lot of AI in the air in that mission.  Tick delay was at 54, I saw a lot of AI rubberbanding.  I like the mission though, can't wait to see the improved version in the future.

- Skoop

Hi Jupp,

Thx for the piow update.  Look forward to flying it.

Everyone is impressed with how the searchlights are not random but do follow the bad guys!

Has helped numerous times when on defence.

Jupp-

How hard is it to add rata clients to your missions ?

I bet your already doing as I type this, but I just thought I'd ask.

~S~ Skoop,

Open in ME, Select the "fakefield," Icon, <-- in it's Properties Box the Planes Button, Add Button, Check Unlimited Tickbox for Unlimited Replenish (Respawning).

From the Dropdown Menu select i16t24, and from either In Air (Obvious), On Parking (Engine Off, not location), or, On Runway (Engine Started, not location).

So, of course for the Airstart, Choose Air, and Altitude 1500, for the Runway Start missions I always use On Parking, as I like to do the preflight check and make use of CEM.

Also, for older missions created pre v1.101, you'll need to reselect the Atmosphere Options, and select some Clouds there. *Sorry I didn't note which ones I used.

Then select File, Save As... keep or rename it exactly as it was, allow overwrite, then Exit. Start up Dserver and the rest you know, and you'll have added the Rata!

Keep 'em Flying,

Bo_S_Adding_Rata.jpg

Edited by Jupp

Jupp -

I didn't get a chance to test your mission on my deserver to see if the spam message is CPU related.   I will put up the latest versions tomorrow to see if I get the spam message.  It may be relative to the strength of an individuals CPU. 

So I fired up the dserver today with the latest jupp mission versions that went into my dogfight folder when I played on your dserver that was putting out all the spam messages....and.....I get no spam messages.  This is just a prelim test, I will put it up tonight and do further testing with 10 or more players logged in.

I'm starting to think it may be an issue with your hardware, the game senses the strain on your hardware and starts thrown up message spam.

So, there is no need to rewrite your missions to eliminate the spam which is fortunate for the community....unfortunately it may limit you from hosting missions until you can kill the message spam on your end.

Edited by Skoop

~S~ Skoop,

Well, good to know, thank you.

What a mess for me, that a Win7 64-bit, 3.2Ghz Quad Core HP, with 16GB OEM Ram, a 2GB Nv 660 Card, with an OEM 750w P/S, all Hardwired to TW Turbo Cable, isn't boss enough.

I wish there was more information about the specifications as to what this "new routine" is measuring, and / or also, that they included a tick box somewhere to turn it off regardless.

Thanks for your concern & help,

~S~ Skoop,

Hope to catch you around, I've been running a new stripped down version with both bases and no air starts.

Still getting the messaging, especially, when the dive bombers land and taxi, that sequence is a real nomnomnom.

Blue Skies,

S! -Jupp :salute: 

Hi Jupp,

Having an unusual issue with your missions.  When hosting your missions the colours have taken on a blue hue - like a RGB channel is missing.  Clients also have this strange colour issue.  Have other missions that I am able to host okay and can join other servers with no issues.  Has anyone else had this issue?

blueBOS.jpg

Edited by Felix_Culpa

You need to open the mission in the editor, set the clouds again in the atmosphere options, and save. That will set the colors straight.

• Upvote 1

~S~ Everyone,

I've been grounded due to ill health lately, and I apologize for not updating the files I've posted, to v1.101 yet . Feeling well enough today now, to try and catch up.

It is true, and making the rounds, that because of the update you need to open missions made pre-v1.101 and change the Atmosphere / Clouds to remove "the blue".

I understand that everyone does not have the confidence or understanding of what that means in the Mission Editor to be able to fix it for themselves, thus my apology.

I hope that my next bout of Gulf War Illness (Undiagnosed  Multi Symptom Polyneuropathy) doesn't coincide with another major update. It's truly been tough to "log-on".

Moving forward, I believe that I've found that using Groups to layer in different aspects of the missions seems to be a very important way of "efficiently" doing things now.

Also, I am going to finally switch over to using timed or triggered Spawners to bring in the baddies, as opposed to the Activate upon death predication that I have been using.

And I will note, for those trying to cope with the update, it seems that Automated Artificial Intelligent Routines such as Bombing, Landing, and Taxiing, "tax a system" the most.

So, I've been trying out a few of these understandings in between bouts of sickness, and have almost ready a new MP mission, having now, flyable I-16 Rata, and Ai elements also.

Notably, this update has really pinched my hopes of writing missions enmasse because of the nature of having to manage, update, scrap or  fix them, to adhere to the future updates.

This turn of events has really forced me to educate myself further, to adjust to the changes that are always a part of computing. If I had a motto for flight sims, "it's always something".

In closing, I'd like to thank you all for posting your positive responses to my work thus far, it's been a labor of love, and I will continue to learn, teach, and share as I can moving forward.

Blue Skies,

Bo_S_Line_Up.jpg

Hi Jupp,
after updating to
1.101 I can’t open your beautiful mission "Hosts in the snow 20 single” , please see the picture. What's wrong?

Thank you

Best Regards
Capitan Arndt

post-47151-0-60803100-1437066250_thumb.jpg

~S~ Captain Arndtt,

The missions written pre v1.101 need to be redone, as far as Atmosphere options, Clouds.

This means, to open them in the Mission Editor, and reselect, (in the case of snow, it's 04_overcast_00, type Snow, Level 1), and then Save As... replace it, Yes.

This could alternatively be done by opening the mission file using Notepad, and doing these edits.

PrecLevel = 1;
  PrecType = 2;
  CloudConfig = "winter\04_Overcast_00\sky.ini";

Then Close, and Yes to Save overwrites.

And um, I don't recall posting that mission as a Single? It was made for Multiplayer, based off of the Stock Single Mission called, "Ghosts in the Snow".

Not that you couldn't convert mine, but there would seem no point in it since, the one it was based off of is already a single player mission? Hope this helps!

Keep 'em Flying,

Edited by Jupp

Hi Jupp,

Hope this message finds you well!

Re your Velikiye Luki 3 mission campaign.  Tried mission 1 tonight.  The pe2 failed to take-off!

The flare was triggered but no take-off event.

~S~ Everyone,

Well this is nice, I've been pinned! TY for that.

Recently, I've combined the older pre v1.101 missions into just a current one. "Novosokolniki vs Ramenie".

This features a nice sunset time of day, I-16 as selectable and Ai flights, also, moving trains as secondary targets.

Unfortunately I've removed the level bombing He111 and Pe2s, and also, reduced the variety and quantities of Ai.

I've written a disclaimer about the possibility of an error message into the briefing, but overall this mission runs well for an hour.

Now I suppose, I should go edit the older missions, as they are still flyable with the atmosphere being adjusted for, and resaved...

Anyone is welcomed to use this mission, or any parts of it, including just changing the Ai plane models around, .etc, as they wish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eby521ye5cgmk6d/Novosokolniki%20vs%20Ramenie.zip?dl=0

Good Hunting!

S! -Jupp- :salute: 

Bo_S_Novo_vs_Ramenie.jpg

Edited by Jupp

~S~ Everyone,

I've gone ahead an re-uploaded the couple of mission examples that I've done thus far.

I set the snowing missions appropriately, and the others set to be just clear skies.

I did not change or add anything, even leaving the fact that they were written for v1.011.

Sorry for the confusion the recent BoS update, and my lethargic response to it, has caused.

Keep 'em Flying!

Bo_S_Pieces.jpg

Edited by Jupp

Jupp -

I put up 4 mission 4 hour rotation of GBS and pigs on the wing on my server on a random wed nite and it quickly drew  12 to 18 players in to furball it up.  I think You have created the perfect default MP template that should be run on most servers to accommodate off hour random play. 

Hopefully the devs will allow us to turn off the stress warning messages, your not the only one that is getting their parade rained on with this.  I just did the Friday nite bombing mission with the DBS guys and Tx_Tip, and they were having problems with the message spam...so....hopefully this is just a temporary annoyance.

Like I told you before, I hope the quest to conform to the message spam doen't hamstring your mission creating.....create on and we will just turn our huds off if we have to.

Keep on Truck'n

-Skoop

Edited by Skoop

~S~ Skoop,

Got on your Dserver last night at Midnight, my time, for a flight.

Thanks for hosting my sets again, it was a good time online.

Some of these pilot names, though, lol. Anyway, it was "busy".

P/S -Set your Dserver to 65 players to allow for 64.

1 is a "Spectator" a.k.a the Dserver Account.

Truckin',

Bo_S_Skoop_Server.jpg

Shows how popular mission set is, had it up for a few hours that nite and the US flyers piled in.

What's new on the mission building front ? Any new ideas in the works ?

~S~ Skoop,

Well, since my system no longer performs to unknown standards, I'm not writing anything worth sharing atm.

I'll certainly be tracking everything the best as I can, but, having to adjust to new things nixes new production here.

As new planes and maps are being released I'll most likely do some example missions, no guarantee, on busy ness.

Blue Skies,

Bo_S_Sunset.jpg