Bearcat

Mission Editor Request/Suggestions Thread.

Can you get under that collapsed bridge in a P40? 

You mean P-40 inverted natch. 

Will be great to see you back online although I think my  Zombie Rata map under development will up the anti on your Stalingrad obstacle course. ;)

Add all kind of vehicles, tanks and artillery as static objects (in >>Blocks<< section). There are only 4 trucks available in ME in >>Blocks<<. Static objects don't increase TickDelay in DServer so you may put them as many as you need. It's important for maps with large number of ground units.

• Upvote 1

~S~ Everyone,

MCU : Command Bailout

Useful for many different reasons, this would be a great addition to our tool kit, as presented in this "artistic rendering" mmmhere.

Bo_S_MCU_Bailout.jpg

Keep 'em Flying,

!S -Jupp - :salute: 

Edited by Jupp

I would like a "Set parent working group" added in addition to "Reset working group". What it would do is make the parent group of the current working group, the working group. In other words, go up one level in the hierarchy of groups.

• Upvote 2

Change to Move and Rotate Behavior for Multiple Selected Objects

Current Behavior:

• If you select multiple icons and then move them by changing the advanced properties X and Z, all the icons take on the new X and Z properties of the selected icon that was created first. For example, if you add 10 to X and Z, all the icons are moved on top of one another at the new position of the icon that was created first.
  • If you select multiple icons and then rotate them by changing the advanced property AY, all the icons take on the new AY property of the selected icon that was created first. For example, if you add 10 to AY, all the icons are rotated to the new direction of the icon that was created first.

Requested Behavior: Move or rotate all the icons by the same amount so that the icons retain their relative position and orientation to each other.

Edit: Changed "topmost, leftmost icon" to "icon that was created first".

Edited by JimTM

S!

Request:

Mission report "subtitle" MCU.

When triggered writes a string (given in the MCU object) to log file from the mission. Most advanced systems built around this game utilize parsing of mission reports. Gives the mission builder the ability to effectively communicate with the external commanding software.

Currently, we have to destroy named fake blocks to get custom signals into the log file (kludge).

Better yet:

RCON "subtitle" MCU.

Same as above, but writes the "subtitle" directly to the RCON stream. Gives mission builders using external command software the ability to communicate with the mission in real time in both directions.

Currently, utilizing log file parsing, we have 30+ seconds delay (server writes logs every 30s) in receiving information from the mission.

• Upvote 2

Add the ability to double-click a group to "set group as working". This is so intuitive that I do it every time, even though it does nothing! D'oh!

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

Enhance vehicles IA so they avoid damaged or destroyed vehicles on the road, or make damaged or destroyed vehicles "transparent" so the working vehicles do no crash into them.

• Upvote 1

Request: Add possibility to spawn static objects (like static tank), so, when a trigger will be activated, we could make appear very very large battle.

• Upvote 1

Request: Add possibility to spawn static objects (like static tank), so, when a trigger will be activated, we could make appear very very large battle.

This would be nice.

Devs - proper click and drag/right click parenting and grouping in the mission tree please.

Give me the ability to turn off the visibility of a group or object with a ticker (open eye, closed eye symbol maybe) and the ability

to click the layer/group itself on and off so that with a click it either exists or doesn't exist in the mission (green check-mark, or red X) accordingly.

So one functionality controls visibility, the other one controls whether it's active in the mission or not.

In short, I want to be able to layer/group things just like I do in my 3D program, and it's pretty simple how that works - not talking anything fancy here.

Undo function.

I want to be able to delete both in-going and out-going commands from a node.

I can wrap head around the node logic in time, what's going to give me fits for a much longer time is GUI functionality.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

I would also like to be able to have 'object groups' where I can quickly view say AI vehicles, or AI static aircraft if I've chosen to group those objects that way.

This way I can quickly view them and find what I'm looking for. This would be a separate, unrelated way to view/select objects from the normal 'group'

functionality which is somewhat governed by what object interactions/commands are present.

The current 'problem' so to speak is that I can't have an "AI vehicles, Base 1" group, since an AI truck might be linked to a flair command, which is also

linked to the player flight.

Thus an object such as an AI truck could be both in a 'command group' and a separate 'object group' at the same time.

If the player views an object through the 'object group' drop down and attempts to say remove the object that is also linked to a command,

a 'warning, object XYZ part of command group such and such'

Is there any way to access the default multiplayer missions in the editor so we can see how a basic MP Dogfight map is set up?

Salutations,

Please... the Editor needs a UNDO command!

• Upvote 1

Please - PLEASE fix the horrible hard-coded AI landing routine.

If I place the last waypoint at an appropriate distance from the airfield, upon getting the "command land" MCU, the flight should space itself appropriately and

land in order. The current "huge circle, leader lands, another huge circle, number 2 lands, another huge circle, number 3 lands...etc" is killing me. Or have the flight do a circuit - then land one after the other.

It's causing the flights to take WAY too much time land, if the player is number 4 in a flight he'll circle the airfield in his Ju52 for 20 minutes.

It's an immersion killer.

Please fix.

Also please fix the "dive to the next waypoint" behavior - that's another immersion killer.

Edited by Gambit21

I would very much like some tree objects.

A few options with differing numbers of trees.

I think every mission builder would find these useful.

This will also allow us to simulate 'off field' landings for special missions on the Moscow map. I imagine these blocks can be created and implemented in an afternoon.

Maybe a small, medium and large group.

It would be nice if new objects in general were added with some regularity.

About tree, it would be cool, if we can delete some tree. I would like to delete all the tree in town, because having a town which turn in forest at low altitude is awfull for navigation.

Adding Mission Type: "Tutorial"

I am currently working on creating a set of tutorial missions for beginners (for players new to Il-2 and new to flight sims in general). However, It is not possible to reach all customers with these tutorial missions, as the player must have bought the planes/expansions the tutorial features, before he can fly the tutorial. To circumvent this uncomfortable situation where players are excluded from learning how to play this game I had the idea that a new mission type with an according section in the game could be introduced. A "tutorial mission" would allow any player, no matter what plane he/she owns to fly this tutorial mission. Tutorial missions could be made to be freely addable by players themselves  and/or specially selected (usermade) tutorial missions could be added to the game after being reviewed by the developers and testers. (this would be to prevent any misuse of the feature.)

How it works:

"Tutorial Missions" would work through a "Tutorial" section in the main game screen (next to "Quick Mission", "Campaign" "Scripted Campaign" ect.). In a Tutorial mission all planes and all maps are available to every user, even if the user does not have a specified plane or map in his account.

Apart from planes and maps available, a "tutorial mission" would be equal to a single mission on all other terms.

Why it is useful: 

With the future expansion of the Il-2 series many players will have different planes in their account. If there is a set of tutorial missions with the goal for example: "learning to fly" and it features a plane the player does not have in his account, he will not be able to play the tutorial mission. This becomes a bigger and bigger problem the more this series advances. A "tutorial" mission with an according section ingame would allow a player to fly a plane he does not have in his account ONLY for the purpose of learning something in a "Tutorial Mission". Additionally, if the player likes the experience, he might buy the featured planes or expansions.

Tutorials are often asked for by new players and they could help new people with getting a grip into the game. Many new players are overwhelmed by the complexity of this sim and need some guidance. With usermade tutorials a lot of knowledge could be spread while not demanding development time from the Il-2 development team. Additionally, I am sure quite a lot of people would like to and have the skills to create tutorials for this sim.

• Upvote 2

AI formation/take off logic needs to be more efficient. Too much delay - which is especially problematic if the player is number 4, waiting for his AI flight leader.

• Upvote 1

How about increased automation. 

Triggers are fine for fine tuning, but I just want to make simple training missions. 

Like 2 vs 1, 2 vs 2.

I am getting tired og using 3+ triggers every time I need to create an object.

A "Block" or "Building" - tent or tents. It would be nice to populate airfields with temporary habitation. Hospital tents would be nice too!

• Upvote 2

Can you PLEASE make aircraft taxi, land, take off behavior more forgiving of the presence of vehicles on the airfield?

At present this behavior is unpredictable and often I have to move or even delete vehicles that I'd much rather keep for atmosphere/ambiance purposes.

Sometimes they have no effect, sometimes they cause a delay, sometimes they keep the aircraft from taxiing at all.

• Upvote 1

Random Weather Conditions.

I don't mean a dynamically changing weather. Just a random setting, at least for the main categories in the Atmosphere Options section. If the random picks also get reported automatically on the briefing section, so much for the better :)

Edited by II./JG1_Kadin

Can you PLEASE make aircraft taxi, land, take off behavior more forgiving of the presence of vehicles on the airfield?

This! AI will refuse to take off if there is anything at all on any part of the runway, it seems.

I'm getting issue on winter Stalingrad map where no runways exist anywhere on the map. Other seasons are ok. Anyone getting the same?

I'm getting this now for autumn Moscow map. Did you get your issue fixed somehow?

I'm getting this now for autumn Moscow map. Did you get your issue fixed somehow?

No,

Its on the autumn Moscow map for me as well. Winter is working fine...

1. My kingdom for an UNDO command.

2. The capability to assign a 'percentage chance' for a event to occur. This would make missions different each time they are flown.

Edited by Thad

1. My kingdom for an UNDO command.

2. The capability to assign a 'percentage chance' for a event to occur. This would make missions different each time they are flown.

#1 I will raise you a horse and four cattle plus a kingdom.

#2 you can already do, there are one or two examples listed on forum in mission sharing corner somewhere. Basically you have to build a small selector that chooses from several choices.

In the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual, see the "Random" property in "Timer Trigger" (pg. 283) and "Randomly Choose an Event to Trigger" on pg. 103.

Edited by JimTM

Can any of the QMB maps be altered/improved to include more stuff, or are they stuck as it?

Property Dialog box - not accessible

This essential dialog box is, for some of us, off screen when starting up the Mission Editor

For some of those affected, the reset editor settings file trick does nothing to fix the problem

Personally it is necessary to rotated my screen to 90 degrees and back to normal to access this essential dialog box every time I want to use the Mission Editor...it is really off putting to put it mildly

Shame really as in my eyes the key to unlock the huge potential this gem of IL2 BOX is through the Editor

Thanks

Yes, the property box needs some love.

Also the copy paste crashes are just too frequent.

Maybe an autosave feature or an Undo button too?

• Upvote 1

An improvement that would allow you to lock objects so they can't be accidently moved would be amazing.  Also arrow key integration into the inventory list as well as hotkey to "set as working".  Having to reload my map because something shifted and I didn't notice until later is so infuriating.  

• Upvote 2

The multimedia audio does not stop once the track is done, you have to stop it manually.

Not only this is a lot of unnecesary work, but also prevents time speed-up from working even after the track is over.

Would it be possible to auto stop the multimedia play once the track is played?

Thanks!

Here is a small one, but would be amazing. In "Event Properties" in the event table for an object, when we "select target"  have that object/MCU list auto sort from newest to oldest by default... not oldest to newest.  In other words sort from higher numbers to lower.

Edited by FFS_Vapor