BlackSix

Game version 1.011 discussion

What is terminal overload?'Increased for Yak and 190'

I think it's when your flaps and wing start falling off. Edited by roaming_gnome

I think it's when your flaps and wing start falling off.

Any they increased it for the Yak-1? I didn't think there was an issue with the Yak.

Cheers for the reply 

I'm not really a religious man, but I do believe in Zeus. 

You just can't help but worship Him, when you behold the magnificence of His Creation. :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

• Upvote 1

I don't beleive it!

You've fixed the G2 throttle!

Yeh it seems like the G2 throttle has been changed. ANyone else noticed this?

Yeh it seems like the G2 throttle has been changed. ANyone else noticed this?

Yup, now it's seemingly directly proportional. 

Edited by 19te.Leaf

Another update today...any details?

Some really small hotfix that wasn't worth an announcement.

If this is true I will redownload the game tonight.

:mellow:

Better hit that download button then!

• Upvote 1

I'm not really a religious man, but I do believe in Zeus. 

You just can't help but worship Him, when you behold the magnificence of His Creation. :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

I think the same. and I am a religious man.

Had a blast flying VL map for the first time tonight in MP on DED expert GPS off. Trying to navigate, but its kind of total new experience compared to Stalingrad.

Is there a large scale printable map available, because without this its gonna be really difficult to plan roads for bombers ?

This might be a good time and place to advertize a wonder-tool for all Il-2 navigators: http://il2map.info/

I don't know how printable that is but just the heading / time calculations alone will get you to your target very reliably indeed even if you just use the on-screen map. It's not possible to recommend NobbyNobb's tool enough, here's the original thread: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13908-map-stalingrad-web-browser/

• Upvote 1

This might be a good time and place to advertize a wonder-tool for all Il-2 navigators: http://il2map.info/

I don't know how printable that is but just the heading / time calculations alone will get you to your target very reliably indeed even if you just use the on-screen map. It's not possible to recommend NobbyNobb's tool enough, here's the original thread: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13908-map-stalingrad-web-browser/

That's awesome, didn't know about that one.

:thank_you:  :thank_you:  :thank_you:

Thx for the heads up on this tool Andy.

I like to navigate with paper and ruler though. I will try printing next week

After this update, not the hotfix, the clouds do not look nearly as good as they did before. Not much definition, rather bland, no depth etc. The ground is not drawn so far out now as it was before as well, looks blurry right off the nose, so to speak. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? And the Yak1, wow!! good luck shooting down the Eastern Fronts representation of the  Zero.

Yup, now it's seemingly directly proportional.

Not my experience at all. 90 percent of my throttle response is still in the last inch of throw for me.

-snip-

The ground is not drawn so far out now as it was before as well, looks blurry right off the nose, so to speak. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? -snip-

I was thinking maybe it was just me also, but I did think that the distance "blur" got a little bit worse with this update.

After this update, not the hotfix, the clouds do not look nearly as good as they did before. Not much definition, rather bland, no depth etc. The ground is not drawn so far out now as it was before as well, looks blurry right off the nose, so to speak. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? And the Yak1, wow!! good luck shooting down the Eastern Fronts representation of the  Zero.

Same here, game looks worse now. Everything turned up in game on my GTX 780 to avail. Even looks like the game is locked in someway changes in the nvidia control panel does less than nothing.

Yak1 = A patriotic thing tovarich

Did they change/remove some of the techno-chat icons?

Also have they removed the sound when people send messages in game? I'm sure I haven't heard that annoying sound recently...or my brain is filtering it out.

The ground is not drawn so far out now as it was before as well, looks blurry right off the nose, so to speak. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Have you made custom changes to your terrain settings because the update will reset them to defaults if you have.

Yeh I'm seeing the terrain not looking as good as before, I changed my gamma to 0.6 and have sweetFX running but the contrast on the snow doesn't look the same (more featureless again) also the ground does seem blury closer again. I looked at my modded config and terrain files and they don't appear to have been reset to the defaults though.

Have you made custom changes to your terrain settings because the update will reset them to defaults if you have.

No Custard, never changed a thing, stock sim for me always. Previous patch made it look great, now, back to square one. And like roaming_gnome said, cockpit is not as sharp as before

Yeah - just went in for my usual post-patch test flight, and sure enough the bubble of blur effect on the landscape is still there, as strong or stronger than ever (seems a little closer this time, regardless of stock or modified terrain.ini settings, but maybe not).  Didn't bother to check out the clouds or cockpits, as it looks like BoS is going back on the shelf again until the next patch.  

Hope springs eternal.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

My asthmatic FW pilot breathes heavily though the mission - even after crashing and dieing on the battle field. Not sure if it does this in other planes but it is weird to be going straight and true to only hear the deep breathing of Chester the Molester.

No Custard, never changed a thing, stock sim for me always. Previous patch made it look great, now, back to square one. And like roaming_gnome said, cockpit is not as sharp as before

It seems things may have gotten optimized for 1920x1080 screens, so unfortunately my 2560 screen does not see that much additional benefit. It feels like there is a glass window in front of the computer screen that is a little imperfect (blurred) and it throws those imperfections on the instruments and world in front of me. Wierd feeling.

It seems things may have gotten optimized for 1920x1080 screens, so unfortunately my 2560 screen does not see that much additional benefit. It feels like there is a glass window in front of the computer screen that is a little imperfect (blurred) and it throws those imperfections on the instruments and world in front of me. Wierd feeling.

Interesting because I also have a high res monitor 2560x1600. I wonder about Orion?

Had a blast flying VL map for the first time tonight in MP on DED expert GPS off. Trying to navigate, but its kind of total new experience compared to Stalingrad.

Is there a large scale printable map available, because without this its gonna be really difficult to plan roads for bombers ?

Here fullsize jpg of Velikie Luki map (19.5Mb).

I am playing at 1920x1080 on ultra settings and agree the bubble of blur seems to have gotten a little closer and blurrier than before update.

Edited by Porkman

Interesting because I also have a high res monitor 2560x1600. I wonder about Orion?

looking at the front panel in the La5 the shadows at the top of the panel have had the color palette reduced in the same way you would reduce screen colors from 32bit to 16bit or 8bit. I don't know why but I notice this now. It's the same effect that is used when you as the pilot are injured and starting to lose consciousness (makes it harder to fly too). It's just there constantly now and noticeable more.

Not my experience at all. 90 percent of my throttle response is still in the last inch of throw for me.

Same here. All other aircraft are fine but the G2 goes from .06 ata to 1.3 with less than a third of my throttle throw.