BlackSix

Game version 1.011 discussion

The JU-52 "dogfighting " issue is more a limitation in the QMB than the JU-52 FM itself.

I have made a custom mission with 3 JU-52 with waypoint priority set ti High, which means that they will stick to their flightpath.

I don´t think the priorities for waypoints are set according to aircraft type (Fighter, fighterbomber, bomber or transport), they probabl all get the same priorities and thus act as fighters.

FinnJ

• Upvote 1

Am i the only one who keeps shooting those 52s while they fly and fly with ever more holes everywhere but are not anywhere near crashing?

I think you've just been unlucky a couple of times. So far my experience has been the exact opposite: The Ju 52 is very easy to down (killed 3 in a row on my first attempt and used less than half the ammo in the Yak) It catches fire very easily (which would be realistic enough, as the large wings are filled with unprotected fuel tanks) and both wheels and control surfaces are very easy to blow off.

that's just it they have no where to go that's why they fly like this

I know.And thats why I would like devs to add for bombers/transport some general/random waypoint to fly to in QMB.Should not be that hard  ;)

• Upvote 2

I think you've just been unlucky a couple of times. So far my experience has been the exact opposite: The Ju 52 is very easy to down (killed 3 in a row on my first attempt and used less than half the ammo in the Yak) It catches fire very easily (which would be realistic enough, as the large wings are filled with unprotected fuel tanks) and both wheels and control surfaces are very easy to blow off.

I tested the JU 52 8 times in QMB . Only two times they fought fire and two times they stalled upwards and spiraled to the ground. Being careful not to hit vital parts a emptied my LA 5 on one of them with 20 mm shells and it looked like this

2015_4_22__20_43_12_zpsscttjv11.png

You guys should try shooting down those ju52 with the 37mm of the stuka with HE rounds. It was awesome seeing the destruction hahaha  :lol:

• Upvote 1

The JU-52 "dogfighting " issue is more a limitation in the QMB than the JU-52 FM itself.

I have made a custom mission with 3 JU-52 with waypoint priority set ti High, which means that they will stick to their flightpath.

I don´t think the priorities for waypoints are set according to aircraft type (Fighter, fighterbomber, bomber or transport), they probabl all get the same priorities and thus act as fighters.

FinnJ

I see and it sort of makes sense that without an actaul "objective" the AI would end up behaving this way. I guess I will have learn how to make a custom mission that sends these guys out to some way-points (I have even thought of looking at the "mission builder" yet so this might be a challenge just to get some big targets flying around for practice, I will soon find out though).

I know.And thats why I would like devs to add for bombers/transport some general/random waypoint to fly to in QMB.Should not be that hard  ;)

+1 but I really don't know if this would be difficult or not for them to do. Maybe they could just supply us with a "target practice" mission instead of doing it through the QMB.

I tested the JU 52 8 times in QMB . Only two times they fought fire and two times they stalled upwards and spiraled to the ground. Being careful not to hit vital parts a emptied my LA 5 on one of them with 20 mm shells and it looked like this

2015_4_22__20_43_12_zpsscttjv11.png

I ran into the same issue with my Russian planes vs the new 52s but then again I am currently a really poor A2A shot in this game. However I do now have the ablity to eliminate ground targets in very short well aimed bursts as log as I don't rush the setting up the attack run thanks to a few hours of practice. Which is the exact reason why I need to get these new JU 52s to fly straight and true for a bit, I need to learn how to set up an attack run (and thus where to aim to do the max amount of damage) on air targets (and ones that can't take me down as fast as the multi machine gun armed He 111 and Pe 2s that we have only had up to this point).

Although I have to admit that it was much easier (for me) to take out the 52s with the FW-190 and the BF-109s with gun pods then it has been for me to take them down with my Russian planes (all the JU 52s I faced as a Russian fighter looked as exactly like the one in your picture and apparently were not much worse off because of it).

New map: excellent!
DM tweaks regarding damaged airframes: excellent!
Ju 52: excellent!
Bux fixes: great!

Yak 1's FM..... not so much. How much more evidence needs to be provided for there at least to be a response from the devs?

New map: excellent!

DM tweaks regarding damaged airframes: excellent!

Ju 52: excellent!

Bux fixes: great!

Yak 1's FM..... not so much. How much more evidence needs to be provided for there at least to be a response from the devs?

[Edited]

Edited by Bearcat
These kinds of posts are counter productive
  • Upvote 3

I see and it sort of makes sense that without an actaul "objective" the AI would end up behaving this way. I guess I will have learn how to make a custom mission that sends these guys out to some way-points (I have even thought of looking at the "mission builder" yet so this might be a challenge just to get some big targets flying around for practice, I will soon find out though).

It's not hard, so come on over to the mission builders' forum! The water's lovely! But it is a bit weird and takes some getting used to. Basically, you put all the objects in (like in IL2's FMB), but you've also got to create these sort of mini flow charts which actually say what each object does. It's really powerful and flexible, and - once you're used to it - easy. Also, you can steal- I mean, use - these "flowcharts" from other people's missions, which makes making your own actually p*ss-easy. 

Take an hour, watch Bob Vanderstock's first three or four video tutorials, and you're good to go!  :cool:

Already DED-Rapidus has put up a cheap and dirty Ju52 mission . I haven't tried it but it should be fun.

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

4. Route markers and other icons can now be shown or hidden from the map dynamically during a mission (TRG_Activate/Deactivate are influencing TRA_Icon now);

Oh, thank you thank you thank you!  

You guys should try shooting down those ju52 with the 37mm of the stuka with HE rounds. It was awesome seeing the destruction hahaha  :lol:

And how a flying ace try to shooting down those ju52? With bombs. of course. You need to see this awesome destruction. And all who need some practice rockets are a good choose, too.  :dance:

It's not hard, so come on over to the mission builders' forum! The water's lovely! But it is a bit weird and takes some getting used to. Basically, you put all the objects in (like in IL2's FMB), but you've also got to create these sort of mini flow charts which actually say what each object does. It's really powerful and flexible, and - once you're used to it - easy. Also, you can steal- I mean, use - these "flowcharts" from other people's missions, which makes making your own actually p*ss-easy. 

Take an hour, watch Bob Vanderstock's first three or four video tutorials, and you're good to go!  :cool:

Already DED-Rapidus has put up a cheap and dirty Ju52 mission . I haven't tried it but it should be fun.

SP mission with more JU-52's than you can shake a stick at, here

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15979-please-quick-not-so-dirty-ju-52-mission/?p=254652

Credits to DED-Olaff,

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Good to know guys and thanks for the download links.

I hope to one day try out the Mission Builder for myself, but unfortunately my life outside of simming is a bit too busy at the moment. I am lucky to get to find the time to spend just learning on expert as it is right now. Hopefully soon work will calm down a bit and I will be able to become confident enough on expert to try out some (busy) MP servers.

And no word on corrected airplane performances?

YAK-1 still the heightfighter that broke the game for me?

no change.. and now better keeps energy (full flaps, without full flaps doesn't matter) .. ridiculous acrobatic airplane.. that's news ;)

no change.. and now better keeps energy (full flaps, without full flaps doesn't matter) .. ridiculous acrobatic airplane.. that's news ;)

WOЯKIИG AS IИTEИDED COMЯAD

Edited by 19te.Leaf

Took a tour in new Velikie Luki map. Very impressive work zeus!

+1

Had an  awesome time on MP last night.... got 5 kills but also got my a*s handed to me just as many times over..... 48/48 on the server and some furious action. Imagine how many people will be on the servers when the new summer/fall maps are released!

WOЯKIИG AS IИTEИDED COMЯAD

:good: for you. 

... but amazing game devs...thanks for update. S!

Edited by MK_RED13

Am i the only one who keeps shooting those 52s while they fly and fly with ever more holes everywhere but are not anywhere near crashing? :(

Anyway, great update!

My first round on qmb I was against 8 and shot 6 down all first ppass. I then went on campaign there was only one, it took all my ammo, lots of hits and landed in a field still alive!!!?????????

Damn Zeus, that looks awesome! (the La-5 skin as well)

I gotta say that apart from the water (am I right in assuming the water effects are still not fully developed?) it looks very, very real. Great job!

But: The new textures are calling attention to just how blurry the outline of the clouds are. Which is fine for the types of clouds that actually have those blurry edges, but in BoS that's all of them. Some of the cumulus-clouds could really do with a brush-up to make them look more 'solid'.

That's a beautiful picture.

Thanks Zeus.

I love the Velikie Luki map, all the trees are wonderful. Can the runways on that map be made a bit more visible?

Thanks for the work on all the maps, they look vibrant.

:)