ATAG_RibbsATAG_Ribbs

What are your immersion ideas?

Hi mates!

I would like to see a gore mode with an "on/off" option available. With "gore mode on" you would see a "red splash" in the cockpit glass when you hit someone with a 20 mm shell directly in the cockpit for example. For wounds, some blood in the perfurated cockpit would be nice too. I suggest this for a more dramatic atmosphere, with more impact, no need to be too graphical, it would be just to illustrate a little the impact on the pilot if he take a direct hit from such a destructive power.

The fire in most sims are way too translucent in my opinion, a big amount of fire from an aircraft explosion for example just gives a convincing effect just when you have black smoke around it, covering that translucence. I think the translucence could be just around the fire, on your edges. That goes for the bullet impacts in the fuselage too, where in CloD you see a translucid "orange spark" of fire, and looking in the old WWII footages, the visual effect caused by a bullet impact looks a white to yellow rounded explosion (no translucid) effect, that lasts less than half a second, just like a very bright rounded flash.

Here's an example for the almost non translucence of the fire and the "flash effect"  of the tracer bullets when they hit their target:

Edited by DanPerin

Maybe you could have the option to have various additional paint jobs and nose art to your aircraft, whether it be your own squadron's colours and emblem, to something like cartoons or ladies painted on the side of the fuselage, to different coloured spinners on the nose.  :) 

http://luftwaffeinprofile.se/Werner%20Machold.jpg

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/La5web.jpg/206px-La5web.jpg

I'd like to see usable (for vehicles) roads that can go in any direction. In IL2 the roads had to follow strictly 45 degree direction changes that resulted in zig zaggy highways if the road didn't point directly north etc. Another thing is the forrested areas. As much as I loved '46 with all of it's add-ons, flying low alitude over forrested areas looked a little strange and 2 dimensional. I assume graphically, it's all come a long way since when IL2 was first created.

And like another guy said earlier on this thread that good volumetric smoke plumes go a long way in adding realism to it. Plumes you can see from a real distance accross the map, rather than suddenly loading as you approach.

For me immersion is more realistic looking terrain/features to interract with.

Oh, and I'd love to see the 109 G2 in it aswell. I think they were starting to be used extensively by then on the Russian front. That and it's my favorite of that time ;)

Keep up the good work fellas, I for one love these games (and detest the arcady ones...)

I know its being discussed in another thread but Oculus rift Support is about as "being there" as you can get.  I know the DEV kit may not be perfect but its already better than all the other VR attempts out there.  Once the Consumer version comes out next year (hopefull right about when the Pacific theatre is out  :P)  we'll have the Ultimate immersion tool that has ever existed in gaming.  

I am a fan of a player model in the cockpit as long as it is toggle able.  Although i know its already been confirmed as not in, Id still love clickable cockpits (especially if the Oculus gets supported)  Having an actual hand come out and flipping the switch would be pretty epic.  imagine your hands in game!  

a good feeling of "being there"  Also is things that move around in the cockpit.  Like your oxygen hose, a map, or somethign like that.  Basically things that make the cockpit feel more connected to reality physics wise. and not a sterile box that has no "Life"  

I am looking for some real immersion in bomber flights. Where is the crew? As pilot I should fly the plane. My AI navigator should give me directions to target, or get me a fix when I go off course. The gunner should report on what he sees. The bomb Aimer should guide me through the bomb run. I should have some feeling of being part of a team, not a one man show with a cargo of mannequins.

• Upvote 4

THIS skip to the end though

I know there isnt any water in this theatre, but the pacific awaits!!!

• Upvote 1

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124532-Oculus-Rift-Co-Founder-Dies-In-Police-Chase-Incident#0ifXEf47Z9ukgAQJ.99

Rest in peace. "Words can not express how sorely he will be missed or how deeply our sympathy runs for his family".

AA_Engadin

Edited by AA_Engadin