FlatSpinMan

It's October!!!

Oh man.

? Because I cannot think of another way to answer that.

Edited by Rigsby

I have to agree with you because I also find this very frustrating. I have no reason to boot up my Pc most nights other then to see if this has been released or at-least a date set for it's release. I know it's no big deal having to boot up the PC most night, but at the same time it's no big deal just to announce some type of date which they must have by now. I have taken onboard that someone mentioned the end of October or beginning of November, but I don't see this written anywhere in the dev diary. I just think when we have paid for this Autumn beta that we should have heard something more concrete by now.

Zak

Zak
  • photo-thumb-7693.png?_r=1370513665
  • Community manager
  • dev_en.png

Posted Today, 09:03

II./JG1_Pragr, on 16 Oct 2013 - 10:07, said:snapback.png

I still have a strange feeling, the open date of premium access will be 19th November :)

Nope, earlier!

And yes, we'll announce the start of early access + some other news later this week in the dev blog update.

Something that might hold everyone over.  Team Fusion is only a few days away (planned) to releasing their 4.0 mod patch for Cliffs of Dover.  Those guys are awesome and have brought CLOD back from the brink of destruction.

There are some great goodies coming in 4.0.

Edited by rlee

Something that might hold everyone over.  Team Fusion is only a few days away (planned) to releasing their 4.0 mod patch for Cliffs of Dover.  Those guys are awesome and have brought CLOD back from the brink of destruction.

Yeah, they're fixing the FPS issues.

Couldn't agree more...

Oh man.

Edited by Rigsby

good news, Im interested. actually running TF 3,01. I still love and appreciate CLoD, even with all its flaws

CLOD is still broken with bad FPS etc?   That's not a good sign at all. How old is that again? "Team Fusion" are Oleg's boys,777,  or an outside dev house? 

Edited by Stlkrash

Team Fusion is bunch of people from flight sim community who are fixing the problems of CloD. Official support for it was dropped 2012, I think? And no, CloD is not broken anymore in the sense it was when it was published, it's quite decent these days. I quess it has it's problems and there are features that I am not that fond of, but it's still enjoyable and functions reasonable well.

Oh cool, I didn't know. Odd outside dev houses has to fix sims these days. Most all of them have this happen. And no I don't need pages of "explanations " thanks. It just strikes me odd that most don't "Buy out" mod content.  Or better yet, admit they are only doing the game engine and allow the community to put in content and vote on what is best. That would be a wild marketing ploy for a future one. Community voted in all the shit, made by the community. Man that's a hit. 

And last I heard IL2 series has a locked engine, how are they modding it? Or just doing eye candy?   I would personally like to see 777 come into the new generation, and go massive multiplayer. Imagine all these squadrons and clans with their own aerodromes and fighting it out over resources they need to stay flying....  And this is all server side, not game side stuff here.

Edited by Stlkrash

And last I heard IL2 series has a locked engine, how are they modding it? Or just doing eye candy?

Short version:

Old CLoD had it's fair share of development trouble, end the developers were forced to released prematurely. In the end, they did not have the financial backbone to put it into proper shape, and were forced to let it go. The game had already been hacked at that stage, and the hack opening allowed the fans to spend the man-hours needed (the man-hours the developers did not have) to start debugging the engine and fix some broken features. They are now at version 4

This board is about BoS though, and from what I have seen so far it seems the developers have learned from CLoD. I am really looking forward to seeing this sim get into shape!

CLOD broken? Gimme a break...with TF 4.0 patch it will be unofficially and officially the best prop sim on the market  by all means (graphics, details, effects, FM, CEM, MP capabilities, DM, sounds, immersion). The only thing it lacks a bit are planes but BOB is limited theatre. Perfomance wise its already much better than before as with GTX660Ti with 2GB I can play in crowded MP on 1920x1200 no probs as long as im not using high AA settings etc...

read TF 4.0 patch info and everything will be clear...

but dont get me wrong...I will enjoy BOS too....

good times ahead

Edited by Tvrdi

you better believe it  :crazy:  :rofl:

as one old song says:

"Take control...of your mind, you body and your soul!"

I believed in some fixes in some past games and invested money there to support em but nothing happened...with CLOD its happening and is for free......

;)  :salute:

Edited by Tvrdi

Amazing, modders using their free time to mod a game for free and developers actually having to place resources appropriately to get funds to continue getting paid so they can simply live day to day.

CLOD broken? Gimme a break...with TF 4.0 patch it will be unofficially and officially the best prop sim on the market  by all means (graphics, details, effects, FM, CEM, MP capabilities, DM, sounds, immersion).

That was a good one! Really funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is the best looking flight sim. But that's all.

Best FM: DCS-P51D

Best overall prop sim for me is ROF!!! And BOS will be better. I'm sure. ;)

• Upvote 1

Amazing, modders using their free time to mod a game for free and developers actually having to place resources appropriately to get funds to continue getting paid so they can simply live day to day.

Yes but....As much Im grateful that TF is doing all this in their free time and for free (they could go fishing or whataver) you must know that 777 employees are doing this for living....they have families too.....

That was a good one! Really funny.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It is the best looking flight sim. But that's all.

Best FM: DCS-P51D

Best overall prop sim for me is ROF!!! And BOS will be better. I'm sure.  ;)

FM of DCS is nice and overall better than CLODs (although there are some oddities) but its one plane sim for now (P51)....no proper MP....netcode is buggy, it gets laggy and fps drops often...
ROF has serious FM issues...relative performances between planes is very wrong....Camel is racing albies...some planes stall like hellis...MP has limitations etc...DM is laughable as latest improvements in rate of fire of MGs werent followed by changes in the DM structure so now you have MD of "RC planes" (planes are being wingripped in every rapid fire, much less other structural damages or flames or pilot killed). ...Gavagai did a fantastic improvement in his mods for ROF (including DM mod) but as you know its not applyable for MP....as MP is not using MODS ON mode...
.....dont get me too "excited" here heh

now back on topic...tommorow will be some info on preorder game access Im sure....
Edited by Tvrdi

I'm sure it escapes you, but for some their hobbies aren't fishing but are in fact modding games - or making games playable that previously were a clusterturd of a f*ck because they'd rather that than go fishing or golf.

But any missed chance to dig at 777 for you would be like missing out collecting winnings from a lottery.

I'm sure it escapes you, but for some their hobbies aren't fishing but are in fact modding games - or making games playable that previously were a clusterturd of a f*ck because they'd rather that than go fishing or golf.

You misunderstood me. What I was trying to say..they could go fishing (or do whataver) and instead they used their free time to deliver improvememnts to all of CLOD fans....so, In fact I was praising them lol

But any missed chance to dig at 777 for you would be like missing out collecting winnings from a lottery.

No digging. Just facts. No hard feelings. At least not anymore LOL

BTW calm down, you seem upset for no reason...

now, again...on topic...tommorow will be some info....

Edited by Tvrdi

I predict we do in fact get some sort of news, but I bet we don't like it.... Track records are track records..

CLOD broken? Gimme a break...with TF 4.0 patch it will be unofficially and officially the best prop sim on the market  by all means (graphics, details, effects, FM, CEM, MP capabilities, DM, sounds, immersion). 

When you say MP capabilities are you saying it doesn't have many people playing it? The last time I looked the MP was totally dead and that's where I normally like to hang out. Also, the last time I looked at this mod the install looked a right mess around.

When you say MP capabilities are you saying it doesn't have many people playing it? The last time I looked the MP was totally dead and that's where I normally like to hang out. Also, the last time I looked at this mod the install looked a right mess around.

Oh dunno, Im GMT+1 and there are 40-70 ppl online on "that" server almost every time i join in evenings...ofcourse that varies....Im sure it will be more after this patch....

Patching itself is easy....

Patch installation is very simple. 

1. Verify integrity

2. Clear cache

3. Save INI **Your control and graphics config** eg - confuser.ini / conf.ini files somewhere

4. Install patch

5. ***Very Important*** Start up IL2COD until you get into the loading screen. This creates a new folder under Documents/1cSoftClub called IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Mod. The Mod folder is where you place your saved config files. 

6. Copy ini files over again to main folder

About Steps 1 and 2

1. In the Steam GUI, go to the Library, then the game. Right-click > Properties > Local Files Tab > "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It checks your game for corruptions and missing files, and will replace them as necessary.

2. In your Documents, go to the "1C Softclub" folder, then the "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder. Within is a folder labeled "cache". Delete the contents, specifically of a folder labelled "shaders". You can dump the whole folder and it will be rebuilt after verification and game start (in my experience).

If you are worried that deleting an entire folder is bad news, just change the name on the "cache" folder to something else, and verify and restart the game. You'll see it is rebuilt, and if not, you still have the original folder.

Open the patch executable file (run as administrator) and point the mod to your IL2 Cliffs of Dover Folder generally located inside Program files (x86). Click OK and a status bar will show installation progress. Once complete you can close the installer.

The installer creates a separate folder under Documents/1cSoft named IL2 Cliffs of Dover - MOD. Please note you must move copy your controls and graphics configs (generally confuser.ini and conf.ini) from the Documents/1CSoft IL2 Cliffs of Dover folder to the MOD one as they do not have your saved configs. 

Wer continuing offtopic so lets get back to topic...

tommorow is news regarding BOS preorders early access...

Edited by Tvrdi

Thank you for saying that.

I keep hearing about this, but don't know anything about it.  Did they fix the campaigns, or do you basically fly online or in missions you create?

I predict we do in fact get some sort of news, but I bet we don't like it.... Track records are track records..

?? I think you are confused  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1