FlatSpinMan

It's October!!!

Stop that rubbish, Stlktrash. He's disagreeing with you. That's allowed, and does not necessarily indicate an agenda.

I'm not terribly concerned what another publisher has done in a completely different genre as far as not delivering on any preorder. IMO, this publisher has been upfront with plenty of info. If we don't get the Beta before November, so be it. It should only mean a better developed sim at that point. On the other hand, if it comes out tomorrow, I ain't complainin'.

I have that Friday feeling for for some reason. Somethings telling me to go and dig my rudders and pilot hat out.

I have that Friday feeling for for some reason. Somethings telling me to go and dig my rudders and pilot hat out.

Scramble the GRUPPE!!!!!!

Ha attack me for what now? He and I have been in PM. talking about it. Mind yours... And if you read I was showing an example about how pre pay and waiting killed off a sim. Bite me, What your problem is beyond me. Mom not bring you cookies or something? Stop It lol. Its a free forum and I don't believe I broke ANY RULES and YOU'RE Not Moderators in here. Now having said that, numerous off topic posts are in here. Concidering the post says "its October" so that means let's see, autumn, base ball playoffs, Halloween, etc etc so choose a topic...

Be nice you guys, you misread this, attacking me makes you look stupid..

And yes the Cardinals will be beating the Dodgers nicely in the play offs.

Edited by Stlkrash

Calm down.

Hint: comments like 'bite me' don't help. Nor do things like 'your mum didn't bring you any cookies', or whatever goading tripe it was that you typed.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed that we haven't had a release date yet. I paid mainly to get early access to the game, but we are nearly 4 weeks into Autumn and still there is no release date. I think when I have paid a premium I am untitled to know when they plan on giving this date and hopefully I can be given one. I would have thought if the game was on track to be released in the Autumn, then a date for that release should be known by now.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed that we haven't had a release date yet. I paid mainly to get early access to the game, but we are nearly 4 weeks into Autumn and still there is no release date. I think when I have paid a premium I am untitled to know when they plan on giving this date and hopefully I can be given one. I would have thought if the game was on track to be released in the Autumn, then a date for that release should be known by now.

We were told about a month ago that the end-ish of "October" was the planned time for the early beta release, we have asked the question a lot since then and each time we have a answer its been "October".

I asked Jason a week and a bit ago, and he said the end of "October" is the plan, worst case was first week of November, but they are planning for the end of "October".

As far as anyone knows, its still "October" :)

As the date at this time is the 14th of "October", i wouldn't start worrying about anything until the last week of "October" and even then i wouldn't worry to much, because its prob coming at the end of "October" maybe the first week of November.

:)

Edited by =BKHZ=Furbs

It's ok Rigs they will just jump you for asking such nonsense.... Kids.. LOL  You're right, there should be a bit more info from the studio. You shell out a premium price and you would think you would be kept "in some kind of loop"..

We were told about a month ago that the end-ish of "October" was the planned time for the early beta release, we have asked the question a lot since then and each time we have a answer its been "October".

I asked Jason a week and a bit ago, and he said the end of "October" is the plan, worst case was first week of November, but they are planning for the end of "October".

As far as anyone knows, its still "October" :)

As the date at this time is the 14th of "October", i wouldn't start worrying about anything until the last week of "October" and even then i wouldn't worry to much, because its prob coming at the end of "October" maybe the first week of November.

:)

That's fair enough, but I don't understand why a firm release date cannot be announced. I mean, it's not like we are expecting everything to work given this is a beta and not everything will work. I am just a bit skeptical after I  purchased another flight sim and was given the run around about certain dates. I just hope you are right and I am playing this come the first week in November at the latest. I say this because I paid the premium to play it in Autumn and not nearer to Winter. I might as well have waited for the other release if reaches that stage. Anyways, thanks for the info, I'll check back then. Thanks!!

Edited by Rigsby

Has it occurred to you that perhaps they don't know exactly when the product will be finished? I work for a software company (admittedly not a game software company), and I can tell you from experience that if you ask 3 guys working on a project when something will be finished you will get 4 different answers. Relax Stlkrash, it'll be ready soon.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps they don't know exactly when the product will be finished? I work for a software company (admittedly not a game software company), and I can tell you from experience that if you ask 3 guys working on a project when something will be finished you will get 4 different answers. Relax Stlkrash, it'll be ready soon.

I don't think anybody is asking for a finished product given this will be a beta. Lets just hope it is released soon maybe at the end of October beginning of November like Furb said.

Edited by Rigsby

Since its been so quiet on the subject I am hoping they are furiously working to get it released before the other holiday releases pulls everyone away from the Beta.

I don't think anybody is asking for a finished product given this will be a beta. Lets just hope it is released soon maybe at the end of October beginning of November like Furb said.

Cool Rigsby, i didn't mean any offence and im glad you took it the way it was intended. :)

By the way, im just as excited as you and anyone else, just like you i would love Jason or somebody to give us a D-Day date and H-Hour, but its not worth worrying about just yet, one thing ive learned about Jason is he's pretty dam good at hitting his dates.

S! Bongo What have you done? shes gone Furbs will be sad.LOL

One last time

photo-993_zps879f9265.jpg

Edited by Klaue

I was getting too many profile views because all the nerds thought I was a chick.........and some people demanded I put my handsome face back :blush:

Great, another flashback of her staring at me through the letter box, shouting what horrible things she is going to do to my most valuable bits, cheers...no sleep tonight  then  :)

I was getting too many profile views because all the nerds thought I was a chick.........and some people demanded I put my handsome face back :blush:

So when are you going to start using that one??? ;)

Seriously though, I must be growing up because although I'm eager to try BoS out, I don't break out in hives in anticipation. This will be an interesting Winter flying I think.

So when are you going to start using that one??? ;)

Seriously though, I must be growing up because although I'm eager to try BoS out, I don't break out in hives in anticipation. This will be an interesting Winter flying I think.

+1 I think where in for some good times.

To be fair, the end of October beginning of November 'is' some kind of loop.

This made me laugh.

And yes, as has been said, they told us when they planned to release it. We still haven't reached that time yet, therefore they not released it.

It's on its way and the likelyhood of those last minute, we didn't know/mighty axe/never saw it coming delays is pretty remote and that's good enough for me. The team seem to have it in hand and we can all relax in the knowledge that the moment it's ready they'll let us know. ;)

this is not just about a damn date, but about anticipation and more exactly about the dissapointment caused by the lack of anticipation's fulfilment. each time we're getting back to check the forums, and we don't see the beta start announcement we all are so dearly waiting for, we are hit by that dissapoinment. and it hurts.

it's one of the main reasons things went so wrong on the not-to-be-named other sim's banana forum.

the developers should try to protect the customers of getting too hurt via that loophole mechanism, as it will get back on them too.

setting up a "no earlier than 31st october" date wouldn't be so hard for the developers, specially as this is a beta date, and they are not bound to deliver the whole package, or anything specific for that matter.

but at least would keep us protected until then. this daily autumn beta release check and dissapointment is really bad, and it would be so easily avoided..

Edited by adonys

Hang on, hang on ;)

'Its not about some damned date" and then you say that naming an only mildly more specific date would make a difference?:-) and also, its about the disappointment of not having your anticipation fulfilled when you check in to see if it's been released yet?

I'm not having a go at you or anything Adonys, but there seems little difference between the date you set and they period the Devs set, other than a lack of flexibility in case they do encounter some last minute issues.

And as for the anticipation thing, while I totally understand your desire to get your hands on it:-) , that's not the devs' fault, is it? I check the site a lot too, but just to see if anyone's posted anything interesting,as I know it's not yet late Oct/early Nov.This daily autumn release check you mentioned is not compulsory, and given the Oct/Nov info from the devs, seems a bit, well, self defeating. :-)

We're nearly there, just not quite yet, mate.

well, you haven't really got my message.

using a "no earlier than 31st october" early beta date format actually implies that:

- customers know it won't be launched before that date, so they're safe to not check again until then

- developers are not boud to that date in any way, as they just announced a "check again date". "no earlier than 31st october" means the release date can be any date after that 31st october date

or just say "we'll send a damn email on that day, same as we sent the pre-order now emails".

any of the variants wouldn't require too much work on their part, and would really make the life of a lot of their customers easier.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

As for the email, from my RoF experience I had just assumed they'd notify me that way when the date came. Could be wrong though.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to 'Anna Karinina" now. Please excuse me.

Well, since I will probably be out of the house for the next two weekends, early access will definitely not start before October 28th - sorry. :P

Anyway, I'm going to go back to 'Anna Karinina" now. Please excuse me.

Well, lucky you, Tolstoi is a great writer :)

this is not just about a damn date, but about anticipation and more exactly about the dissapointment caused by the lack of anticipation's fulfilment. each time we're getting back to check the forums, and we don't see the beta start announcement we all are so dearly waiting for, we are hit by that dissapoinment. and it hurts.

it's one of the main reasons things went so wrong on the not-to-be-named other sim's banana forum.

the developers should try to protect the customers of getting too hurt via that loophole mechanism, as it will get back on them too.

setting up a "no earlier than 31st october" date wouldn't be so hard for the developers, specially as this is a beta date, and they are not bound to deliver the whole package, or anything specific for that matter.

but at least would keep us protected until then. this daily autumn beta release check and dissapointment is really bad, and it would be so easily avoided..

I have to agree with you because I also find this very frustrating. I have no reason to boot up my Pc most nights other then to see if this has been released or at-least a date set for it's release. I know it's no big deal having to boot up the PC most night, but at the same time it's no big deal just to announce some type of date which they must have by now. I have taken onboard that someone mentioned the end of October or beginning of November, but I don't see this written anywhere in the dev diary. I just think when we have paid for this Autumn beta that we should have heard something more concrete by now.