Zak

Game version 1.008 discussion

I'm in the crowd of, 'Premium guys already paid for that." We should have all of the options opened to us already and will be pretty upset if I have to pay again (hint: I won't, I can muddle through the remaining unlocks if I decide I need that gadget or skin). Those that paid a lesser fee should pay a nominal sum (equivalent to $10-15 or so) to get the stuff I already paid for before unlocks were announced. I bought in on the first day, paid in good faith, and am pretty happy with where the sim is and where it is headed. I suspect most of the premium guys are the die hards who, for the most part, benefit the least from the training the campaign offers. Unlocks hardly faze me and I never lost perspective when they were introduced. I am perfectly willing to buy more content, the next release and even participate in an EA if it is available again. I'd even be happy to do testing again if it was directed and not the ad hoc mess the last one was. I'm a mostly unjaded fanboi type overall.

Edited by HerrMurf

2) Premium pre-order gives a) premium planes, b) free unlocks, c) upcoming free unlocks. Will this all be bound to one activation key or, like in most DD stores, sent to us as separate keys for each bonus?

What we have here

:excl:  A Premium pre-order gives you a) Premium Planes b) free Unlocks c) upcoming free Unlocks................

But in future we'll offer another edition where player will need to unlock planes as well as modifications for them.

And what is that here

:excl: But in future we'll offer another edition where player will need to unlock planes as well as modifications for them!

Now we have it!

If you get higher than the aircraft you are protecting, you have a advantage even if out numbered, Try taking out the leader first then come back and hit any damaged enemy that are in trouble, I ussually get threw the mission if not jumped on the way back. Not all missions will have the same result because they have a good mission randomizer that I personally am very happy with. If it changes all the time you dont bore with it and it makes the unlocks more challenging.

+1

According to Developer Diary, Part 31

Premium pre-order gives you a) Premium Planes b) free Unlocks c) upcoming free Unlocks

If we need to pay for this option to have all unlocks available without playing the campaign. Premium owner get this option for free!  All other need to pay for it :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Premium pre-order gives you a) Premium Planes b) free Unlocks c) upcoming free Unlocks

Well, you should have put this quote into context. Acrually, this is not a dev statement: this is just a question to which Loft didn't answered directly.

Here's the full quote:

2) Premium pre-order gives a) premium planes, b) free unlocks, c) upcoming free unlocks. Will this all be bound to one activation key or, like in most DD stores, sent to us as separate keys for each bonus?

There's 1 key per account. You activate it on your profile and all other content packs and bonuses get bound to it automatically. There's only one exception for gifts which, as keys, can be transferred freely before they are activated.

Cheers,

Edited by PA-Sniv

The idea that I can learn the Stuka or Peshka at level 9, even with a previous training in QMB, is absurd, totally demotivating, and quite unnecessary even with effing unlocks.

Not impossible. I unlocked the Peshka entirely at level 9 and 10. It was not anymore difficult than doing the Stuka at Level 1

Not impossible. I unlocked the Peshka entirely at level 9 and 10. It was not anymore difficult than doing the Stuka at Level 1

While I am somehow not surprised to see that it is SharpeXB making this claim, however, this is contradicted by other players who have commented on the topic.

If it is no more difficult to gain xp at level 9-10 than at level 1, why have player level at all? The only thing player level can effect is game difficulty. But you seem to be saying that it has no such effect. Which is it?

Your subjective experience of no difference might be because you are such a stud that the game difficulty has no effect on your ability to gain xp - well bully for you, what the rest of us plebs are asking for is some empathy with those that do not want to have to die over and over again to progress.

• Upvote 1

Better send them back to flightschool then :D

Does anyone have a few suggestions for me which would make my virtual pilot life a bit easier?

I´ve completely unlocked the F-4 and I´ve started with the A-3 but as I´ve mentioned I´m already in trouble in a lot of the missions (Level 5 - close to 6)

My only comment is that you have to be clear on what your goal is. If it is to get unlocks so that you can forget about SP, or even just for the pleasure of getting them, then you want to make sure that the aircraft you fly best are unlocked last. This way you can deal with the aircraft you fly worst under the easiest conditions.

I am not sure if the chapter progression affects difficulty - if it does, you should do your missions in Chap.1, even after you have opened Chap 2. IIRC the xp for each plane (and total player xp) continues to rise even if you are flying in a chapter that has been completed.

You also should do no more missions in an aircraft which you have completely unlocked, as xp gained on this plane will still count towards player level.

Alternatively let autopilot do it all and go and do something else! :wacko:

Edited by unreasonable
  • Upvote 1

I didn't notice any difference as the levels increased.  And I had no problem unlocking the Stuka and 111, which I saved for the end.  Studliness had nothing to do with it.  I just got my points and ran away.

The key is to only fly the mission types that you find easy to finish.  

• Upvote 2

The key is to only fly the mission types that you find easy to finish.  

Yes I agree that is important. That is what I have done and should have mentioned.

But the question remains, if player level really does have no effect on difficulty, what is it doing in the game?

A lot of people are struggling at higher levels, what we are asking for is an option to reset.  No-one has to use it if they do not want to.

Options are good, yes?

Hey host

very thanks for your infomation.

But i have a trouble on update, the update speed was too slow almost 10~15KB/S.

I dont know if you can provide a offline update package to download.

Thanks.

Full news
You can ask new questions in this thread

The Skin Templates were organized by Jason from amazing artwork provided by the art team which was used to make our original in-game skins. These templates should make it easy for users (beginners and experts alike) to create impressive paint-jobs that look realistic in a very short time. They are in .psd format. They have have been simplified as much as possible with few, if any, advanced Photoshop features such as masks etc. left on to speed up the skin making process. You may find some issues or faults as there were numerous layers and some were a bit mysterious in their original form, but you should have a solid base to do some really cool skins. 

All skins need to be DXT5 with Alpha included to work.

You can download the Skin Templates from these links:

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/IL2M42_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/LaGG3s29_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/La5_8_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/Pe2s87_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/Yak1s69_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/Bf109F4_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/Bf109G2_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/FW190a3_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/He111H6_Public.zip

http://www.rofmods.com/Templates/Ju87D_Public.zip

If the download is slow, the server may be overloaded. Mirrors are gladly allowed and encouraged.

Jason

While I am somehow not surprised to see that it is SharpeXB making this claim, however, this is contradicted by other players who have commented on the topic.If it is no more difficult to gain xp at level 9-10 than at level 1, why have player level at all? The only thing player level can effect is game difficulty. But you seem to be saying that it has no such effect. Which is it?Your subjective experience of no difference might be because you are such a stud that the game difficulty has no effect on your ability to gain xp - well bully for you, what the rest of us plebs are asking for is some empathy with those that do not want to have to die over and over again to progress.

AA accuracy is something skill can't quite overcome especially in a level bombing run. Yet I don't think I was ever hit by flak doing that in the Peshka at Levels 9 and 10. I got hit at low level runs, shot down by fighters, crashed into trees etc. but I didn't get hit up at 5,000m

The last run I did at Level 10 I made about four runs at it due to cloud cover but not a scratch. I got hit by more flak in the Stuka in the lower levels.

The He-111 I did all at Level 9 and got hit a few times but not enough that it was impossible to complete the points. There's no skill there in the bombers just blind luck ;-)

Edited by SharpeXB

But the question remains, if player level really does have no effect on difficulty, what is it doing in the game?

In the games that have this "level up", servers to please players "ego".  ;) 

Are FLAK "trap" in some missions template, look at the route path an avoid overly airbases.

In target area avoid fly straight an leveled, despite the laser aim, after the complain against first FLAK generation, the AAA now have very slow rate of fire.

I end the "unlock fest" in level 9, unlock weapons for all Russian planes and for German bombers -  no interest in German fighters, as in Scout medals and useless skins, or "level up".

A lot of people are struggling at higher levels, what we are asking for is an option to reset.  No-one has to use it if they do not want to.

Options are good, yes?

What is the point of a reset?  You can reset yourself by just going and playing an earlier period in the battle.  And if you're talking about resetting levels, there is no point to that if levels are not significant (not to mention that it looks like they're getting rid of the unlock feature).  I think the different periods in the battle are far more significant in determining how difficult it will be than the levels.

No.
if you play an earlier point in the battle, you will do so with the level you have now - not with the level you had back then.

remember:
you never play the old missions with the old AI levels (noob to ace). you always get a fresh mission, generated with your pilot stats taken into account.
That's the purpose of the stats - to be used.

~S~,

Been AFK for 6 months. Missed the launch party sadly.

Despite the grumbling on here, I'm still very happy with my purchase.

Looking forward to the time I'll spend with this program moving forward.

Thank you 777 Studios for your very beautiful and satisfying production.

Are there differences in the AI difficulty when playing normal / expert?

No, it's up to the mission creator to set the IA dificulty. You can have elite in normal mode, and newbee in expert mode.

I think the question was about the campaign that ships with the game at present.

Yes, I´m curious about the actual campaign.

What is the point of a reset?  You can reset yourself by just going and playing an earlier period in the battle.  And if you're talking about resetting levels, there is no point to that if levels are not significant (not to mention that it looks like they're getting rid of the unlock feature).  I think the different periods in the battle are far more significant in determining how difficult it will be than the levels.

Your pilot level is forever, whatever chapter you are in. I agree the chapter also affects difficulty.

I am not sure which is the most important, because it is impossible to change the level down to test independently and the team has not told us explicitly.

As for why difficulty matters, well this is also related to why you are playing.

You are mainly grinding for unlocks IIRC. If you die more often it just means some more time wasted until you get what you want and can go to MP and forget SP.

I want to fly in a more RP style, DiD. This means that I want my chances of dying to bear some relationship to historic outcomes, if I fly to achieve the mission while also doing whatever I can to preserve my life.  The outcome is some function of my tactics and flying skill, the mission type, enemy numbers and AI skill. There is only so much I can do to adjust my tactics and skill, once I optimize that the outcome depends to a large degree on difficulty and, as SharpeXB points out, dumb luck.

If I find that the campaign puts me in situations with a 50% survival rate over and over again, RPing a historic campaign simply cannot be done: you cannot live long enough.

For someone who does not care about any contexts linking the missions, reflying is just like fighting a boss battle over and over until you get the right combinations or get lucky. And a MP guy is going to stop SP anyway. Us SP guys are stuck with player level forever. 

I cannot see what possible harm to anyone else can result from me resetting my player level.

• Upvote 1

The unlock system suffers - you can get more unlocks for easy flights instead of hard flights.

I thought that groundhog day thing is there to fly documentary game either for VVS or LW from 19.11.1942 to 2.2.1943 during operation Uranus and see it till the glorious victory (VVS) or bitter defeat (LW).While doing so,you collect better armament and new skins and some badges.Now I read it is there because of unlocks.Great finding!

Lets write our own story of genesis and spread this new gospel around>

In the beginning 1CGS created the game and the DLC Fw with La5.

Now the game was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of 1CGS was hovering over snowy steppes of Stalingrad.

And 1CGS said, “Let there be unlocks,” and there were unlocks.

:o::biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Your pilot level is forever, whatever chapter you are in. I agree the chapter also affects difficulty.

I am not sure which is the most important, because it is impossible to change the level down to test independently and the team has not told us explicitly.

As for why difficulty matters, well this is also related to why you are playing.

You are mainly grinding for unlocks IIRC. If you die more often it just means some more time wasted until you get what you want and can go to MP and forget SP.

I want to fly in a more RP style, DiD. This means that I want my chances of dying to bear some relationship to historic outcomes, if I fly to achieve the mission while also doing whatever I can to preserve my life.  The outcome is some function of my tactics and flying skill, the mission type, enemy numbers and AI skill. There is only so much I can do to adjust my tactics and skill, once I optimize that the outcome depends to a large degree on difficulty and, as SharpeXB points out, dumb luck.

If I find that the campaign puts me in situations with a 50% survival rate over and over again, RPing a historic campaign simply cannot be done: you cannot live long enough.

For someone who does not care about any contexts linking the missions, reflying is just like fighting a boss battle over and over until you get the right combinations or get lucky. And a MP guy is going to stop SP anyway. Us SP guys are stuck with player level forever. 

I cannot see what possible harm to anyone else can result from me resetting my player level.

These are exactly my thoughts, I would like to fly a historic campaign with historic difficulty and try to survive it in DiD style. The idea being stuck at some high difficulty level, because your pilot level is high is really unfortunate for SP playing.

The unlock system suffers - you can get more unlocks for easy flights instead of hard flights .

My bold edit...true, but if I am giving up my unlocks when I reset, why should this bother anyone else or "the system"?  I agree that I might be able to get the total of all unlocks more easily this way, but I cannot keep them simultaneously where is the harm?

Are there differences in the AI difficulty when playing normal / expert?

No one knows if there are actually differences in the AI difficulty in the actual campaign when playing normal / expert?

Edited by golani79

Sorry golani79, don't know, I expect most of us tend to do one or the other nearly all the time.  I have only played expert - I find normal harder strangely enough, too much distracting clutter. I think it is more important that you get the normal/expert settings that work for you in terms of icons, engine management player aids, and so on. 

Sorry golani79, don't know, I expect most of us tend to do one or the other nearly all the time.  I have only played expert - I find normal harder strangely enough, too much distracting clutter. I think it is more important that you get the normal/expert settings that work for you in terms of icons, engine management player aids, and so on. 

Alright - thanks!

I´ve no problems with experts regarding engine management, aids, etc. but I wasn´t sure if the AI was harder on expert than normal as I couldn´t make out real differences in the AI.

If I were sure I might have given the normal mode a try because a positive outcome would be more probable for me with easier AI.

But I think I´ll stick to expert then and go for double XP ^^

Expert level is better for XP since you get many just for completing the mission even if you only destroy a few targets.

Did the unlocking, part on autopilot leaning over from my workdesk to snap shot here and there or disengage as soon as the mission green symbol looked available.

It would be better with more immersive roleplaying features. . . I can understand multiplayers frustration.

It'll be great to put this issue to bed and see about flushing out the BOS world with "shop" and player created content.

Just got a Warthog to go with my crosswind and am shopping for s summer video card upgrade.

I have high hopes for this near sim.

I've talked about this a bunch already but I wanted to stress that I'm really hoping the AI get a bit better in the next patch or several patches. The ground attack AI is really messed up right now... they are barely effective at attacking targets in the campaign mode. Usually they just circle around until I'm finished. Level bombers are terrible; I can't get them to do anything.

If I give them orders they occasionally acknowledge but otherwise they don't do much of anything else. Air to air its much better (and has been from the start) although it could always be better and I'd love to have my wingman stick with me a bit more.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive