Zak

Game version 1.008 discussion

I'm not a fan of the Default FW-190 skin and did a quick and dirty, what I think would go for a standard camo FW-190.

2014_12_23_14_58_42.png

free screen capture software

2014_12_23_14_53_14.png

upload pictures

There are still things to do, but if someone wants to try it here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5qmrafzquuju5s6/fw190a3_skin_12.dds

I have the RLM data on proper Hakenkreuz position and proportion. Let me know if you need these documents for your work. :)

• Upvote 2

I see there's progress!

Thank you, developers and a nice, funny and blissfull merry x-mas to you and all the other brave aviators!!!

v.Greiff

I have the RLM data on proper Hakenkreuz position and proportion. Let me know if you need these documents for your work. :)

Yes please. :)  The Hakenkreuz does look too big, I just dropped it on top of the original in game markings. So, yes, this is more of a hack than a hakenkreuz. :lol:  I changed the camo as well to match the original. still long way to go.

Yes please. :) The Hakenkreuz does look too big, I just dropped it on top of the original in game markings. So, yes, this is more of a hack than a hakenkreuz. :lol: I changed the camo as well to match the original. still long way to go.

I will get these sent your way ASAP.

Fantastic update, merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the development team, you deserve it and can be proud of your achievements this year. It is really unheard of to do a flight sim in such a short time. Also, in the latter part of this year you have stuck to your guns when the going got tough which shows great integrity. Keep working along the lines of your combat flight sim vision in the new year, but do get some rest, I hope we won't hear from you until after your Russian Orthodox christmas!

Finally had time to play a little.  Very happy that I can't have my head hanging out of the cockpit at 650 kph any more.

And I had a peek at the viewer.  Good stuff. 

New patch, trip monitors set up, SweetFX finally working, after tomorrow I'm off till Monday.  Life is good!

Thanks Team.  The skin viewer gizmo is a really big deal.  Thanks for all your efforts.  Hope you have a merry Christmas.

Cheers.

Thanks for this great patch!

Unfortunately I'm having a rather weird AI issue: when I start a duel in QMB, the enemy AI crashed its plane after a few seconds. I was able to reproduce this every time I launched a duel. It seems to affect only the AI piloting a FW190. With other planes their behaviour seems normal. I tried both Normal and Expert difficulties. Could this be caused by the recent changes made for the AI? Anyone got the same problem?

Dev's:

I upgraded the game yesterday and it worked ok, but today it is giving me the 10005 error message to upgrade the game and will not open for me and will not update for me.

Do I need to uninstall and start all over again?

Thank you,

Bill

Dev's:

I upgraded the game yesterday and it worked ok, but today it is giving me the 10005 error message to upgrade the game and will not open for me and will not update for me.

Do I need to uninstall and start all over again?

Thank you,

Bill

Delete the contents of the "updates" folder in the directory and start the launcher, that usually works.

So ... if someone creates a nice skin file and makes it available publicly, does anyone know where we place that file after we've downloaded it?

So ... if someone creates a nice skin file and makes it available publicly, does anyone know where we place that file after we've downloaded it?

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins

:salute:

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins

:salute:

Thank you and Merry Christmas....

Thanks to the developers & Merry Christmas to all.

Like the Christmas tree - can we keep it?

It could be weathered as time goes by, ie. needles fall off, have it habitated by squirrels, etc.

If template for the Christmas tree is released, can design own decorations for it.

Edited by fergal69
  • Upvote 1

I didn't fly since 1.008 atm, but seems to be a tremendous job, guys, thanks a lot !  :biggrin:  :dance:  :good:

Merry christmas !!!

Edited by Solmyr

I assume this .DDS plugin should be available for Photoshop too?

Is it a user friendly thing? Any good tutorial about the whole thing on the web?

Thank you for any hint

Very nice to see a skin from the Spanish Escuadrilla Azul, well done. I look forward to seeing what the "greats" of skinning can do in BoS....

J4Scriszeri.

Yes, I found the DDS-plugin here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-Photoshop

Just download and install it and it will be available to you in Photoshop when you are going to save your skin.

You can also follow this excellent thread by Yakdriver:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13622-skinning-quick-and-dirty-absolute-beginners/

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Mags

Thank you for the update.

Lothar thank you for your skin of the blue squadron, I wait to meet for Estalingrado.

Saludos

J4Scriszeri.

Yes, I found the DDS-plugin here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-Photoshop

Just download and install it and it will be available to you in Photoshop when you are going to save your skin.

You can also follow this excellent thread by Yakdriver:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13622-skinning-quick-and-dirty-absolute-beginners/

Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much, I guessed it was a simple "save as..." thing (after a proper installation of the plug-in.

But I've never tried that format nor used it so... Can't wait to create some crazy and/or very, very weathered skin.

Edited by J4Scriszeri

I want to thanks all the team, for bringing up this patch and the access to skins/templates.

Till the game was released, it become better an better after each patch.

So thak you to all, Merry Christmas

Merci à tous, et un très Joyeux Noël

Steph "Obélix"

18. The program module that controlled aerodynamics of FW 190 A-3 beyond stall angles of attack was enabled (had been there before, we just forgot to enable it after testing);

Does anybody know what this actually mean? What changes exactly when this module is activated?

Great Christmas update, thanks a lot!

A hotfix for the version 1.008 has been deployed

1. When the "Allies are red, enemies are blue" setting is enabled, chat messages from the allies are highlighted with red;
  2. Kicking from the server while the end mission timer is on was fixed;
  3. The main menu issues that used to appear after playing Multiplayer were fixed;
  4. "Show skins in Multiplayer" option was removed, the skins are always on now;
  5. The skin-related error message that used to pop-up in Train missions in Campaign was fixed;
  6. Padlock view was added to the Normal difficulty preset;
  7. The "i" key is now switching the instruments and markers on and off;
  8. The bug with Ju 87 prop visualization on long distances was fixed.
  • Upvote 2

Nice one Zak and the Team.  Have a great Christmas - downloading now! :salute:  :salute:

18. The program module that controlled aerodynamics of FW 190 A-3 beyond stall angles of attack was enabled (had been there before, we just forgot to enable it after testing);

Does anybody know what this actually mean? What changes exactly when this module is activated?

Great Christmas update, thanks a lot!

I haven't done much dedicated testing yet but my initial impressions are:

High speed/high AOA stalls in a flat turn have moved up from appx 290 kph to around 340 kph.

Slow speed handling has markedly improved. (ie controlability at 240-270 in the near vertical where it would previously wallow and stall harshly)

I can also pull out of low alt/high angle/high speed (1700m/80-90 degrees/600-660 kph) dives without the use of stab trim now.

Didn't modify my pattern work but will experiment tonight or tomorrow. I was still flaring at 180'ish and touching down with the stick in my lap at 150-155 yesterday.

niceoneeeee
someone NOT at home all day singing songs.

that says something.
THAT. SAYS. Something. impressive. Pushing to the last Minute.

Thumbs up.

Edited by Yakdriver

niceoneeeee

someone NOT at home all day singing songs.

that says something.

THAT. SAYS. Something. impressive. Pushing to the last Minute.

Thumbs up.

Do you realise that the devs are living in Russia , and they don't celebrate Christmas now. So it's a normal working week for them, and don't worry they will have ten days long national holiday from 1st of January (celebrating New Year and their Christmas).

Happy Christmas everyone :).