Y-29.Silky

DCS: Bf109 K-4

Release date is tomorrow (Dec 3rd), I've been waiting on this forever, is anyone else going to jump in on this bandwagon?

• Upvote 2

It's already released for the open beta version, I'm flying right now ;)

Omg! I read that it was delayed until Dec 3rd! D: If that isn't DCS in a nutshell...

The 109 and P-47 were the 2 planes I wanted from the DCS WW:II Kickstarter. Looking forward to giving this a go.

:megaphone:  You sit on a throne of lies......

:megaphone: You sit on a throne of lies......

Haha, seriously? I knew I had to be right. Unless he's in a Dec 3rd time zone? :O

Ad here I went to try to get mine... I am waiting on the Jug & Spit as well.

:megaphone:  You sit on a throne of lies......

You need the open beta version  ;)

lKcHqiN.jpg

wxSmnfQ.jpg

h54XBEW.jpg

5fSKPY0.jpg

7GjOUnf.jpg

rz1X01k.jpg

ffHfh1c.jpg

ng0F53C.jpg

616QOPZ.jpg

tBcGrmB.jpg

Edited by nirvi

Now make it sound like a 109 rather than a Cessna and it'll be fine :)

This!

I can't accept this kinde of mistake by a company like ED.

This Kurfust is simple stunning even if it's only a first beta, but this Daimler sound is simple horrible, ridiculous and not accepatable at all. A Messerschmitt that does not sing the music of a Daimler Benz.......is not a Messerschmitt.

The immersion and the feeling to fly a Kurfurst is actually absolutely missed.

....a Cessna with 109 3D model.

Terrible....

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

I will wait one month so they again release surprise discount of at least 70%.Then I will grab it for 15 dollars.

• Upvote 1

The thing is sounds are time consuming to develop and ED probably cant afford losing some.

I desperately hoped for a sound revamp on the Dora and nothing happened up to now.

Mods are truely great and I'm glad ED supports them as much, though as a company with proffesional game developers I'd rather aim for reducing the need for mods to enjoy it's products rather than increasing it.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

Stuka, I'm pretty sure you haven't heard Diveplane's sound mod for the 190. See for yourself! 

Yes Chuck I know of diveplanes great work. I really like his exteriour sounds though the cockpit sounds are rater lacking in my opinion (too much high pitch noise, no bass).

Thankfully I managed to tinker with it using different soundfiles to get sth more acceptable, though the authenticity of both his and my Dora sounds is rather questionable.

Gentlemen, start your engines! The update for 1.2.12 for non-beta version is now live. 109, here I come!

tumblr_inline_moej24NV151qz4rgp.png

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

Did a maiden flight for the 109 with a couple of fellow 71st squadmates. 

5PcJjvf.jpg9aBvk0Q.jpgISQovS3.jpgyDMSfEe.jpg0aw0qbO.jpgkr8yeaI.jpgxwiNotJ.jpgJFc5MVP.jpg4UcOVCy.jpgYcu1OMt.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brilliant! And definitely a handful. It took me quite a few tries to get it safely in the air. For me, it's all about judging when you have enough speed to pick up the tail and get solid rudder response. I find that if I leave the P-51 tail down too long, it wallows into the air and stalls out. The 109 seems to be more forgiving in that respect.

Salut!

How does it fly? Compared to other DCS modules and BOS?

Edited by indiaciki

How does it fly? Compared to other DCS modules and BOS?

The flight model is on par with the DCS P-51, which is saying something.

Nose keeps pulling up so you need to apply forward pressure on the stick on takeoff with 1-2 trim nose down.  In the air she's graceful but she has a nasty spin if you kick the rudder. Rudder stability is better than the BoS 109 we've got and I can tell you that takeoff and landing are both a lot of fun and very difficult at first. Landing is really an adventure: you realize pretty fast that the landing gear is really really unstable because it's so close to the aircraft's centerline. In the air, the 109 feels a little bit twitchy and even with trim you spend a lot of time flying stick forward. I fought some human-flown P-51s and that 109 climbs like a rocket! But when I deliberately tried to turn and burn with the Mustang you clearly see that yankin' and bankin' is not the 109's forte.  

IMHO it's a must-buy.

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

The flight model is on par with the DCS P-51, which is saying something.

Nose keeps pulling up so you need to apply forward pressure on the stick on takeoff with 1-2 trim nose down.  In the air she's graceful but she has a nasty spin if you kick the rudder. Rudder stability is better than the BoS 109 we've got and I can tell you that takeoff and landing are both a lot of fun and very difficult at first. Landing is really an adventure: you realize pretty fast that the landing gear is really really unstable because it's so close to the aircraft's centerline.  

IMHO it's a must-buy.

Thanks Chuck. Sounds like the real 109. Most crashes occured on TO and landings. Nose down on TO was in the original checklist (Exerzier-Anleitung). I'll buy her as soon as I cross the atlantic in my x-plane baron. ie.e tomorrow ;) or maybe sooner... maybe now.

DM model still needs a little work, me thinks.

It's to easy to pull large chunks of the wing off with "G", don't know what the fire is about, but ignored it without problem not to mention the lack of ailerons.

Is the Kurfurst better than the Dora? So far I love how the Dora handles and how amazingly fast it is. I just can't nail the landing. Th egear seems to be made of glass.

I gave up on the Dora. She won't stall, spin... x-wing fighter type of FM, though I might be wrong. flew her just a couple of times.