Dedicated server question.

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

So the guys and myself are trying to do a coop server for rise of flight. Want to fly early planes. I have a dedicated server that we want to use. But I'm having trouble getting the sds file figured out, I can get the server going OK but where do I put the mission files, I had a look at the sds files that come with the game, A bunch of missions in there but when I go and look in the rof/data/multiplayer/cooperative folder I don't see the missions that are in the sds file. So where do I place the missions. I read the ROF manual and don't see how to set all this up or I just don't get it. Probably don't get it. And if anyone is interested in doing a coop mission with us your welcome too. Thanks for any help in this matter. We will be doing the missions on Wednesday's @ around 5pm pst/8pm est. Not sure how long we will be doing this but will be for a while I'm hoping. 

Try and start the dserver.exe.

Once it's running, click, File, Manage SDS and either create a new file or open an existing .sds file via the 'Load' button...

Start editing from there...

Here's a screenshot of the sds edit screen, with an exampe SDS file loaded.

image.png.ec1b9c0c1b7147af37c0c0cb3f5c1a80.png

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
23 minutes ago, DD_FT- said:

Try and start the dserver.exe.

Once it's running, click, File, Manage SDS and either create a new file or open an existing .sds file via the 'Load' button...

Start editing from there...

Here's a screenshot of the sds edit screen, with an exampe SDS file loaded.

image.png.ec1b9c0c1b7147af37c0c0cb3f5c1a80.png

Is this for rise of flight or IL_2? I've seen that for IL_2 but not for rise of flight. When I open the DServer.exe then under file then open it asks for the SDS file. Problem is I don't know where to add the mission file to the SDS file. Thought it would be in the multiplayer/coop folder, but I'm wrong I think.

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
18 minutes ago, DD_FT- said:

Oh, my apologies, I did not realize this is ROF you are using...

No worries bud, Thanks for replying. Hopefully I have hair after I figure this out lol. 

7 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

So the guys and myself are trying to do a coop server for rise of flight. Want to fly early planes. I have a dedicated server that we want to use. But I'm having trouble getting the sds file figured out, I can get the server going OK but where do I put the mission files, I had a look at the sds files that come with the game, A bunch of missions in there but when I go and look in the rof/data/multiplayer/cooperative folder I don't see the missions that are in the sds file. So where do I place the missions. I read the ROF manual and don't see how to set all this up or I just don't get it. Probably don't get it. And if anyone is interested in doing a coop mission with us your welcome too. Thanks for any help in this matter. We will be doing the missions on Wednesday's @ around 5pm pst/8pm est. Not sure how long we will be doing this but will be for a while I'm hoping. 

On the DServer, you need to place the mission in the same folder under \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative that you did when you saved it on your PC. For example, if you saved it under C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\MyMissionFolder on your PC, you need to save it under the \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\MyMissionFolder on the DServer PC. If you open the .list file for your mission in a text editor, you can see where you need to place your mission. If you want to change the location, resave the mission to another folder (the .list file will change accordingly).

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

Thanks Jim, I'm guessing this would be the same for PWCG. Files go into the same folder. So say I down loaded it from some one else, do I put it in rise of flight\data\multiplayer\cooperative\mymissionfolder? Also, Rise Of Flight comes with premade missions in Multiplayer Dogfight\Cooperative and comes with a premade SDS file, I go into the data\multiplayer\dogfight\cooperative folder and they aren't there, So where do they place it? 

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

On the DServer, you need to place the mission in the same folder under \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative that you did when you saved it on your PC. For example, if you saved it under C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\MyMissionFolder on your PC, you need to save it under the \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative\MyMissionFolder on the DServer PC. If you open the .list file for your mission in a text editor, you can see where you need to place your mission. If you want to change the location, resave the mission to another folder (the .list file will change accordingly).

15 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Thanks Jim, I'm guessing this would be the same for PWCG. Files go into the same folder. So say I down loaded it from some one else, do I put it in rise of flight\data\multiplayer\cooperative\mymissionfolder? Also, Rise Of Flight comes with premade missions in Multiplayer Dogfight\Cooperative and comes with a premade SDS file, I go into the data\multiplayer\dogfight\cooperative folder and they aren't there, So where do they place it? 

I don't have PWCG (gasp!) so I'm not sure if your assumption is correct.

The built-in missions are hidden. If you want to edit them, you can try starting a mission in-game, close it, and then follow the procedure "Edit the Mission That You Just Played" in the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series editor manual (the IL-2 editor is based on the RoF one, so this may work the same in the RoF editor).

Edited by JimTM

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
5 hours ago, JimTM said:

I don't have PWCG (gasp!) so I'm not sure if your assumption is correct.

The built-in missions are hidden. If you want to edit them, you can try starting a mission in-game, close it, and then follow the procedure "Edit the Mission That You Just Played" in the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series editor manual (the IL-2 editor is based on the RoF one, so this may work the same in the RoF editor).

Oh so your the dude who made the pdf for the mission editor for il_2, cool, will be needing that soon, planning on an FC server soon. Thanks for that and helping out with ROF. Wish the rof dserver was as easy as il_2 Dserver. Think my problem right now is setting up the SDS file, I'm getting a mission not found, I have both the mission and SDS file in the same folder. I know in the SDS file I should have a line under rotation file" something something something" but not sure what goes there.

Oh and as far as I know the PWCG is saved as the same file as the mission editor files. so everything should go in the same way.

22 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Oh so your the dude who made the pdf for the mission editor for il_2, cool, will be needing that soon, planning on an FC server soon. Thanks for that and helping out with ROF. Wish the rof dserver was as easy as il_2 Dserver. Think my problem right now is setting up the SDS file, I'm getting a mission not found, I have both the mission and SDS file in the same folder. I know in the SDS file I should have a line under rotation file" something something something" but not sure what goes there.

Oh and as far as I know the PWCG is saved as the same file as the mission editor files. so everything should go in the same way.

Do you have file dedicated_config_coop.sds under your /data folder? That file has several lines for the RoF default cooperative missions. You can copy one line to your .sds file and edit it.

E.g., 

[rotation]
    random=false                   //true - Random order of missions rotation, false - Missions rotation order in accord with rotation list 
    delay=45000                    //Timeout for displaying mission results and statistics after mission end, in milliseconds

//To adjust your rotation order and content you may to change order of missions in the list or remove unrequired missions

file="Cooperative\MyMissionFileName1"         //Description for My Mission 1 in the rotation

file="Cooperative\MyMissionFileName2"         //Description for My Mission 2 in the rotation

[end]

Edited by JimTM

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
22 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Do you have file dedicated_config_coop.sds under your /data folder? That file has several lines for the RoF default cooperative missions. You can copy one line to your .sds file and edit it.

E.g., 

[rotation]
    random=false                   //true - Random order of missions rotation, false - Missions rotation order in accord with rotation list 
    delay=45000                    //Timeout for displaying mission results and statistics after mission end, in milliseconds

//To adjust your rotation order and content you may to change order of missions in the list or remove unrequired missions

file="Cooperative\MyMissionFileName1"         //Description for My Mission 1 in the rotation

file="Cooperative\MyMissionFileName2"         //Description for My Mission 2 in the rotation

[end]

I'm using one of the SDS files, deleted the missions in the SDS and replaced it with the new.

//Server Description
serverDesc="Dedicated Server Description<br />Here may be used:<br /><u>- Underlined text</u>,<br /><b>- Bold text</b>,<br /><b>- Italic "
serverDesc="text</b>,<br /><ul><li>List item 1</li><li>List item 2</li><li>List item 3</li></ul>Be attentive in using the tags.<br />Do n"
serverDesc="ot use more than 125 symbols per one description text variable. Use several variables to have a description which contains mo"
serverDesc="re than 125 symbols. In summary Server Description should not contains more than 3000 symbols."

[rotation]
    random=false                                                    //true - Random order of missions rotation, false - Missions rotation order in accord with rotation list 
    delay=45000                                                        //Timeout for displaying mission results and statistics after mission end, in milliseconds

//RoF default cooperative missions list
    file="Cooperative\test_1916-07-01"
                                //To add custom missions in rotation just add such string in rotation list in position where you want to see it, it should correspond with custom mission file name
[end]
 This is just a test mission so I can figure out how to work the Dserver. I have no problem running the server with the missions that come with the game, But just not this mission.

missions.png.07e64938efe63463bf7a206abec59d98.png

Change .sds line

to 

file="Cooperative\MyMissions\test_1916-07-01"

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

BINGO. so far so good. THANK YOU so much. I forgot to add MyMissions. Seems I'm having a port forward problem, I dmz'ed it worked so something is off in port forwarding. 

20 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Change .sds line

to 

file="Cooperative\MyMissions\test_1916-07-01"

1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

BINGO. so far so good. THANK YOU so much. I forgot to add MyMissions. Seems I'm having a port forward problem, I dmz'ed it worked so something is off in port forwarding. 

Great!

For various technical reasons, port forwarding seems to give some people no end of problems and other people no problems at all. I suggest that you do a Google search on the forum for port forwarding, e.g., search for

site:forum.il2sturmovik.com port forward

Edited by JimTM

On 11/7/2021 at 2:27 AM, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Seems I'm having a port forward problem, I dmz'ed it worked so something is off in port forwarding. 

If you still have trouble, you could post a screenshot of your router's port-forwarding page.

Also ensure that your firewall allows Internet access to RoF's dserver.exe

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

Thank Cynic_Al. I'm getting the dreaded 10019 when others try to join. I get in OK. I have the fire wall to let IL-2 and ROF through. I disabled DMZ and the others could join then but that's something I really don't want to do too often. Been trying both IL-2 and ROF, not working. I tried DCS and that works fine. 

ports.jpg

=BLW=Dantas

Hi! I received the invitation to join a squad I accepted the invitation but the finnish doesn't seem to recognize me as an active member of the squad.

Captura de Tela (46).png

Captura de Tela (45).png

Edited by =BLW=Dantas

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
6 hours ago, =BLW=Dantas said:

Hi! I received the invitation to join a squad I accepted the invitation but the finnish doesn't seem to recognize me as an active member of the squad.

Captura de Tela (46).png

Captura de Tela (45).png

First you should ask your squad leader for a registration key and also you would get more reply's if you started your own thread. Good luck and hope to shoot you down sometime 🙂 

9 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Thank Cynic_Al. I'm getting the dreaded 10019 when others try to join. I get in OK. I have the fire wall to let IL-2 and ROF through. I disabled DMZ and the others could join then but that's something I really don't want to do too often. Been trying both IL-2 and ROF, not working. I tried DCS and that works fine. 

ports.jpg

It's been awhile since I messed with this, but try:

Port Range                        Protocol

28000-28000                TCP/UDP

28100-28100                 UDP

Also, make sure that the local IP address is the IP address of your DServer PC.

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
3 minutes ago, JimTM said:

It's been awhile since I messed with this, but try:

Port Range                        Protocol

28000-28000                TCP/UDP

28100-28100                 UDP

Also, make sure that the local IP address is the IP address of your DServer PC.

Thought the port rang had to be at least 1 higher like.

28000-28001 tcp

didn't think upd had a port range, Maybe that's where I went wrong.

My ip addy is the same, I erased it from the jpeg, Heard your not suppose to let others see it but I could be wrong and just being paranoid 🤫

1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Thought the port rang had to be at least 1 higher like.

28000-28001 tcp

didn't think upd had a port range, Maybe that's where I went wrong.

My ip addy is the same, I erased it from the jpeg, Heard your not suppose to let others see it but I could be wrong and just being paranoid 🤫

My router port-forwarding interface is labeled "Public Port Range" and "Private Port Range" so I specified the ranges I gave above and it worked.

If you want to check your IP, do the following:

1. Type "Cmd" in the Windows search box and press Enter.
    A command window opens.
2. In the command window, type "ipconfig" and press Enter.
    The "IPv4 Address" line gives the DServer IP address.

It's a good idea to hide IP addresses.

Edited by JimTM

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
2 hours ago, JimTM said:

My router port-forwarding interface is labeled "Public Port Range" and "Private Port Range" so I specified the ranges I gave above and it worked.

If you want to check your IP, do the following:

1. Type "Cmd" in the Windows search box and press Enter.
    A command window opens.
2. In the command window, type "ipconfig" and press Enter.
    The "IPv4 Address" line gives the DServer IP address.

It's a good idea to hide IP addresses.

Thanks so much for your help, If there's any thing I can help you with just let me know. If you want to run an event or something, Just bought a server to do some our flight sim events/coop. Not the best but should do OK, quad 4ghz xeon with 16 gigs of ram, probably will need more down the road with one 500 gig ssd, Thing is loud though, sounds like a jet. Will have to build a sound box of some sort. Internet is 1 gig down and 150 up which should be fine. 

Anyway did as you suggested and now I just have to wait for the other to come on and see if they can get on. Will keep you posted. 

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
8 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Glad to help W_M_Thomson. Thanks for offering server time. 

Good luck.

Got it to work finally, 

28000-28001 tcp

28100-28101 udp. whew what a nightmare lol. 

should work for il-2 as well.

Don't be afraid to use the offer, You helped me alot.

• Thanks 1

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

OK this is driving me nut. 

I have this and my mission file as well as my msbin file all save in the multiplayer\cooperative\mymission folder.

Peter_McIntosh_1916-07-01.txtPeter_McIntosh_1916-07-01.txtPeter_McIntosh_1916-07-01.txtPeter_McIntosh_1916-07-01.txt

I keep getting !!!error: mission not found

!!! ERROR couldn't load mission multiplayer\cooperative\peter_Mcintosh_1916-07-01     

Is there any other files I'm missing. Did I do something wrong?

Edited by NO.20_W_M_Thomson

A few things to look at:

- The error message above is missing \My_mission from the directory path but your .sds includes it. Check the directory specified in your mission .list file and make sure the mission is saved there on the DServer and that your .sds "file" line specifies the same directory. FYI, you can save missions in other directories under cooperative; you don't have to call it "My_mission" if you don't want to.

- You need the line [rotation] before the "file" line in your .sds., that is:

[rotation]

file=...

[end]

- In your .sds "file" line, remove the space before the closing quote.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

NO.20_W_M_Thomson

Sent you a pm before seeing this, will check what you mentioned. Thanks.