Query about 'External Third Person View'.

FurphyForum

Hey guys, hope some one can help with my query.

When I enable 'External View' from the cockpit, I can never get a view from the 6 o'clock position, ie directly behind the AC looking forward. Initially when I key the switch, the external view always places my view looking at the AC from the portside at the 8 o'clock position. If I complete a 3200 mils (180'd) turn and then go back to the 'External View' then I be looking at the AC from the starboard side at the 2 o'clock position - I think you get what I am conveying.

When I look at the control options for IL2 GB this is fixed in Controls by using the key binds 'Rotate Camera up/down' and  'Rotate Camera left/right or in ROF it's 'Camera pitch' or 'Camera yaw'.

Soooo....just to confirm (have mercy on me if I haven't set them in CLoD) what are the key binds if at all that is my issue?

Now I understand that if I enter F8, I WILL get a  6 o'clock position, ie directly behind the AC looking forward, and I shouldn't be able to pan around, and no this is not enabled.

I use the BB cap reflector for 'Track IR5', whether it be on pause or not, turned on or off makes no difference to the question.

Look Fwd to your solutions. :dash:

17 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Hey guys, hope some one can help with my query.

When I enable 'External View' from the cockpit, I can never get a view from the 6 o'clock position, ie directly behind the AC looking forward. Initially when I key the switch, the external view always places my view looking at the AC from the portside at the 8 o'clock position. If I complete a 3200 mils (180'd) turn and then go back to the 'External View' then I be looking at the AC from the starboard side at the 2 o'clock position - I think you get what I am conveying.

When I look at the control options for IL2 GB this is fixed in Controls by using the key binds 'Rotate Camera up/down' and  'Rotate Camera left/right or in ROF it's 'Camera pitch' or 'Camera yaw'.

Soooo....just to confirm (have mercy on me if I haven't set them in CLoD) what are the key binds if at all that is my issue?

Now I understand that if I enter F8, I WILL get a  6 o'clock position, ie directly behind the AC looking forward, and I shouldn't be able to pan around, and no this is not enabled.

I use the BB cap reflector for 'Track IR5', whether it be on pause or not, turned on or off makes no difference to the question.

Look Fwd to your solutions. :dash:

So I assume you are wanting to fly the aircraft from the external view position and therefore are negatively affected by having to go through a number of steps when going external before you are on the six o'clock position.

The game was designed with realism in mind, and to have the pilot view/fly from the cockpit... therefore the option to allow flying from the external six o'clock position, as was seen in many Flight Sims previously, (for example RED BARON 3D, EUROPEAN AIR WAR, etc.) is not available as a go to.

And as you say, you don't have the option to use mouse view to look around.

It is possible TF could create an option for the player to go directly to this view position, but it would require some time and with our other focuses, it is not a high priority at this time.

I will put this on our list of 'Features to Enable', but can't guarantee when/if it might be enabled.

3 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

So I assume you are wanting to fly the aircraft from the external view position and therefore are negatively affected by having to go through a number of steps when going external before you are on the six o'clock position.

The game was designed with realism in mind, and to have the pilot view/fly from the cockpit... therefore the option to allow flying from the external six o'clock position, as was seen in many Flight Sims previously, (for example RED BARON 3D, EUROPEAN AIR WAR, etc.) is not available as a go to.

Oh no, no I don't want to fly the plane in a 'Third person view' at all (otherwise I'd be playing those other two arcade games), and the likes of the games that you indicated and so I am very happy with how the game was designed with the realism in mind.

3 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

And as you say, you don't have the option to use mouse view to look around.

No, I was just stating by confirmation, that I understand that this happens when F8 is selected, not, that by game default it is disabled and can you (Task Force) please enable it. 

So my query still stands: When I select External View that I have mapped to my Joystick, I never get a Directly behind the AC external view, its always off to one side. Was this/ is this intended ? Or is there a problem from my side?

I hope I'm not being a PITA. :thank_you: