Difference between tanks "block"/"vehicles"

ITAF_Airone1989

ITAF_Airone1989

Hi guys,

A question:

I know there is some difference between static tanks and vehicles tanks (if I'm correct, even the damages work differently).

But, taking about server load, I'm curious to know if putting 60 static tanks linked as entities is the same or not as 60 vehicle tanks...

They don't have to do any action, just stand to wait to be destroyed

Jaegermeister

Complex vehicles utilize the most resources in a mission. They are like planes. More than about 30 in one mission and you will start to get time dilation or "lag" just from having them active. Those are the vehicles you can occupy as a player.

Simple vehicles use less resources, but much more than static objects.

Static objects use very little resources, but obviously don't move, shoot or do anything but occupy space. You can have hundreds of these without issues. Some have damage  models, others do not.

• Thanks 1

Alfaunostebas11

Completing and integrating the question of ITAF_Airone1989, I ask if the destruction of static objects by the player's plane is possible, as for "complex" vehicles, or not?

And if so, does it increase the number of "kills" in the stats at the end of the mission? I believe not and that therefore the static have only an aesthetic value, filling the scenario.

Edited by Alfaunostebas11

ITAF_Airone1989
13 minutes ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Completing and integrating the question of ITAF_Airone1989, I ask if the destruction of static objects by the player's plane is possible, as for "complex" vehicles, or not?

And if so, does it increase the number of "kills" in the stats at the end of the mission? I believe not and that therefore the static have only an aesthetic value, filling the scenario.

They do, but you have to link them as entities.

Alfaunostebas11
5 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

They do, but you have to link them as entities.

Hmmm... I was hoping it was so ... but I don't think so. I just tried 5 minutes ago to shoot dozens of shots with my Bf-110 at a static Truck (linked entity) but I don't even scratch it ... at least apparently it's intact. Nor does it appear as a kill in the statistics. Maybe I'm wrong ... but try it too ...

ITAF_Airone1989
4 minutes ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Hmmm... I was hoping it was so ... but I don't think so. I just tried 5 minutes ago to shoot dozens of shots with my Bf-110 at a static Truck (linked entity) but I don't even scratch it ... at least apparently it's intact. Nor does it appear as a kill in the statistics. Maybe I'm wrong ... but try it too ...

It works for sure, cause I already used it.

The problem is that you have to decrease the "durability" of the static object.

Default value it's 20000 (if I remember correctly), the truck value should be set on 1500.

Alfaunostebas11

Ah ... I have not tried this, but now that I remember, I have already experienced something like this in the past, without ever having needed to apply it.

Of course, by default they seem indestructible. However, if one, every time he creates a mission, has to decrease the level of "durability" for a dozen objects (unless they are identical and can be copied ...), that's not a very nice thing (sic)!

However good to know ... but I believe that the problem of non-inclusion in the statistics remains ... or not?

EDITED. I  have tried with a durability of 5000 for the truck. At the second pass I set it on fire and the shot was marked in the stats, too! Woow ...

At this point a main difference seems to be in the fact that the Static, unlike the Vehicle, is not lockable and therefore much more difficult to identify. Also I believe that the player-leader cannot order the wingman to attack him ...  

Edited by Alfaunostebas11

AEthelraedUnraed
14 hours ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

I believe that the problem of non-inclusion in the statistics remains ... or not?

They will show up in the statistics, as long as they are linked objects.

That said, I would like to kindly point out the forum rules (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3-forum-rules-v104/)

11. It is prohibited to write your entire message in large or capitalized letters (except for abbreviations and other reasonable usage). Moderators have the right to remove a thread / post, regardless of its relevance, viewership and other factors.

Please write your posts in normal-sized letters. It much improves readability.

I suspect the large font of your posts may be caused by copy-pasting from Google Translate or a similar service. In this case you can restore the original formatting by selecting the text and then clicking the "Remove Format" button in the top bar:

removeformat.png.31cd11080e0b5104acc89015c640c724.png

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed

Alfaunostebas11

Hi, AEthelraedUnraed.

I have tried some missions and I had the pleasant to discovery that, in fact, not only are counted in the stats, but it is also possible to give orders to the wingmen to attack linked objects. Even the Counters trigger take this into account and therefore an attack action can be used to achieve a goal linked to the number of objects destroyed. Probably what I say is normal for many, but I had never explored these situations before and therefore I am favorably impressed. I believe using many block linked entities instead of stationary vehicles can be useful to save resources in the construction of missions.

As for the size of the characters, you understand perfectly that it depends by Google Translate. So I'll use the standard format, doing as you suggested ...

AEthelraedUnraed
On 9/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, Alfaunostebas11 said:

I have tried some missions and I had the pleasant to discovery that, in fact, not only are counted in the stats, but it is also possible to give orders to the wingmen to attack linked objects. Even the Counters trigger take this into account and therefore an attack action can be used to achieve a goal linked to the number of objects destroyed. Probably what I say is normal for many, but I had never explored these situations before and therefore I am favorably impressed. I believe using many block linked entities instead of stationary vehicles can be useful to save resources in the construction of missions.

Absolutely. It's indeed very important to use as many static objects as you can. Basically, everything that doesn't move and doesn't need an exact damage model should be a static object.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, Alfaunostebas11 said:

As for the size of the characters, you understand perfectly that it depends by Google Translate. So I'll use the standard format, doing as you suggested ...

No problem. Thanks for adjusting the size, it looks much more readable now :)