Tank Crew needs an update .

KoN_

Some very strange behavior going on with strange damage . 

Tiger tank takes one hit moves and then Explodes 5 mins later , No hits during this time . ??

Panther one hit instant death . ??

Some very odd hit damage . 

Also invisible damage while moving through wood lines . 

Static T34 wont die  under cam nets . ?? 

Static Anti-tank gun fires through sand banks and bunkers hitting moving tank , impossible due too gun muzzle in bunker . ??

Edited by KoN_
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

DBFlyguy

Get to the back of the line sir! The WWII and WWI flyboys were here first with concrete tails, glass P-47s, whimpy .50s, break away wings and nuclear AP. You land whales can wait another year and a half for "time and resources" like everyone else 🙄😂

MRW someone cuts in line but its pretzel day - GIF on Imgur

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

AEthelraedUnraed
20 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Some very strange behavior going on with strange damage . 

Tiger tank takes one hit moves and then Explodes 5 mins later , No hits during this time . ??

Panther one hit instant death . ??

Some very odd hit damage . 

Also invisible damage while moving through wood lines . 

Static T34 wont die  under cam nets . ?? 

Static Anti-tank gun fires through sand banks and bunkers hitting moving tank , impossible due too gun muzzle in bunker . ??

- Please explain "strange behaviour" and "strange damage". Or do you mean the things you detail below?

- Please provide a track file so that the Devs can see what's going on. These things mean nothing without a track file to analyse.

- And why would this not be possible?

- Very odd damage is very odd indeed. Perhaps it would be somewhat less odd if you give more details?

- Might be the invisible tree bug, but again, please provide a track file.

- This is a mission design problem. This has nothing to do with the game. You should bring this up with the mission designer.

- Again sounds like mission design. Please discuss this with the mission designer, not the Devs.

Tank Crew could certainly do with an update, but I don't think any of those points qualifies. To be frank, I don't think most of your points are bugs at all.

• Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson

Panther can easily be killed if it is hit from the flank.  Side armor is thin.  Sherman 75mm will penetrate it without problem.

Is it possible that the Tiger was set on fire and it took awhile for the ammo to cook off?  Are you 100% sure it was not hit again?

There are oddities around units firing through objects.  

As stated above, if you can post the mission or provide a video it will go a long way towards demonstrating your concerns.

AEthelraedUnraed
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Panther can easily be killed if it is hit from the flank.  Side armor is thin.  Sherman 75mm will penetrate it without problem.

I'd like to add that with tanks, most kills are "one hit instant death", as in that a shell either does lethal damage or barely any damage at all. Tanks don't have a fragile wing structure that progressively weakens with every bullet that hits it, until after a lot of bullets it's weakened too much and collapses. A shell can either penetrate, or not penetrate. If you only die on the 10th shell, it just means that you've been lucky the 9 hits before.

(Sure, a non-penetrating hit will weaken the armour locally, but the keyword here is locally. What's the chance of another shell hitting the exact same point?)

PatrickAWlson
34 minutes ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

(Sure, a non-penetrating hit will weaken the armour locally, but the keyword here is locally. What's the chance of another shell hitting the exact same point?)

I have heard of cases where repeated non-penetrating hits start cracking weld joints.  Most of the cases were Tigers and Panthers getting pounded from the front.  In those cases the armor is basically up to snuff but the tank is being pummeled into submission.  Pretty rare though.  Like you said, if it penetrates then the crew's day is usually ruined.  If not, there's spalling. but mostly the crew is OK.

1 hour ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

I'd like to add that with tanks, most kills are "one hit instant death", as in that a shell either does lethal damage or barely any damage at all. Tanks don't have a fragile wing structure that progressively weakens with every bullet that hits it, until after a lot of bullets it's weakened too much and collapses. A shell can either penetrate, or not penetrate. If you only die on the 10th shell, it just means that you've been lucky the 9 hits before.

Likewise, there's an old US Army adage that says, "If you can be seen you can be hit. If you are hit, you are dead."

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think TC2 will be announced at the end of the year and therefore we will have more attention for our tanks, I would not mind an update in the meantime.
Some examples of what I would like to see adjusted/corrected/added (doesn't seem to be a big request, but I'm not a developer)

-Shadows correction
-Model the shells in 3D, because having just a yellow/orange line, it looks ugly on the replays especially since after a while the tracer disappears.
Currently, I think there is only one type of shell to model in 3D.
Increase the animation speed to equip/un-equip the binoculars.
-Let a single key be used to take out and put away the binoculars.

(the following concerns Il-2 in general)

-In the replays, add a "previous" function to avoid having to go around all the units since there is only "next unit" currently available.
-In the replays, add a "Next/previous player" function to avoid scrolling through the AI units.

-Add a "favorites" function for multiplayer servers.
-Add an "Information" tab when you click on a server in the list to know its configuration (spectator view allowed; yes/no, friendly fire: yes/no, etc) without having to log in.

AEthelraedUnraed
6 hours ago, No_Face said:

-Shadows correction

Ehm, is there a problem with shadows?

6 hours ago, No_Face said:

-Model the shells in 3D, because having just a yellow/orange line, it looks ugly on the replays especially since after a while the tracer disappears

They are modelled in 3d...

17 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Ehm yes, I let you notice the problem on the second screenshot. :

20210915160152_1.thumb.jpg.2a61f559b2b920ee712ec61b12159fa0.jpg

20210915160156_1.thumb.jpg.8bd1e549ded893e974766e02ba52127b.jpg

They are modelled in 3d...

Only for shells without tracer...

20210915160053_1.thumb.jpg.c6e5f6e4a31d1cf33186d1609eebb81a.jpg

20210915155816_1.thumb.jpg.3a43431a7d188ac7ea0925029b73ceea.jpg

I don't think the second screenshot shows a 3D modeled shell.

I would also like the turret to stop moving sideways when starting the tank.

I would also like the views and zoom to remain "locked" when moving from one position to another.

Yea, but it is being kept in the dark. 🙂

• Haha 2

In the data sheet of the tanks, add the maximum temperature of the oil.

Make the gear limiter "intelligent" so that it stays in the green zone (RPM). Currently, apart from overheating the engine, it is useless.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2021 at 9:09 PM, DBFlyguy said:

Get to the back of the line sir! The WWII and WWI flyboys were here first with concrete tails, glass P-47s, whimpy .50s, break away wings and nuclear AP. You land whales can wait another year and a half for "time and resources" like everyone else 🙄😂

No, the WW1 flyboys can wait another year and a half for FC3.

Save for the 2 collector planes, we can already fly the FC planes in Rise of Flight and over the same map(s) and have the same, if not very similar, experience; there's also Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II, which is much better in many aspects than RoF and FC.

For Tank Crew, what other tank sim has tanks and their cockpits modelled to this level of detail? None. All other tank sims are either arcade games or have the same level of detail as IL-2 Sturmovik (2001).

TC is the best tank sim ever made and the devs should do TC2 and TC3 (my choices would be Battle of the Bulge and the Falaise Pocket or El Alamein) before doing FC3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Enceladus said:

For Tank Crew, what other tank sim has tanks and their cockpits modelled to this level of detail? None. All other tank sims are either arcade games or have the same level of detail as IL-2 Sturmovik (2001).

TC is the best tank sim ever made and the devs should do TC2 and TC3 (my choices would be Battle of the Bulge and the Falaise Pocket or El Alamein) before doing FC3.

No One Cares Spotlight GIF - No One Cares Spotlight - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, Enceladus said:

No, the WW1 flyboys can wait another year and a half for FC3.

Save for the 2 collector planes, we can already fly the FC planes in Rise of Flight and over the same map(s) and have the same, if not very similar, experience; there's also Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II, which is much better in many aspects than RoF and FC.

Pretty sure it is different subcontractors doing FC and TC.  If that statement is accurate then each has pretty little to do with the other.  Continued development of both FC and TC is going to be decided by the sales of each and not one vs the other.

-Add free look, so we can look at the instruments around us without moving our weapons.

-Fix the "blood transfer". When your tank commander (for example) has his head out and gets wounded, bloodstains appear on the screen but when you change positions, we still have the bloodstains, this is not logical.

• Upvote 1

[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
2 minutes ago, No_Face said:

-Add free look, so we can look at the instruments around us without moving our weapons.

-Fix the "blood transfer". When your tank commander (for example) has his head out and gets wounded, bloodstains appear on the screen but when you change positions, we still have the bloodstains, this is not logical.

The free look is in the sim already. Use joystick turret control to make your wish come true!