Game version 4.603 discussion: Sd.Kfz. 10/5, Airco D.H.4, SPAD VII.C1, Pfalz D.XII, Steel Birds, Hs 129 B-2 in 4K

Han

• 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

IL-2 team reports that the new update 4.603 is released. It's a significant one for Flying Circus Vol.II - three airplanes are added to the Early Access program of this project at once.

Also in this update is the long-awaited Collector Vehicle - German AA half-track Sd.Kfz.10/5. It was an interesting experience to develop: this is the first player controllable half-truck chassis in our sim. A lot of work went into ballistics data and other ammo parameters research. Our partners at Digital Forms did a stellar job at references research and creation of the 3D model and myriad of its parts based on them.

Oyster_KAI improved all Flying Circus aircraft cockpits (both Vol.I and Vol.II) and Martin =ICDP= Catney created 4K quality external textures for the German Collector Plane Hs 129 B-2.

And finally, Alexander =BlackSix= Timoshkov finished his new campaign "Steel Birds" about Fw 190 A-5 missions over the Kuban and it is available in the game now (you can get it on our website if you haven't done so already).

Meanwhile, the work on Marshal multiplayer mode, fuel systems and drop tanks, environment graphics, Normandy and Western Front WW1 maps continues and we hope to show you the results sooner than later. This update contains many changes in addition to mentioned above:

News on 4.603 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

• Han pinned this topic

First

Thank you very much to the team - will test it immediately

Edited by Fisheye

=621=Samikatz

Let's goooooo

Eager to get my hands on that DH4, just waiting for the update to appear on Steam

• 1CGS
Sneaksie
4 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

just waiting for the update to appear on Steam

It's there, check the downloads section in case Steam scheduled it for a convenient time like 3AM.

• Haha 3

=621=Samikatz
Just now, Sneaksie said:

It's there, check the downloads section in case Steam scheduled it for a convenient time like 3AM.

Had to restart Steam to get it to show up, downloading now!

Thanks for a great job, and i still dream about i'm said thanks for lovely StuG🙃

• Upvote 1

itsbillyfrazier

I'm excited to try out the new additions to the sim but also great news about Oyster_Kai updating the FC cockpits to 4k and IDCP updating the the external textures for the Duck. Big respect to the rest of the team for the more subtle improvements and to those doing the less sexy work of fixing bugs etc.

Great work guys, much appreciated.  👍

FTC_Mephisto

Anybody knows if this patch breaks the tracks? Can I playback tracks from the pervious version after this patch? 

Edited by FTC_Mephisto

ChauveViking

It's great thanks, too bad I was expecting to see the drop tanks (literally) but it's invisible (it's available on the G6 late)

2021_8_11__16_15_25.png.0e040fd569522f9faa7674cb8c74eaa9.png

SYN_Vander

Great update for Flying Circus! I have updated my mission generator with the new aircraft now available from FC Vol.2:

Version 52

-Added some more airfields for Arras template

-Added Spad VII early

-Added D.H.4

-Added Pfalz D.XII

-Removed WW2 AA guns from trains for WW1 scenarios

-Fixed accidently deleted villages in Arras template by Hamaha15

-Removed Radar objective available on Arras map

-Fixed incorrect (off center, not orientated) placement of objectives

Download here: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg

10 minutes ago, ChauveViking said:

It's great thanks, too bad I was expecting to see the drop tanks (literally) but it's invisible (it's available on the G6 late)

Please check release notes. It's not ready yet.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

[APAF]VR_Spartan85

Shut the front door…. What happened to the day or two wait!!?

thank you!!!

About the career mode improvements, will AI ground attackers use their bombs on the intended target instead of AAA?

I'm tired of seeing my teammates spend all their MG ammo on KV-1s or buildings...

E69_Cananas

Please, note that the German AA half-track Sd.Kfz.10/5. comes also with 5 individual missions!!!

Edited by E69_Cananas
  • Upvote 3

[F.Circus]sith1144

anyone else finding they can see "around" the ww1 gunsights in VR with this patch? Im not sure if its new, but if it is its probably a bug

After this download, the first 4 (firing) buttons on my Trusthmaster 16000m were not responding. Had to remap. other keys/buttons were fine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

=gRiJ=Roman-

The new naval graphic effects give some hope of an aeronaval new expansion!

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

QB.Creep

@Han Thanks for the update! Can you please elaborate on the following:

11. Adjusted the maximum wing lift of the Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib. The flight model of the aircraft was reconfigured in such a way that most of the flight characteristics of the aircraft (speed, rate of climb, control stick balancing positions, roll angular velocities) practically did not change;

Was the lift increased or decreased? What was the catalyst for this change? Any word on the unusual rolling tendency?

• Upvote 1

RNAS10_Oliver

Thanks for the update. The DH4 looks great. Though shame the clear vision panels were not added, that wing is rather limiting when in combat.

I've got some funky-ness going on with some user interface parts becoming semi-transparent after running the update.

No fairing for the camera seems to be added when you choose that modification?

image.png.12bafde7f16410eb09ba86ffa091769e.png

image.png.4b179de186d40cb44a9a6e2091de7738.png

Edited by RNAS10_Oliver

12 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Ermagrd!  Holy unexpected update Batman!  I thought we were delayed!?

I think some of the recent threads that contained Star Trek references have paid off. Make the delay seem longer than expected then drop the update unexpectedly. Scotty would be proud.

Looks like an excellent update. Eager to try it out tonight. Thx team. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

RNAS10_Oliver
9 minutes ago, Cleo9 said:

After this download, the first 4 (firing) buttons on my Trusthmaster 16000m were not responding. Had to remap. other keys/buttons were fine

Likewise. Although my "fire all" still does not seem to work.

• Like 2

The new dive-bombing mechanism in action in career mode (this was recorded in a late beta version, but it shouldn't be changed in the release version):

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

The DH4 is a really interesting plane. Definitely going to need some time to get the best out of it.

I do seem to be getting an odd stuttering in the guns when I fire. I'll need to do more testing to figure out what, if anything, is actually going on there. 

3 minutes ago, Rjel said:

I think some of the recent threads that contained Star Trek references have paid off. Make the delay seem longer than expected then drop the update unexpectedly. Scotty would be proud.

Looks like an excellent update. Eager to try it out tonight. Thx team. 

As I understand it, they ended up delaying the drop tanks and releasing the rest of the patch without them. 

LuseKofte

Great!

I guess I am tagged by the vaccine after all.

Moment I leave the house a update happen.

Steelbirds or FC 2 rough choice I have time to make

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

The DH4 is a really interesting plane. Definitely going to need some time to get the best out of it.

I do seem to be getting an odd stuttering in the guns when I fire. I'll need to do more testing to figure out what, if anything, is actually going on there. 

As I understand it, they ended up delaying the drop tanks and releasing the rest of the patch without them. 

It wasn’t meant as a criticism. 

Manstein16

Nice to see the duck get some love! 👍

Edited by Manstein16

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

It wasn’t meant as a criticism. 

Wasn't meant as a criticism either. I think it merged posts my. Was just saying what I'd heard about the patch delay reduction.

Given the relative impacts of the changes, I think it was a good call too. 

• Upvote 1

• DD_Friar changed the title to Any Release Notes for Patch that has just updated? (18/08) Located