Please do stabilization for Binoculars

YoYo

I finally started to play TC, in VR it looks great but the binoculars shake a lot (even if we are stopping). Can You do something with this? Something like Stabilizator for binoculars in VR mode?

I see few similar topic here and everyone here is right that it should be done.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
PB0_Foxy

I agree.
The magnification is very powerful but even very small head movement make it unusable

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[APAF]VR_Spartan85

Omg,,, yes, the binoculars are sooooo shaky 

honestly.. I end up holding my headset like binoculars to help keep them steady… helps :)   The only thing is I don’t have reference to a compass while in the view…

• Upvote 1

@YoYo I dont know what you can do in VR but to get round this same problem using TrackIR I have a button mapped to pause head tracking when I bring up the binoculars and then use the mouse to look around. Works a treat. Is there an option similar for VR?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

@YoYo I dont know what you can do in VR but to get round this same problem using TrackIR I have a button mapped to pause head tracking when I bring up the binoculars and then use the mouse to look around. Works a treat. Is there an option similar for VR?

Perhaps its a problem of ZOOM in full aspect so not only picture is increased (only) but all things like movements (are increased too) I suppose.

Edited by YoYo

• 2 weeks later...
Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

I have also noticed this issue, if the DEVS tested what we are commenting on they would realize what we are talking about and unstable that they are for VR, if they know this problem I hope that in the future it will solve it. 

WIS-Redcoat
On 9/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, YoYo said:

Perhaps its a problem of ZOOM in full aspect so not only picture is increased (only) but all things like movements (are increased too) I suppose.

No, use VR and go into a bombsight view…. It’s perfect.  It’s somthing about the nature of the view that is making this a shaky mess

3 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

No, use VR and go into a bombsight view…. It’s perfect.  It’s somthing about the nature of the view that is making this a shaky mess

Ahh right! So its possible to do this.

savagebeest

I'm having a problem where when I press the button (hotas) to bring out the binoculars, when I press the button again it will not store the binoculars.  I have to switch seats and return to commander position and itll be stowed away.  

• 3 weeks later...

I think the problem is really the fidelity of the headset tracking. If you took a screen capture the uncropped VR view and then cropped the video in the match the zoom of the binoculars it would be jiggling all over the place in the exact same way.

Some headsets will be much worse than other in this respect, I can imagine that inside out tracked headsets would have more issue with this then lighthouse tracked systems.

Either way, it's not something that a user can fix on their end.

I agree, there needs to be some filtering of the motion on the binocular view. Even if it was like a "hold breath of steady" button that you hold down while you're trying to focus. But in reality, someone holding binoculars would be stabilising it with their hands on both sides and possibly even with elbows on the tank for more stability.

The fear would be that the filtering would create a latency or lag in the head tracking which might cause motion sickness.