fighter versus fighter glitch

pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Is there any reason that the single player missions where I use the multi plane versus multi plane format and choose to fly a fighter versus any fighter or ground attack plane 

that this set up makes MY fighter plane a sluggish piece of crap and the fighter or ground attack plane turns into a super powered manouverable machine from hell?

I mean if i fly any 109 or 190 or 110 in the multi plane set up, MY plane behaves sluggishly, sort of like i had a damaged engine or jammed aileron rods.  BUT anything i fly against has the speed and manuevering of a me 262.

SO FAR the only thing i can survive more then 3 minutes in are russian fighters, and those seem to be the only ones i can move around and have any chance of getting on target with.  It ridiculous.  But when i fly a campaign or try career, i can actually get HITS on an enemy fighter, and can actually kill them. 

In some ways its like the single player fighter versus fighter puts the game into a "sluggish running on a system without enough ram" and career and campaigns put the game into "hey, im playing CLOD Blitz on a system with twice the ideal system resources".

I dont quiet understand the physics of what is happening other then what i am seeing, and from what i can tell career and campaign is more demanding on the system then single player is..

• Haha 7

von_Tom

Check the settings to make sure you don’t have easy engine settings enabled. 

Apart from that, all of what you say suggests it’s all a problem at your end, not the game. 

von Tom

pocketshaver

why would using easy engine mode let me fly a mustang, 109 G14, and have them perform like butterflies,  but the moment i do a fighter versus fighter visit in single player, turn MY plane into a flying brick that a C 47 could out perform?  Or that suddenly a plane like a 110 that doesnt do TOO well in manoevering for ME, suddenly turns into a D. VIII in agility?

But yes the easy engine is partly to blame in some ways, the auto throttle definitely blows against fighters

1 hour ago, pocketshaver said:

why would using easy engine mode let me fly a mustang, 109 G14, and have them perform like butterflies,  but the moment i do a fighter versus fighter visit in single player, turn MY plane into a flying brick that a C 47 could out perform?  Or that suddenly a plane like a 110 that doesnt do TOO well in manoevering for ME, suddenly turns into a D. VIII in agility?

But yes the easy engine is partly to blame in some ways, the auto throttle definitely blows against fighters

Dude, it's entirely an issue on your end. Follow the advice @von_Tom gave you. 

• Upvote 2

von_Tom
2 hours ago, pocketshaver said:

Because you have different difficulty settings in campaign or QMB.

von Tom

pocketshaver

interesting, the system says easy engine management and auto throttle is active in the campaigns, and things are great like in cliffs of dover blitz,  but in the multiple plane on plane set up in quick mission my plane turns into a flying brick.

pocketshaver

cruise control truly was half the problem...  auto throttle as well. But man, the plane seems more agile now but oddly something curious

boosted mode/ emergency mode for e7 and a5/8 is almost the same percentage of throttle to stay in combat mode and not go into emergency modes,, 85%.  

Although its strange the spawn starts the round with the engine at 100% in emergency mode.

41Sqn_Skipper

In career mode the longer flight times to the combat area mean your fuel tank is only 50-75% full during combat.

Check your loadout in QMB, it might be 100% full. 

• Upvote 1

pocketshaver

im flying at 45-51% fuel load.   

Even with the cruse control and auto throttle off, if i dont get the 110 on the first head to head pass, its just lots of turn and burn shooting at each other and NO hits on anyone.