'Object Undefined' Causes CTD

Mike2945

Mike2945

Whilst flying the 'Panzerknacker' campaign with the Hs129 I have hit a problem - 5 minutes into mission 8 I get a CTD with the message:

'Object undefined

Luascripts\worlsobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt'

I have also had the same problem with some single missions flying the Hs129.

So far I have uninstalled all Mods, and checked the integrity of my game files (twice) with Steam, but I still have the problem.  I have looked in 'Luascripts' in my game folder but cannot find any reference to 'shells' - there are entries for 'explosions' etc but no 'shells'.   I've now run out of ideas - can anyone help with suggestions please?

Mike

• Thanks 1

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus

@Mike2945, is this a custom company? I didn't find it in the official campaigns. I need the mission itself for the test.

Mike2945

Hi -DED-Rapidus,

Thanks for the reply and looking into this.  This is a community developed campaign, attached.  I've resaved it (twice) and tested the integrity of the game files, and uninstalled all Mods, but Mission 8 is sitll crashing the game.  I've just re-flown Mission 1 which was fine, so the problem seems to be restricted to Mission 8 (possibly later ones too, but of course I can't try those without successfully completing No. 8.    What I find strange is that I cannot find a file  labelled  Luascripts\worlsobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt' anywhere in the campaign files or in my game folders, so not sure where or why it is being picked up as 'undefined'.

Mike

335th_GRFirdimigdi
11 hours ago, Mike2945 said:

What I find strange is that I cannot find a file  labelled  Luascripts\worlsobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt' anywhere in the campaign files or in my game folders, so not sure where or why it is being picked up as 'undefined'.

Mike

You wouldn't find those as they are packaged inside the game's .gtp files. However in the name one can see the cause of this: there is a typo in the reference, instead of worldobjects the path reads worlsobjects. I don't know if this is something the mission creator references manually and thus made the typo, or if it's the game looking up the explosion for a specific type of ammunition.

Mike2945

Sorry - my typo!  the undefined object is Luascripts\worldobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt.  Where do I find the game's gtp files? If that line can be deleted then presumably it can't be 'undefined' during a mission?  :

• 4 weeks later...
Mike2945

So this problem has now appeared whilst flying 'Albert's Life' so clearly not related to campaign files, and its something in my own game files.  However I cannot locate that file which is undefined!  It doesn't seem to be anywhere.  I've checked the game integrity and removed all Mods - I've no idea where this Luascripts\worldobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt might be.  If I could locate it somewhere it would be possible to delete it and hopefully solve the problem.  And what exactly does 'object undefined' mean? Is there a way of defining it so the error doesn't occur?

Mike

335th_GRFirdimigdi
1 hour ago, Mike2945 said:

Luascripts\worldobjects\explosions\shells\he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt might be.  If I could locate it somewhere it would be possible to delete it and hopefully solve the problem.  And what exactly does 'object undefined' mean?

Your problem is not to find it and delete it, it's that this file doesn't exist. If these campaigns were made with previous versions of the game it's likely that that file isn't inside the game's data\Scripts.gtp (which sounds like a likely candidate to contain it) file any longer.

While typing this up I had a look inside that file with unGTP-IL2 and did not find the file you mention above. So here's a silly hacky approach which might or might not work. With mods enabled put this file inside Luascripts\worldobjects\explosions\shells in your data folder. No guarantees but it just might use this file instead when trying to show the explosion of the specific AA shells.

he_085mm_10kg_660g_air.txt

Mike2945

Thank you for trying to help!  I did what you suggested - and another completely different 'undefined object' caused a further crash! 

So I decided to go for the 'nuclear' option, and uninstalled the game, completely deleting all the files from my PC (saving the GUI, campaigns etc folders).  Having re-installed I have successfully played all the missions which were causing problems.  I'm fairly certain the problem lay with one of the versions of the 'Weapons Mod', as I never encountered the problem before installing that mod.  What continues to puzzle me is that I installed the mod using JSGME, and then uninstalled it using JSGME, which should 'sanitize' any errors in the mod files by completely removing them all.  Somehow other files in the game seem to have become 'infected' and these weren't removed when I uninstalled the mod.  Anyway, problem solved - but thanks again for your helpful suggestion.

Mike

• Upvote 1