Any way to seperate on/off toggle controls?

Logiman0772

Logiman0772

Inside the game control setting, there is many controls that has only on/off toggle button.

For example Cockpit Lights on / off  is a single command and I can only toggle it by pressing the assigned key.

But I want to assign a different key to each on and off control (Like flaps. we can assign different key to flaps up and flaps down, and even for toggle) because im using a flight sim control panel and it has many 2-way switch.

Is there any way to seperate these control?

I too, would like this ability.

Persistent switches where 1 = one state and 0 = the alternative. On and off.

Elite Dangerous is a good example of how this can be implemented from a UI perspective.

RNAS10_Oliver
11 hours ago, olds2020010 said:

Inside the game control setting, there is many controls that has only on/off toggle button.

For example Cockpit Lights on / off  is a single command and I can only toggle it by pressing the assigned key.

But I want to assign a different key to each on and off control (Like flaps. we can assign different key to flaps up and flaps down, and even for toggle) because im using a flight sim control panel and it has many 2-way switch.

Is there any way to seperate these control?

Not within IL2 but with external programs you can emulate this. I use autohotkey and make my own scripts in there to achieve the purpose. There are other similar keyboard/joystick emulator programs that can do the job also that do not involve having to do scripting yourself.

I've got two saitek throttle quadrant and on one of them have used autohotkey to turn button T1 into engine on and button T2 into engine off. Same thing with the radiator test socket (switch water radiators control mode: manual/auto) on the Spitfire IX and XIV. Also made it so that I do not need to cycle through the formation lights for example in the Spitfire V press one button to turn on/off the top formation light, and another button to turn on/off the bottom formation light. The possibilities for what you can achieve are imho almost endless with autohotkey, just limited by your own imagination and time required to learn and script what you want.

l_06874878_003.jpg

Edited by Oliver88

I've suggested this, but there's no current way to do this that I'm aware of.

What you can do, with most devices I've used, is configure them to send different keypresses for each switch position (on-on rather than off-on). I then bind both keypresses to the toggle command, so that changing the switch position toggles state in game. This works okay, but it's not ideal, because the state becomes desyncronized if I forget to reset them before a new mission.