Developer Diary 283 - Discussion

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Hello Everyone!

This week we are showing a Dev. Diary a little early because we have some vacation and Covid-related holiday time that interferes with our normal routine. So, before we take a little time off, here are some quick shots of the German Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 in the actual game engine. As you can see the textures are not anywhere near ready, but it is starting to become functional including some of the damage model and the gunsights. Once again, our partners at DigitalForms have done a terrific job on the model.

In the images below you can see how a machine gun from a Soviet armored car shot up my engine and ended my mission. The sights on this German gun are quite different from the Soviet 72-K and maybe it’s a bit more user friendly? You’ll have to be the judge when you try it, but it sure is fun trying to knock down planes with either gun!

Full text is HERE.

Jason

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 4

Drop tanks will be so good for Bodenplatte! IIRC many of the German aircraft had to use drop tanks to have enough fuel to get to their targets and do a decent amount of strafing.

That German flak gun sight, meanwhile... hopefully someone will be able to go explain to me how it works :hunter:

• Like 2

Thank you very much for the news, really appreciated, enjoy the holidays guys.:drink2:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Most excellent! Drop tanks! Can't wait for the P-51 B/C as with a Malcolm Hood it is one of my favorite planes based on looks alone (though I will probably still prefer the Spit IX in a dogfight;-).

Man I feel like I am not keeping up with the content in this sim. I've only taken the Spit XIV up for a few sorties and only spent maybe a couple hours in the Tiffy, and we might have new stuff soon. 

Have a good holiday, devs, I will try and get a handle on all the stuff you've put out before the next update, lol!

Late Summer for the razorback Mustang...That seems to be a long time to wait, but with all the other "toys " in GB I guess I can muddle through...

images (3).jpg

• Upvote 1

So asking for a frend 😄

Will he be able to take 20% fuel and droptank like it worked in good old Il-2 , or will he have to have 100% fule to be able to take droptank option ?

PatrickAWlson
3 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Late Summer for the razorback Mustang...That seems to be a long time to wait, but with all the other "toys " in GB I guess I can muddle through...

images (3).jpg

So we have half the plane set now: P47,  Spitfire, Fw190, Me109 and Typhoon.  P51 and Ju88c are the last of the derivatives.  After that we get the all new ones: Me410, Mosquito, and Arado.

We have seen some work on all of them so the assembly line is moving.  Can't wait for the map.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Nice as always!

I hope, though, that the 365th FG is not forgotten for the BoN squadrons...

Hell Hawks was a great part of this campaign since 1943...

Awesome to hear the Mustang is next for BON and progress on the drop tanks!  On a side note, evidently the US is way behind on holidays compared to Russia... I need to write my congressman 😂

Edited by DBFlyguy