Roadmap for FCII?

Voidhunger

23 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

it is somewhere, I saw it, keep searching and look for J posts,  

It was in the 2020 year in review post. Here was the original release order. I edited out all the WW2 aircraft in the line up.

Fokker D.VIII
Spad 7 150hp
Nieuport 28.C1
Spad 7 180hp
Pfalz D.XII
Sopwith Triplane
Breguet 14.B2
DFW C.V.
Airco DH.4
Handley Page 0-400
Gotha G.V

• Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

Whatever my plane preferences are, the coming of big bombers will be a total game changer.

You can compaire that to RoF, and was that a game changer? 

1 hour ago, Dutch2 said:

You can compaire that to RoF, and was that a game changer? 

I can't confirm that. When I arrived, they were already there. But I know the gameplay in ROF was different on those maps where people flew big bombers. Big high flying bombers brings high altitude bombing, which means targets must be defended high. And that is a game changer.

J2_Trupobaw

Tell that to Loppnow and his crew :).

I expect to again see manned Gothas bombing targets around Bruay :D. I also expect the Bertrugerstaffel to use it as three-man gunship with hilarious results.

• Upvote 1

The fact that some people insisted on flying Gothas on the deck and hunt down unfortunate Pups just over the trees is statistically irrelevant. Hear that, J30? IRRELEVANT!!!

• Haha 1
BladeMeister
2 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

The fact that some people insisted on flying Gothas on the deck and hunt down unfortunate Pups just over the trees is statistically irrelevant. Hear that, J30? IRRELEVANT!!!

But it sure was fun. I flew with J30 a few times in ROF and those boys could fly the Gotha. We were fighting 2 SE5s one night and did a complete loop, me in front gunner position, and proceeded to down both scouts while being shot up all to hell and back before ripping our wings off and lawn darting, me first of course. We laughed so hard. Irrelevant, sure, but it was a load of fun. LMAO!

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

Don't mention J30 Gothas! 

Still have nightmares. 

Maybe with the lower dispersion of FC we'll get higher concentration of fire at longer ranges, so have a better chance knocking out an engine safely. 

For a reminder of the challenge, here's a couple of RoF streams

1. Reims map that had nearly continuous fights against multiple J30 Gothas and D7 and 8s. By this time tactics had improved a bit, but it wasn't easy as they threw them round and chased like fighters. Of course our wings didn't just fall off then either.

2. Spad VII 180s vs J30 Gunships. Doesnt usually end well. In one scrap we got help from an HP400, which was then attacked by a 2nd Gotha!

Should start with at relevant point. More fights timestamped in descriptions.

Edited by US28_Baer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
J30-Reinamann

Hello BladeMeister

Good to see you again. And yes, those were fun flights in the Gotha’s. You can gun for us anytime.

We thought the aggressive gunship tactics were a good change-up from the standard single engine fights.

In the hands of a seasoned pilot the Gotha can become a formidable opponent.  And with good gunners it can be down-right deadly as Baer mentioned in his film.

It was good to see J30 from the opponents / 3PG point of view. Nice videos, Baer.

But with the current FC problems being as they are, along with the very restrictive elevation limitations of the gun turret, the Gotha may just become a practice target drone and not a combat aircraft.

S!

Reinamann

• Upvote 3