Developer Diary 279 - Discussion

• 1CGS

Dear Friends!

Work on our next update, which is version 4.6 continues as planned and should be released before the end of this month. This update will be a pretty big one with new content, some new features and lots of small tweaks as usual.

We also continue to make new airplanes and other models that will be incorporated into the sim this year and beyond. Work never slows down for us as you know. Today I’d like to share some screens of ongoing work that you’ll enjoy as we finalize the next update.  

Here are some images that help demonstrate our DVD system for our tanks and AAA vehicles along with our Tactical Codes technology. DVD definitely adds another interesting layer to our damage modeling.   

Full news is HERE.

Jason

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6
9 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

Of all the Spitfire Mk XIV skins, the Belgian one is the best since you need zero IQ to fly it.

Also it's a 1948 skin, so that's practically confirming the next installment will be a 1946 style "what if the war continued longer" scenario. 

• Haha 1

Some fantastic content coming through there, very excited for the update! :cool: the GAZ-AA really looks the part in the camo, and the dynamic visual damage looks very authentic and immersive.

Looks like this update will be the big one... 007

What does the tiger pic represent in terms of this weeks diary's development "message"??...is it the dirt on the hull?...or simply the skin? I'm not sure of its relevance context ,in relation to the other pic's of damage modeling.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Badger343rd said:

What does the tiger pic represent in terms of this weeks diary's development "message"??...is it the dirt on the hull?...or simply the skin? I'm not sure of its relevance context ,in relation to the other pic's of damage modeling.

The numbers on the hull are dynamic and you can change them yourself. The fact that they fit on so naturally is SUPER impressive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Really nice DD and thank you Jason for those posters! I really enjoy them and they give a sweet little overview.  😄 And the Screenshots of the DVD & tactical markings are looking gorgeus!

8 minutes ago, Badger343rd said:

When WIP images are shown, it is usually explained in the caption under the logo.

1 hour ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

Of all the Spitfire Mk XIV skins, the Belgian one is the best since you need zero IQ to fly it.

Finally, it's RedKestrel's time to shine!

• Haha 1

The cities and marschalling yards look simply awesome. 

I would not mind to have a skin of one of the three Czechoslovak RAF fighter squadrons on the poster but one can't have everything ; )     

44 minutes ago, Diggun said:

Some very lovely new skins for the Vb there - particularly like the' Air-Sea rescue squadron' skin 😄

Pleasantly surprised to see VOS-7, too. If recon-style gameplay was properly implemented they'd make a very unique career mode

• Upvote 1
Just now, SKeptic said:

Thanks for the diary. I'm not sure, changable nubers will be able only for tanks, or for planes too?

For planes too. Same with the DVD damage modeling. 

• Thanks 1

Ooof!  I'm loving the new train yard images and DVD images, oh and thanks for the Spit posters Jason!

I'm really looking forward for this next update, it sure will be cool to get shredded in the Gaz and observe the new DVD tech! 😄

Have a nice weekend Devs!

11 minutes ago, Heliopause said:

Great news 🙂

Little detail though:    No 332 (Dutch) Sqn should be ...... 322 (Dutch) Sqn

322 Sqn.png

Yep, and in case one of you guys is keen to look at a real Spitfire XIV very closely. Come to Overloon/NL, there we have one hanging from the ceiling in the museum.

War belongs inthe museum - Oorlogsmuseum Overloon

NH649 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV - Netherlands - Royal Air Force

NH649 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV - Netherlands - Royal Air Force

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 3