P-40 payload

Ghost666
6 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

2021_4_13__15_47_42.jpg

Don't really know what you are saying. The basic load for the P-40 is 1410 IIRC and you are showing 1686, that's 276 or so extra additional rounds. Don't see a problem.

PatrickAWlson

@greybeard_52 I do not necessarily model every possible payload.  Sometimes more are added and I miss them.  Others, especially the IL2, have so many combinations that it becomes onerous.  The one that you point our seems worth having.   

greybeard_52
3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I do not necessarily model every possible payload... The one that you point our seems worth having.

I forgot to add "hope this help" to my post, as it was meant to be a help and not a rebuke. Obviously it is your choice and I am already grateful to you for everything there is. I am pleased, however, that you find my suggestion worthy of consideration: according to "Curtiss P-40 In Action" (E.R. McDowell, Squadron / Signal Publications, 1976, ISBN 0-89747-025-7), in fact, that was the standard armament, and not a modification.

Cheers,

GB

• Thanks 1
PatrickAWlson
7 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

I forgot to add "hope this help" to my post, as it was meant to be a help and not a rebuke. Obviously it is your choice and I am already grateful to you for everything there is. I am pleased, however, that you find my suggestion worthy of consideration: according to "Curtiss P-40 In Action" (E.R. McDowell, Squadron / Signal Publications, 1976, ISBN 0-89747-025-7), in fact, that was the standard armament, and not a modification.

Cheers,

GB

Feedback is always appreciated.  The payloads can be tricky.  With the Bodenplatte release they changed quite a few things about how payloads were designated.  Until I understood what was done I had something like 3 payloads for the P-38 because that was all that could be generated using the old designation methods.  it is also the case that 1C is constantly improving existing product.  This is a very good thing but I do not necessarily pick up on it when it happens.  New payloads, new skins, new ground unit types, new statics, new structures ... I always appreciate it when somebody points it out because I do not always catch it myself.

• Like 1