Bf-109 bomber intercept

Recording from a sortie on TWC massive bomber formation test server.
This was a few weeks ago when TWC run a test of a server where a large bomber formation would attack France every hour or half hour not sure about that.
The server had a clever radar intercept simulation where you would get locations and intercept headings for the enemy formations, which enabled me to set up for nice head on attack at ideal altitude.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Palker!

Please you people look at how precisely projectiles hit the exact corresponding location on the target and how realistically the resulting debris spread into the atmosphere. This is much more than a YouTube video, this is a practical demonstration of what "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" really is: the air combat simulation that still in 2021 presents the highest quality on the PC platform (not to mention the console platform...). Other simulators focus on the same aspects of WWII air combat, but they don't reach such a level of... quality. I wouldn't say "perfection" because vehicle simulation on PC still is in its infancy... and it is not even sure that serious PC simulation survives beyond its infancy...

I know Palker, that wasn't your video's purpose, but once more I couldn't resist praising Cliffs of Dover... such a resistance is beyond my capabilities...

PS: back in the 1940s the Bf 109 F-4 with the 20 mm gunpod configuration, this was called the "Bf 109 F-4/R1" by the Germans. You'll find it with this historical name in the "War Thunder" arcade game, for example. There's no need to create an additional subvariant in our Clifffs of Dover simulator, simply know that chosing the 20 mm underwing gondolas this makes your F-4 becomes a F-4/R1... :)

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro
You'll found --> You'll find
  • Like 2

Yes the damage model detail beats all the other sims easily, but also there was like 80 of those AI Wellingtons flying on MP server and there was no lag or fps problems. You will not see that in great battles. (the AI pilots are a bit prone to mid air collisions and flying like mad men but hey cannot have everything)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Outstanding video, that's the sort of thing I want to be doing in a WW2 flight simulator.  I'm sold on that game.  What do I need to buy?  Any mods needed?

12 minutes ago, Vig said:

Outstanding video, that's the sort of thing I want to be doing in a WW2 flight simulator.  I'm sold on that game.  What do I need to buy?  Any mods needed?

over here https://il2sturmovik.com/store/cliffs-of-dover/

the expansions is here https://il2sturmovik.com/store/desert-wings-tobruk/

To fly the 109 F-4 you need the Tobruk expansion, also most of the servers are running Tobruk content, still I would suggest you try the cheap Blitz first and see if you want more before spending 50 on the Tobruk.

No mods needed, though the bomber server is no longer running and the regular campaign server has a bit more modest formations but the intercept radar system is in the game and works great until some of the bombers blow up the radars.

5 hours ago, Vig said:

Hello Vig. Here is some more information you may find useful:

1. This game is not yet compatible with VR headsets but the developers are working on it. We hope a successful implementation of VR will happen, if not before the end of 2021, then next year in 2022.

2. There is no real weather engine in this game at the moment (in a nut shell: it's always sunny) but, again, the developers are working on the implementation of TrueSky, a software that will bring us the weather engine we need. If everything goes well, TrueSky should be implemented before VR compatibility.

3. If you like the single player mode in combat flight sims, please know that the campaigns you'll find in the game are static campaigns by default. For playing actual dynamic campaigns I recommend you install the "DynMis EXE" app (click here). Obviously, this is to install once you are a happy owner of the game, not before.

4. You'll find the complete list of aircraft in Wikipedia (click here). Please note you'll see the list of aircraft that are available for the owners of the basic game first, and after that, the list of aircraft that are available for the owners of both the basic game and the add-on "Desert Wings - Tobruk".

5. So, "Cliffs of Dover - Blitz" is the basic game. It allows you to fly combat aircraft during the Battle of Britain only (this is: Summer of 1940). If you like the multiplayer mode, please know that not much servers are strictly compatible with the basic game only so I really recommend you purchase both products.

6. The add-on "Desert Wings - Tobruk" not only allows the player to go to North Africa during the so called "Desert War" in Libya and Egypt, it also expands the game in the English Channel map with a few aircraft that participated in the Battle of France, the Battle of Dunkirk, and up to two years after the Battle of Britain. So, with the add-on, you'll be ready to fly French D.520s or American-manufactured P-40s and Wildcats under the British coulours (Kittyhawks, Tomahawks & Martlets), among other aircraft (check the lists as I said). The add-on also presents beautifully modelled novelties in this series like the nitrous oxide injection system in two Bf 109s (the E-7 and the F-4, this is intended to increase engine performance at altitudes higher than 8000 metres) or topedo-bomber versions of He 111s and Wellingtons.