Capture The Flag - Using Flags Other Than Germany and Russia

DD_Friar

Salute,

I am struggling to get any flag other than the Russian or German flag to appear on the flag pole.

I am currently working on a M4a2 USA Sherman series of dogfight maps for my squad called "The Road To Arnhem".

Is any one able to advise how I can get the USA flag to appear on the pole? (or any other country for that matter)

My tanks are marked as USA.

I recall a post by @Beebop but don't think there was an answer?, he got the UK flag by accident? (sorry Beebop if it was down your your supreme skill and cunning ;) )

Friar

That UK flag appeared on a base with all linked objects assigned to US.  In one test I got several flags including some solid colors for FC coalitions.

I never did find any consistency that gave me a clue as to why this happens.  On other "US" bases or on "Great Britain" bases  I get a Russian Flag so go figure.

In that test (see below) I thought that maybe the selected coalition of linked objects determined the nationality but that wasn't consistent.  In the image below note that I made one land canvas Russian and the other German and you see what the results were when I chose coalitions for the banners.

I wish the Devs or whomever designed the flag logic or ME logic that prevails would explain what is required to get the flag of choice.

On a side note I never got a flag that was US themed, either the Stars and Striles or say a blue flag with a white star.  At this time I would say there is not a "US" flag.

FLAGS.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Beebop - thanks for this.

Do you happen to know what numbers they relate to?

For example I know Russia is 01 and Germany is 02 (for use in the event "onCapturedByxx")

I might change my tanks to all Austria-Hungary WWI (are they classed as allied or axis? - if axis that will not work) as we use do not use icons but have blue as friendly and as it is only to signal the activation of a spawn point, that might work better than seeing the Russian flag go up.

If not I will put a test together where I trigger a message to indicate the number.

Friar  

So Austria-Hungary is classed as Side 04 and a German unit will shoot at it, so assume it as Allied.

Edit: Cancel that - if I have my tank as Austria-Hungary and make an artillery unit USA it will fire at the tank, so unless I change ALL my friendly objects in the map I will have to live with the Russian flag being raised when I arrive a flag point.

Edited by DD_Friar

• 6 months later...
DD_Friar

Bump

Is there any chance of adding other flags to be useable on the flag pole?

Would like USA, and GB for starters.

This is surly now more relevant with the upcoming Normandy map and hopefully an allied ground war with a Tank Crew update (pretty please)...

AEthelraedUnraed
1 hour ago, DD_Friar said:

Is there any chance of adding other flags to be useable on the flag pole?

Would like USA, and GB for starters.

You can use mods if you want. Besides that, I don't think this is very high on the Devs' priority list.

On 2/18/2021 at 2:09 PM, DD_Friar said:

So Austria-Hungary is classed as Side 04 and a German unit will shoot at it, so assume it as Allied.

Edit: Cancel that - if I have my tank as Austria-Hungary and make an artillery unit USA it will fire at the tank, so unless I change ALL my friendly objects in the map I will have to live with the Russian flag being raised when I arrive a flag point.

Adjust the coalitions. If you make Austria-Hungary part of the Allied coalition, it should work.

That said, Austria-Hungary doesn't have radio so you should leave all tanks that you want to use the radio as either GER or RUS.

DD_Friar

Ah Mods you say.....would you happen to know the name of said facilitator?

(I am now going off to search anyway ;) )