Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Correction--Making variants/modifications available

So as not to drag LukeFF's career thread further OT...[I mistakenly thought this solution was related to PWCG...my bad.]

@sevenless can you post a screenshot or otherwise tell me where to find the files I would need to edit? 

54045291_Screenshot2021-01-13160415.jpg.070a61180d1ccc17fb577dc61613e746.jpg

Vielen dank.

Edited by busdriver

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

So as not to drag LukeFF's career thread further OT...

@sevenless can you post a screenshot or otherwise tell me where to find the files I would need to edit? 

Vielen dank.

Hi busdriver,

Quick&dirty editing as follows:

at first you need to extract the game gtp files with ungtp.exe. In this case the files you need to ungtp are called scg.gtp and scripts.gtp. Simply drag those files on the ungtp.exe and it will generate a folder called "null".

image.png.eb3bb8dd29d990ec680a0ed1e49b96a8.png

Therein you find a subfolder called scg where in several subfolders the files needed are located.

image.png.ba9a40426006966dc9c26c42de4cde0a.png

The 13-14-15-etc. planes-to.mission.cfg you find in the scripts folder.  

image.png.962de45602954eefb0366b6df851e0d4.png

Now load that file 13-planes-to-missions.cfg into Notepad++. For mission type 1101=bomber intercept you find two entries for the Hurri. The important line is the "modifications_denied=" line, which defines which ordnance is resticted from usage. If you change the value to 0b000000, then it tells the game to have no restrictions at all for the hurri in that mission. Like it is the case for the I16t24 above the Hurri entries.

original entries:

image.png.3b5e5cdb75d87c7e01a1fe62a629db3c.png

After editing, save the file and copy over the folder structure and the included and edited 13-planes-to-mission.cfg in your MODS folder that you use. Put everythin in a folder of your choice, call it "my first mod" or whatever you like and make sure that the next lower folder beneath will be the data folder, then you have the correct structure for JSGME to function properly.

image.thumb.png.35311ffe7810265c007a1393687166e3.png

Now you can selectively activate your little mod with JSGME, which will allow you to fly the Hurri in every bomber interception mission in career whithout restictions, even with the 2x40mm just for the fun of it 🙂

The mission 1101 is obviously not the only entry for the Hurri in that file, so you need to repeat the procedure for every mission type you like to change for the Hurri.

Mind you, that method is editing for the vanilla career mode and not for PWCG. At least I don´t know if PWCG makes use of the 13-planes-to-missions.cfg file(s) as well.

Good luck!

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It certainly is nice to have smart friends like you. :salute:

• Thanks 1

Cancel the emergency...operator error...I'll figure it out. :wacko:

Edited by busdriver

On 1/13/2021 at 5:08 PM, sevenless said:

Hi busdriver,

Quick&dirty editing as follows:

at first you need to extract the game gtp files with ungtp.exe. In this case the files you need to ungtp are called scg.gtp and scripts.gtp. Simply drag those files on the ungtp.exe and it will generate a folder called "null".

image.png.eb3bb8dd29d990ec680a0ed1e49b96a8.png

Therein you find a subfolder called scg where in several subfolders the files needed are located.

image.png.ba9a40426006966dc9c26c42de4cde0a.png

The 13-14-15-etc. planes-to.mission.cfg you find in the scripts folder.  

image.png.962de45602954eefb0366b6df851e0d4.png

Now load that file 13-planes-to-missions.cfg into Notepad++. For mission type 1101=bomber intercept you find two entries for the Hurri. The important line is the "modifications_denied=" line, which defines which ordnance is resticted from usage. If you change the value to 0b000000, then it tells the game to have no restrictions at all for the hurri in that mission. Like it is the case for the I16t24 above the Hurri entries.

original entries:

image.png.3b5e5cdb75d87c7e01a1fe62a629db3c.png

After editing, save the file and copy over the folder structure and the included and edited 13-planes-to-mission.cfg in your MODS folder that you use. Put everythin in a folder of your choice, call it "my first mod" or whatever you like and make sure that the next lower folder beneath will be the data folder, then you have the correct structure for JSGME to function properly.

image.thumb.png.35311ffe7810265c007a1393687166e3.png

Now you can selectively activate your little mod with JSGME, which will allow you to fly the Hurri in every bomber interception mission in career whithout restictions, even with the 2x40mm just for the fun of it 🙂

The mission 1101 is obviously not the only entry for the Hurri in that file, so you need to repeat the procedure for every mission type you like to change for the Hurri.

Mind you, that method is editing for the vanilla career mode and not for PWCG. At least I don´t know if PWCG makes use of the 13-planes-to-missions.cfg file(s) as well.

Good luck!

Thanks very much for posting this!  Your instructions were very easy to follow, and I was able to (hopefully) unlock everything across all campaigns.  If anyone else wants it, I've uploaded a .zip that should be ready to drop into whatever directory they're using for JSGME to make the switch.  Just unzip and drop the folder "weapons free" in and activate the same way you would any other mod in JSGME.  I just did a simple "find and replace" in notepad for every "modifications_denied" combination I could find, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a couple.  I've tested it for the Hurricane and it seems to work well, but I would be grateful for anyone who actually knows what they're doing to check it over to make sure I didn't break anything.  You do need to start a new campaign for the unlock to take effect.  Thanks again for the tip!!

Weapons Free.zip

4 hours ago, FodderMonkey said:

You do need to start a new campaign for the unlock to take effect.

Not necessarily - for careers in progress, you just need to advance to the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FodderMonkey said:

I've tested it for the Hurricane and it seems to work well, but I would be grateful for anyone who actually knows what they're doing to check it over to make sure I didn't break anything.

My previous concern (operator error remark) is that I can only get this to work in a stock (meaning not PWCG) career if I am the commander. However I am unable to successfully edit the weapons load for my wingmen. For example, in the Moscow campaign, once I spawn in the only loadout my Hurricane squadron mates ever have are the extra .303 bb-guns. Is it normal behavior that the mod only works for the player's airplane?  edit [I must confess this is the first time I've ever taken the role of squadron commander, so I was confused when I couldn't use this mod as a wingman.]

This mod is NOT required for PWCG where you can edit the weapons load of every airplane.

Edited by busdriver

8 hours ago, busdriver said:

My previous concern (operator error remark) is that I can only get this to work in a stock (meaning not PWCG) career if I am the commander. However I am unable to successfully edit the weapons load for my wingmen. For example, in the Moscow campaign, once I spawn in the only loadout my Hurricane squadron mates ever have are the extra .303 bb-guns. Is it normal behavior that the mod only works for the player's airplane?  edit [I must confess this is the first time I've ever taken the role of squadron commander, so I was confused when I couldn't use this mod as a wingman.]

This mod is NOT required for PWCG where you can edit the weapons load of every airplane.

My guess is that the “modifications_required” string along with the “ammo_eff” is what tells the program which loadout to use for your flight. That would explain why there’s a specific entry for each mission type instead of a generic template for the airframe. I haven’t tried that, though; I’m fine being the oddball with the special loadout. You might try swapping these around to see if that changes your flight’s default loadout, but you’ll have to use some trial and error on the “ammo_eff” to see how it relates to the ammo setup. The “modifications” string looks pretty straightforward as a binary string that turns each mod either “on” or “off”, but I don’t understand the function of the “0b” at the beginning of the string. Save your default .cfg in a safe place, then play around with a copy and see what happens. 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:47 AM, FodderMonkey said:

My guess is that the “modifications_required” string along with the “ammo_eff” is what tells the program which loadout to use for your flight.

Correct, modifications_required defines the default loadout of a plane in a given mission type. What that ammo_eff line is about, I have still to find out.

Addendum to my post above:

For all 4 games (BoM, BoS, BoK and BOBP) ungtp the following files:

scg.gtp

scripts.gtp

missions.gtp

campaigns.gtp

Part of the 15 files (BoS) are in missions.gtp and the 18 files (BoBP) are in campaigns.

Edited by sevenless
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sevenless said:

Correct, modifications_required defines the default loadout of a plane in a given mission type. What that ammo_eff line is about, I have still to find out.

The ammo_eff parameter is the payload ID number taken from the mission file. The number after that value is how often the game will pull that loadout when creating that mission type. It's only necessary to change that number if you have more than one payload defined for a given time period. For instance, for the Il-2 M42, I have it set to 0.5 for two different loadouts, so that then there is a 50/50 chance of the payload including the rear gunner modification. Note that when using this option, it will apply that payload to all of the planes in the player's flight - either all planes will have, for example, the rear gunner mod, or they won't.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

The ammo_eff parameter is the payload ID number taken from the mission file. The number after that value is how often the game will pull that loadout when creating that mission type. It's only necessary to change that number if you have more than one payload defined for a given time period. For instance, for the Il-2 M42, I have it set to 0.5 for two different loadouts, so that then there is a 50/50 chance of the payload including the rear gunner modification. Note that when using this option, it will apply that payload to all of the planes in the player's flight - either all planes will have, for example, the rear gunner mod, or they won't.

Luke, thanks for explaining. Let´s see if I got it right:

Let´s take for example the original Hurri-II lines from my post above in timeframe 01/01/1941 - 01/09/1942. It has the line set to "ammo_eff=7,1.0"

That means in 100% of all cases the Hurri will get payload ID 7 (whatever that is)? And if I would change that line to "ammo_eff=7,0.5" it would get only a 50% chance if there would be (which currently isn´t) a second predefined loadout?

Comes in handy to create some randomness. Me likes that.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, sevenless said:

Luke, thanks for explaining. Let´s see if I got it right:

Let´s take for example the original Hurri-II lines from my post above in timeframe 01/01/1941 - 01/09/1942. It has the line set to "ammo_eff=7,1.0"

That means in 100% of all cases the Hurri will get payload ID 7 (whatever that is)? And if I would change that line to "ammo_eff=7,0.5" it would get only a 50% chance if there would be (which currently isn´t) a second predefined loadout?

Yes, that's correct. For example, here's one time period and one loadout for Il-2 M42. It has a 75% percent chance of being configured without the rear turret and a 25% chance of it being configured with the rear turret:

[period]
            period="1941.01.01","1942.12.01"
            plane_eff=0.5
            fuel=558698,7.0
            modifications_required=0b010011
            modifications_denied=0b000100
            ammo_eff=84,0.75
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1941.01.01","1942.12.01"
            plane_eff=0.5
            fuel=558698,7.0
            modifications_required=0b110011
            modifications_denied=0b000100
            ammo_eff=84,0.25
        [end]

On 1/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, sevenless said:

Comes in handy to create some randomness. Me likes that.

Yes, those config files are designed very well and allow for all sorts of combinations. I've been able to be very creative in configuring loadouts for every plane in career mode.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 2