Jump to content
totalize

Game will not run properly from 4505(C) update

Recommended Posts

I am experiencing significant issues with this game. The game cannot complete a career mode mission without crashing. I tried Hell Hawks over the bulge  and lullaby for a dream. Both scripted campaigns crash. Decided to do a  fresh windows install, fresh steam install, fresh IL2 install and it crashed again. The first mission of Hell hawks crapped out and crashed. I started the game again verified games file then started hell hawks again. It now went to the second mission. Got almost through that mission and was coming in for a landing and it crashed.  The game audio sputtered and it crashed back to steam. That's a long time in a mission only to have the game crash right at the end. It seems to crash during autopilot or just coming off of it. It seems since 4505 or 4505C this game just cannot run properly. It's weird because I never had any issues with BOM, BOS, Kuban even the scripted campaigns for those theaters. But since Bodenplatte and recent updates? Very sus. I had my son who is a gamer and who has done some coding look at it and the first thing he said was why are you not in full screen when starting the game ( I had just done a fresh install)  So, I changed it for him and he was shocked to see that I had to re-start the game to go from game window to full screen. His comment was no developer for the more current games he plays does that. They solved that issue years ago.  At this point I would like to play it but I can't spend 20-25 minutes in a mission only to have it crash when I near its completion.

 

I have checked my hardware including memory, my 1070 FTW graphics card, SSD and all check out fine. rolled back the graphics drivers to 45X, crashed, installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, still crashed. I even used a driver remover tool where I boot into safe mode and uninstall the graphics driver to insure a complete uninstall and no conflicts. Still crashes. 

Edited by totalize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give us some more info:

 

PC specs, windows version; not much info. 1070FTW, brand?

for NVDIA 411.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql is the most trouble free driver. Do a fresh install BTW.

Is this only with IL2 ?

Career mode mission, what do you mean; Hell hawks is a campaign.

What is the crash; game hanging? CTD? Does windows crash or only the game?

 

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are telling if; I put in the autopilot on/off this occurs. 

 

It all looks like you PSU is out of power and/or your PC is a dustbin. 

First do try the Quick mission but now everything on the lowest settings ingame and at Nvidia controlpanel. The idea is to get the needed power as low as possibly. Use a mission with clear sky. 

 

Get from the Action, Wallmark, Mediamarkt an spraycan with compressed air and blow this into ever small opening in your hardware components, like PSU, Vcard, CPU cooler (radiator) and fans. 

 

And publish your PC specs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, jollyjack said:

Give us some more info:

 

PC specs, windows version; not much info. 1070FTW, brand?

for NVDIA 411.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql is the most trouble free driver. Do a fresh install BTW.

Is this only with IL2 ?

Career mode mission, what do you mean; Hell hawks is a campaign.

What is the crash; game hanging? CTD? Does windows crash or only the game?

 

 

 

Here you go. And for the gent below. My PSU is a EVGA 650W Platinum edition modular power supply. Graphics Card is an EVGA GEFORCE 1070 FTW.

Driver: 26.21.14.3200 It's what was installed when I re-installed Windows from my clean SSD drive. I tried the newer drivers and the game still crashed. I can try the 411.63

Career mode missions fail.

Scripted Campaign missions fail.

CTD to Steam

74153370_PCSpecs.thumb.jpg.70e149c58b11d4a4f7d7c75168342bb7.jpg

Edited by totalize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, totalize said:

I am experiencing significant issues with this game. The game cannot complete a career mode mission without crashing. I tried Hell Hawks over the bulge  and lullaby for a dream. Both scripted campaigns crash. Decided to do a  fresh windows install, fresh steam install, fresh IL2 install and it crashed again. The first mission of Hell hawks crapped out and crashed. I started the game again verified games file then started hell hawks again. It now went to the second mission. Got almost through that mission and was coming in for a landing and it crashed.  The game audio sputtered and it crashed back to steam. That's a long time in a mission only to have the game crash right at the end. It seems to crash during autopilot or just coming off of it. It seems since 4505 or 4505C this game just cannot run properly. It's weird because I never had any issues with BOM, BOS, Kuban even the scripted campaigns for those theaters. But since Bodenplatte and recent updates? Very sus. I had my son who is a gamer and who has done some coding look at it and the first thing he said was why are you not in full screen when starting the game ( I had just done a fresh install)  So, I changed it for him and he was shocked to see that I had to re-start the game to go from game window to full screen. His comment was no developer for the more current games he plays does that. They solved that issue years ago.  At this point I would like to play it but I can't spend 20-25 minutes in a mission only to have it crash when I near its completion.

 

I have checked my hardware including memory, my 1070 FTW graphics card, SSD and all check out fine. rolled back the graphics drivers to 45X, crashed, installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, still crashed. I even used a driver remover tool where I boot into safe mode and uninstall the graphics driver to insure a complete uninstall and no conflicts. Still crashes. 

If the game is crashing, there may be crash logs. You should follow the instructions in the first post of this pinned thread (link below) and post the crash dumps to that thread along with the other information requested, where the QA/Tech issues team can look at it. They may be able to see a solution from the logs. 

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1) - Technical Issues and Bug Reports - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

On 1/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, totalize said:

I am experiencing significant issues with this game. The game cannot complete a career mode mission without crashing. I tried Hell Hawks over the bulge  and lullaby for a dream. Both scripted campaigns crash. Decided to do a  fresh windows install, fresh steam install, fresh IL2 install and it crashed again. The first mission of Hell hawks crapped out and crashed. I started the game again verified games file then started hell hawks again. It now went to the second mission. Got almost through that mission and was coming in for a landing and it crashed.  The game audio sputtered and it crashed back to steam. That's a long time in a mission only to have the game crash right at the end. It seems to crash during autopilot or just coming off of it. It seems since 4505 or 4505C this game just cannot run properly. It's weird because I never had any issues with BOM, BOS, Kuban even the scripted campaigns for those theaters. But since Bodenplatte and recent updates? Very sus. I had my son who is a gamer and who has done some coding look at it and the first thing he said was why are you not in full screen when starting the game ( I had just done a fresh install)  So, I changed it for him and he was shocked to see that I had to re-start the game to go from game window to full screen. His comment was no developer for the more current games he plays does that. They solved that issue years ago.  At this point I would like to play it but I can't spend 20-25 minutes in a mission only to have it crash when I near its completion.

 

I have checked my hardware including memory, my 1070 FTW graphics card, SSD and all check out fine. rolled back the graphics drivers to 45X, crashed, installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, still crashed. I even used a driver remover tool where I boot into safe mode and uninstall the graphics driver to insure a complete uninstall and no conflicts. Still crashes. 

If the game is crashing, there may be crash logs. You should follow the instructions in the first post of this pinned thread (link below) and post the crash dumps to that thread along with the other information requested, where the QA/Tech issues team can look at it. They may be able to see a solution from the logs. 

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1) - Technical Issues and Bug Reports - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

 

Also, you can check in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any associated errors that are coming up around the time of the game crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

650 PSU might be a cause depending of power drawn by your graphics card. I have a 1000 for one 2080ti in my system, with 2 power  cables direct to the GPU.

Means that a lot of power is needed especially running at higher resolutions. In fact i think for stability reasons a higher PSU would even be better.

A cheap PSU brand might be not so stable.

 

Windows home and pro has a lot of bloat- and spyware running if you don't disable it with OOSU10 and/or W10Privacy. LTSC is far more efficient.

 

How is your SSD connected? SATA or M.2? Activate overprovisioning, generally advised.

 

Watch out with certain cheap spray cans, they can contain oil in very small amounts. Use 96% Alcohol and a soft brush with a vacuum cleaner.

Watercooling is better regarding dust, you can mount all fans blowing out with a general air input dust filter, i had almost no dust for over a year.

 

Analyze temperatures with HWiNFO.exe.

 

Check your windows for unnecessary installed and background operating programs, Task Manager is a tool for that. Remove unneeded.

Also Uninstall NVDIA Experience stuff, it draws.

 

There's a lot to tune in windows, for just one:

 

1066147102_--TEMP.thumb.jpg.c47e8c194893954d5183b3a1c8cf96fe.jpg

 

Run DXdiag for a ckeckup, or Blarc Avisor for a check of your system., and you can force DX11 by running in Windows 7 compatibitily, probably nou needed for IL2, but i found the ME less crashing that way.

 

I had a RAM issue after a years use with a corsair 8GB module. Checking RAM programs take time, but maybe an idea?

IL2 seems to run best when you have more than 16GB.

------

Just noticed above: ====> There might be something wrong with your RAM, it says 15.9 and should read 16GB

 

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

If the game is crashing, there may be crash logs. You should follow the instructions in the first post of this pinned thread (link below) and post the crash dumps to that thread along with the other information requested, where the QA/Tech issues team can look at it. They may be able to see a solution from the logs. 

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1) - Technical Issues and Bug Reports - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

If the game is crashing, there may be crash logs. You should follow the instructions in the first post of this pinned thread (link below) and post the crash dumps to that thread along with the other information requested, where the QA/Tech issues team can look at it. They may be able to see a solution from the logs. 

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1) - Technical Issues and Bug Reports - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

 

Also, you can check in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any associated errors that are coming up around the time of the game crashing.

I posted my crash dump in the thread as you indicated. If I can someone to analyze it that would be ideal. Also, here's the event viewer log zipped and in word format.

In this log It states their was an error in the landscape.dll which caused the crash.

 

3 hours ago, jollyjack said:

650 PSU might be a cause depending of power drawn by your graphics card. I have a 1000 for one 2080ti in my system, with 2 power  cables direct to the GPU.

Means that a lot of power is needed especially running at higher resolutions. In fact i think for stability reasons a higher PSU would even be better.

A cheap PSU brand might be not so stable.

 

Windows home and pro has a lot of bloat- and spyware running if you don't disable it with OOSU10 and/or W10Privacy. LTSC is far more efficient.

 

How is your SSD connected? SATA or M.2? Activate overprovisioning, generally advised.

 

Watch out with certain cheap spray cans, they can contain oil in very small amounts. Use 96% Alcohol and a soft brush with a vacuum cleaner.

Watercooling is better regarding dust, you can mount all fans blowing out with a general air input dust filter, i had almost no dust for over a year.

 

Analyze temperatures with HWiNFO.exe.

 

Check your windows for unnecessary installed and background operating programs, Task Manager is a tool for that. Remove unneeded.

Also Uninstall NVDIA Experience stuff, it draws.

 

There's a lot to tune in windows, for just one:

 

1066147102_--TEMP.thumb.jpg.c47e8c194893954d5183b3a1c8cf96fe.jpg

 

Run DXdiag for a ckeckup, or Blarc Avisor for a check of your system., and you can force DX11 by running in Windows 7 compatibitily, probably nou needed for IL2, but i found the ME less crashing that way.

 

I had a RAM issue after a years use with a corsair 8GB module. Checking RAM programs take time, but maybe an idea?

IL2 seems to run best when you have more than 16GB.

------

Just noticed above: ====> There might be something wrong with your RAM, it says 15.9 and should read 16GB

 

 

1. My EVGA power supply is very good one. It's the their platinum edition and rated very high. 

3. My SSD is connected via M.2

3. I downloaded w10/privacy.

4. I will check for background services

5. DXdiag said no problems found. DXDiag says I have 16G+ of memory.

6. I posted a crash dump above. It says a landscape.dll in IL2 crashed the game.

 

 

 

Edited by totalize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have steam for IL2 ..

 

Looked at your crash log ... if the landcape dll is faulty, its in a bin\game folder.

Just remove it from the game folder, and the updater folder from data.

restart the launcher. it will be reinstalled

 

you could rename the ctreecahe and mtreecache files, but they'll only reset your game missions and campaigns.

 

PS i don't use fullscreen ...

 

IL2 Game Graphics settings.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done that multiple times. It usually says some files failed to validate and will be re-acquired. I re-acquire then start the game and it still crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, run a memory tester for your RAM, otherwise i wouldn't know. Maybe a windows driver? run sfc in adm command mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, totalize said:

I have done that multiple times. It usually says some files failed to validate and will be re-acquired. I re-acquire then start the game and it still crashes.

You might be best to contact support directly on the website. Responses can take some time so best to get in now even if you end up fixing it by some other means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...