Discussion of Flying Circus II Announcement

• 1CGS

Friends,

You can discuss the Flying Circus II announcement in this thread. You can find further comments from me in Jason's Briefing Room and Officer's Club.

FC2_Box_Art_Final_800px.thumb.jpg.f9152952474eaee6e33fe717ebbd84f7.jpg

We ask that you keep all comments civil, polite and on topic. 

Jason

• Like 23
  • Thanks 15
  • Upvote 5

Can't tell you how excited and happy this announcement makes me!! Planeset looks fantastic, and very excited for the map expansion news!

Edit: pre-order submitted, couldn't hit that button fast enough :)

Edited by vonrickenbecker
  • Like 1

Very exciting! Thank you for the hard work making it possible!

Also - thanks for the post in: 

It is good to know that there is at least some hope for an FCIV (the Channel map was magnificent and I assume we won't get the float-planes/seaplanes until we have an appropriate map).

It is also very neat to hear that we might get a collector plane or two... although I do wonder if it might be better to swap a RoF aircraft as the collector plane and force people who want the new aircraft to buy the full module... :) I'm sure other people would have a different opinion on that. Anyway, thanks for the news.

Edited by Avimimus

Purchased...so very purchased.

The announcement vastly exceeded my expectations and I'm happy to support this product at this early stage. This has to be the most excited I've been about an announcement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I think it is a good solid announcement. Also read Jason's comments in the officers club which give more info on other areas in FC. The planeset well that is part of being solid, some heavies, some two seaters and the fighters, representing a balance between the french, the british and the german. 

Good show chaps.

Edited by Luger1969

As for the inevitable discussion about damage models - I can see how they'd only be substantially improved by modelling individual wing spars and bracing wires... so I can see why there would be a hesitation to do that.

Of course, the damage model is already far superior to RoF, with increased likelihoods of hitting aircrew and more realistic failures (even if it seems that there are still issues with hitting a pilot from below using the Lewis - but that might just be my poor aim). I do wonder if splitting the pilot into more hit boxes (e.g. spine and heart) might increase the realism a little. But we won't see much improvement without moving to a much higher level of detail for the airframe... and we should be really happy considering how much better it is compared to earlier sims (e.g. Red Baron 3d damage model). There is no guarantee of a WWI flight sim happening at all... certainly at this level of detail anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Interesting plane selection!

Spad 7.C1
Airco DH.4
Sopwith Triplane
Nieuport 28.C1 
Breguet 14.B2
Handley Page 0-400
Pfalz D.XII
Fokker D.VIII
DFW C.V.
Gotha G.V.

And a direct mention of FC3, which can only mean that the Nieuport 17, Sopwith Pup and Hanriot HD.1 are confirmed for next time. 😁

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Glad to see the announcement and it looks like some excellent airplanes are on the list. Improvements to the map are nice as well. The DM imbalance issues, and particularly the damage control loss problems, are still concerning to me. I agree the ideal route is separate WW1 and WW2 DMs, and that seems the best way out of the woods. I'm willing to keep an open mind about Vol. II, though a resolution to the DM seems would be a core part of improvement.

• Like 3

Something that I've noticed is that there are 6 Entente aircraft and 4 German aircraft, unlike the usually 5 vs 5 aircraft in other installments, interesting.

I guess FC3 will take place in 1917 -- likely during the Bloody April period; and FC4 will be the Channel map.

A question that I have, rather a silly question, but if one gets FC2 and does not have FC1, when the first FC2 aircraft is released into EA do they have access to the Arras map?

Thank you.

Edited by Enceladus
  • Like 1

This year has thrown a mass of busy at me such that I've had pretty much no time for FC vol 1, but I've just pre-ordered vol 2  in the hope that I may actually get time to fly it...   even if I don't I still see supporting development of this WWI flight sim as worthwhile since it it's not as if there is a queue of other companies lining up to put out this kind of content.

HH

• Upvote 2

Here, please take my money! :yahoo:

The new plan for Flying Circus sounds really great. It would be a dream if the map included the entire Western Front in a future Flying Circus Volume (after FC3), like in the good old MS DOS game "Red Baron" from 1990. Sometime, in the future...  maybe. :)

• Like 1

As an aviation artist I draw inspiration from Rise of Flight & Flying Colors , so you can imagine that I pressed order before I finished my first cup of coffee this morning....so when do we get another medal of "ordering honor medal" under our name and will we finally get "Campaigns " in FC II?

Falken Aus Himmel.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
Spelling
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
37 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

Interesting plane selection!

Spad 7.C1
Airco DH.4
Sopwith Triplane
Nieuport 28.C1 
Breguet 14.B2
Handley Page 0-400
Pfalz D.XII
Fokker D.VIII
DFW C.V.
Gotha G.V.

And a direct mention of FC3, which can only mean that the Nieuport 17, Sopwith Pup and Hanriot HD.1 are confirmed for next time. 😁

I thought we will at least get all the rest ports from ROF....even hoped for the D7 with d3 au engine, the most common variant to see service...

I'm just speechless. The planeset was more than I could have expected. So many sweet french aircraft at once, the (offical) statement for the career mode and a map that will be become a large one as soon as all parts are finished (any chance we could see something also for the Great Battles ;) ). Regarding your comments in the Officer's Club I can only say thank you for taking the risks and addressing your point of view (I will wait for my Nieuport 17 😄 ). Same for the Zeppelin, I would have never ever thougt about a flyable one, even an AI controlled thing to shoot at would be more than enough for me, I will hope the best!

And last but not least I'm eager for the Collector Planes that are currently in the shadow's (waiting to be announced!). All in all as soon as I can effort the money I will definitely preorder Vol.II

• Upvote 1