Big disappointment

JG27_Steini

JG27_Steini

Hello community,

i am very disappointed about the TC release. 3 years ago i tested TC with the great Tiger mission. It was great, very immersive with IL2 attack and air defense. Some years later we have great tank models but no content. All we have are a few missions. I dont know whether you know "Panzer Elite". There was some light crew management and a lot of mission. I am sure that would not have been a big deal for you to give the player a name, some statistics, decoration and a small crew. Even the light weight BoS campaign was huge instead of TC. I dont know what to tell other single player when there is no single player content or what i should do with other friends. You missed a great chance to build the next level tank simulation and we do recognice how you left this product alone. Even the release notice was mixed with the hurricane and no word about further development. Engine improvements wont help when there is no content.I know there some MP opportunities, but the TC community is small on dedicated plane server.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Well, I wish we had huge infantry assaults over strongholds and village, 100 hundreds more tanks from all the nations  and armoured vehicles.

But I've got to admit that tank crew is a start. They build it from scratch and it's safe to say that the tanks we have are the most detailed and accurate models ww2 wise, if tank crews perform well it'll be logical that new content and improvements will follow just like what happen for Il2 BoS back in the day. 

For now tank crew is nice, now give it the same support you gave to BoS 8 years ago and it might become the best tank sim we ever had.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

I did some experiments with mission building for TC, but gave up quickly. Not because of any serious bugs (although the tank AI still needs some improvements), but because the Prokhorovka map is just not suitable for the gameplay I had in mind. The landscape is rather bleak and not detailed enough. There is too much open country, so engagements are usually at longer ranges, which is rather boring.

TC does have potential when it comes to SP content, but I wish we would get some smaller, more detailed maps, better suited for close range fighting. I have no idea if more detailed maps are possible, in the end we are using the tanks in a flight sim enviroment.

• Upvote 7
jollyjack

I have no experience with other tank stuff as i was not really interested, only bought TC out of support and was quite amazed of it's quality.

But the main fun was having the time to poke around the TC map and the Vileikiluki summer map enjoying the well done graphics.

Out of curiosity i looked at a few other tank sim demos. TC seems still  the best graphically and vehicle wise. I miss a few like drive-able trucks and jeeps.

Bought the 2 flak vehicle pre-orders.

Funny, TC marketing is not showing up if you google for 'best tank simulators", and it's IMO the best LoL.

Flight simulator or not: more ships, trains, infantry  and vehicles would be very welcome. Of course at an extra price for the work done.

55 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

I have no experience with other tank stuff as i was not really interested, only bought TC out of support and was quite amazed of it's quality.

But the main fun was having the time to poke around the TC map and the Vileikiluki summer map enjoying the well done graphics.

Out of curiosity i looked at a few other tank sim demos. TC seems still  the best graphically and vehicle wise. I miss a few like drive-able trucks and jeeps.

Bought the 2 flak vehicle pre-orders.

Funny, TC marketing is not showing up if you google for 'best tank simulators", and it's IMO the best LoL.

Flight simulator or not: more ships, trains, infantry  and vehicles would be very welcome. Of course at an extra price for the work done.

Steel Armor: Blaze of War isn't too bad, although like all Graviteam games far from user friendly. Their graphic engine is somewhat dated, but what they do quite well in all their games (Mius Front, Tank War Tunesia, etc.) is creating realistic looking open landscapes. Even maps showing mostly flat steppe or desert are rich in detail, with gullies, haystacks, trenches, rocks, shell holes or groups of bushes that can be used as cover. Such details are really missing on the Prokhorovka map.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

Hello community,

i am very disappointed about the TC release. 3 years ago i tested TC with the great Tiger mission. It was great, very immersive with IL2 attack and air defense. Some years later we have great tank models but no content. All we have are a few missions. I dont know whether you know "Panzer Elite". There was some light crew management and a lot of mission. I am sure that would not have been a big deal for you to give the player a name, some statistics, decoration and a small crew. Even the light weight BoS campaign was huge instead of TC. I dont know what to tell other single player when there is no single player content or what i should do with other friends. You missed a great chance to build the next level tank simulation and we do recognice how you left this product alone. Even the release notice was mixed with the hurricane and no word about further development. Engine improvements wont help when there is no content.I know there some MP opportunities, but the TC community is small on dedicated plane server.

Thank you for this post. I was so happy when TC was announced. I´m following development since then, looking gameplay vids on YT and wondered about the release announcement yesterday. I get the feeling the release was rushed. After games/sims like Panzer Elite, T34vsTiger, Steel Fury I really had high hopes TC would fill the gap. Judgeing from the gameplay vids, the map lacks details for a tank game. The AI still behaves "weird". Missing single player content. It realy look and feel like a by-product. No one knows where the development is going with this. So I still wait and see, even though I want to support the devs with this venture.

Edited by EagleEye
  • Upvote 3
SCG_judgedeath3
19 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Such details are really missing on the Prokhorovka map.

Kursk area and the russian steppes in southern russia isnt well known for having many trees or bushes etc, mostly open country and land as far as the eye can see and no trees, as german soldiers described it and as: walking forever but not getting anywhere or any tree in sight.

Some photos:
4eb756f62162c72d65766996ba920a48.jpg
9241f1257e43b4b33cdec4097c1db61e.jpg
82526ea3683defb8c305cf57f15faf06.jpg
german-panzers-at-kursk.jpg
Russian vets  and politicans visiting the same place they fought in in the war around kursk area:
russia-22nd-july-2019-kursk-region-russi

but yeha textures on the grass could be better and graphics to be more as in warthunder and as a friend said: have animals in the country side or details to not bore some players who are used to more detailed maps aka world of tanks/warthunder but their kursk maps are more fantasy designs with big hills and what not, IL-2 gets kursk area close to reality.

But yeah theres other battles and in todays il-2 game theres map that offers big forests and varied landscapes, but the graphic engine I doubt can do these things thats being asked for here, would then need havoc or unreal game engine and be similair to warthunder graphics wise.

But then again those games dont try to aim for realism but 3D view radio controlled tanks where you click and shot and not sit inside the tank, personaly I prefer IL-2, having to face T-55s and T-70s tanks in my panther isnt high on my list of: wanna play how it was like in ww2 :P

Edited by SCG_judgedeath3
  • Upvote 5
LachenKrieg
4 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

Hello community,

3 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

I did some experiments with mission building for TC, but gave up quickly. Not because of any serious bugs (although the tank AI still needs some improvements), but because the Prokhorovka map is just not suitable for the gameplay I had in mind. The landscape is rather bleak and not detailed enough. There is too much open country, so engagements are usually at longer ranges, which is rather boring.

TC does have potential when it comes to SP content, but I wish we would get some smaller, more detailed maps, better suited for close range fighting. I have no idea if more detailed maps are possible, in the end we are using the tanks in a flight sim enviroment.

I agree, Tank Crew could use more single player content. But if my understanding is correct, more content has already been added to Tank Crew since it was first announced, and more was promised in yesterdays announcement. 

I would also like to see more interesting opportunities for engagements, so I think I know exactly what you mean. It would be nice to see maps where you could use buildings and other large objects as cover to engage enemy strongholds, or where you control the choke points in defense. But were you able to play around at all with the Quick Mission Builder? I have been able to create a lot of single player content for myself on the fly. And with a little practice, I can even sort of get closer to the more interesting types of engagements you seem to be missing. 

In tank skirmish mode, you can add up to 3 formations on each side, with 4 tanks in each formation. Each formation can have a different type of vehicle with a different load out. I only have just the two maps at the moment so the number of skirmish points I can choose from is limited compared to you, but you will have to experiment with all of them to find the most interesting setting for yourself. Look for landscapes that have hills and rock outcrops, or large areas of trees.

To get the idea just for starters, set your side with 2 tanks (PzIV) in a single formation using APCR rounds. Set the enemy side with 2 formations of 4 T-34 1943's 2500 meters away using only HE rounds. Give the second tank in your formation the command to charge straight into the 8 oncoming T-34's, while you circle around to flank them.

Depending on the location of the skirmish mode point and your imagination with what and how many, you can create some really fun engagements quickly and on the fly. 

• Like 1

More missions won't solve TC's biggest problem on the single player side: Absolutely abysmal AI. Every part of the AI in this game is terrible, from your own tank crew to platoon mates to the enemy. That needs to be fixed before this will be a decent SP game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
LachenKrieg
1 hour ago, EagleEye said:

Thank you for this post. I was so happy when TC was announced. I´m following development since then, looking gameplay vids on YT and wondered about the release announcement yesterday. I get the feeling the release was rushed. After games/sims like Panzer Elite, T34vsTiger, Steel Fury I really had high hopes TC would fill the gap. Judgeing from the gameplay vids, the map lacks details for a tank game. The AI still behaves "weird". Missing single player content. It realy look and feel like a by-product. No one knows where the development is going with this. So I still wait and see, even though I want to support the devs with this venture.

If you are at all interested in WWII AFV game play, then I really think you are missing out and would enjoy Tank Crew even with all its current shortcomings.

I certainly wouldn't argue with a lot of the points you raised, I myself have been critical of Tank Crew on certain other points, but only in an effort to inform the Dev team about issues from the player's point of view.

Being attached to this franchise almost from the beginning and seeing the various modules develop, I am assuming you would have built a certain confidence in the IL2 team by now. Like all new game startups, Tank Crew does have its teething issues, but I guess it comes down to how much you believe in the Dev team here.   

39 minutes ago, kalnaren said:

More missions won't solve TC's biggest problem on the single player side: Absolutely abysmal AI. Every part of the AI in this game is terrible, from your own tank crew to platoon mates to the enemy. That needs to be fixed before this will be a decent SP game. 

I couldn't agree more. My hope would be that this will at least in part be addressed with the addition of infantry which is apparently on the way. Considering that the upcoming infantry will be AI based, I am hoping that this creates the needed opportunity to address other AI issues in general.

1 hour ago, SCG_judgedeath3 said:

Kursk area and the russian steppes in southern russia isnt well known for having many trees or bushes etc, mostly open country and land as far as the eye can see and no trees, as german soldiers described it and as: walking forever but not getting anywhere or any tree in sight.

but yeha textures on the grass could be better and graphics to be more as in warthunder and as a friend said: have animals in the country side or details to not bore some players who are used to more detailed maps aka world of tanks/warthunder but their kursk maps are more fantasy designs with big hills and what not, IL-2 gets kursk area close to reality.

But yeah theres other battles and in todays il-2 game theres map that offers big forests and varied landscapes, but the graphic engine I doubt can do these things thats being asked for here, would then need havoc or unreal game engine and be similair to warthunder graphics wise.

But then again those games dont try to aim for realism but 3D view radio controlled tanks where you click and shot and not sit inside the tank, personaly I prefer IL-2, having to face T-55s and T-70s tanks in my panther isnt high on my list of: wanna play how it was like in ww2 :P

I don't think it is that big of an ask though. Think of games like Post Scriptum where you have multi-player tanks in very detailed maps. I would prefer to see Tank Crew fix things like the gun-lock on position change issue, and the move to a full multi-crew where all 4 playable positions can be manned by players first. But map improvements would certainly be welcome. 

Edited by LachenKrieg
simfan2015

I enjoy TC a lot.

TC is available at just 60 EURO/USD for 10 in-depth simulated tanks ... talking about dirt-cheap !

If there would be any other 2020 PC-tech tank sim/game that offers in-tank warfare on many battlefields (maps) like IL-2 TC then I would like to know because ... I would buy it asap, but I personally can't find any.

War Thunder tank war seems to be (by looking at quite some YouTube video) great fun and visually pleasing. However I doubt the OP would be satisfied with its Arcade game-play and (MP) -audience. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, TIGRE88 said:

there is no solo content for tank crew ??

It's been a while since I read comments like this on this forum .. I do not understand how this is possible?

there are many mission creators and even campaign creators who have apparently done a good job, when you see the public comments that some players have made to them..

of course the missions are not always historical but I think their level design is sometimes superior to the official missions, and moreover the total number of missions created by these creators must be about 200 solo missions in total ..or more...

but it's really strange when I read comments which complain that it there is no solo content, I really feel like everything the community members have offered for free, like Namhee, Elliott, Saldy, Leon portier, Thad, photog, hamaha, loft, jade monkey, TX-tips  and others "I don't remember all of them "just doesn't matter. it is as if it did not exist .. it is still incredible this phenomenon ??

For my part, for those who do not know me, I have worked hard since January 2020, and we are in November 2020, I made 17 campaigns for a total of 139 missions "too bad 1 mission is missing to do 140" .. and frankly it makes me very strange to hear that there is no solo content ..

*sigh*Jesus, here we go again. No SP content ie. official SP support. Without community creators this game would end up in the trash. So cheers for your work.

Edited by Goosevich

Hey, sure but that doesn't make it right. It's rather bad actually. 40 servicable official missions (sorry, the soviet mini campaign was kinda okay) for that price point is really wrong.

Also - custom/user made content and mods = awesomeness, but it's not your job to finish what the devs started. It pisses me off and that's exactly why i couldn't interest any of my tanker friends into this sim.

SCG_judgedeath3
38 minutes ago, TIGRE88 said:

and that is why I find it a bit strange to say that there is no content when there is some ..

Have you contacted Jason about having your missions made official single player missions?
Your stuff is great and if made official and the game developers allows it: everyone wins 😄

• Upvote 1

Custom missions made official? Sure, but also make sure you will get paid for it. It's not about you or the other content creators. The game is advertised and sold as a finished whole product, and the sim itself is at alpha stage or early beta stage at best at this point.

simfan2015

I have the impression some people simply want, for reasons I can only guess, to try to come up with stuff that supposedly is not there, was not even promised, but was somehow expected!?BTW How many SP mission are... enough? ... 1000... Probably not even that? Personally I read what I would get, got more than that. The only reason I never complain here is because this company delivers as promised. BTW, most companies do, yes even ED... but few deliver what was not promised. This company keeps amazing me... nothing I bought from them disappointed me in any way, and to me that is worth my gratitude... also for TC. 

• Upvote 4
JG51_Beazil

We paid full price to access the product during development, not for a fully developed product at full price.  For that we would have had to wait for the recent final release.  It was a way we could support development.  I think most of us understand that.

• Upvote 4
BladeMeister

I have to agree with Simfan and I am an early access customer. I just read the advertisement for TC and everything they pitched is there. There are things that need work, the AI and the advertised tank platoon AI, AI being able to see through landscape, buildings  and never miss on the first shot, but all in all 1C has delivered what they pitched when beginning this project. Just the fact that Jason is trying to introduce infantry, which he at one time said would never happen, is very encouraging. Time will tell, but TC is playable and is fun to play with endless possibilities for the future. The user made, Syn Hash???, Quick mission builder sounds really good but honestly I haven't tried it yet. The only way that Jason and 1C will continue to work on this is if interest remains high and sales are good.  Thanks to the community members here making a lot of Single Player material I don't really see the negative comments being lobbied really holding any pull. It was never promised that there would be a certain amount of Official SP content beyond the 2 campaigns. Like any tank sim, there is certainly room for improvement, but like Tiger88 said it is fun, and that is what it is all about.

SBlade<><

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
JG27_Steini
14 hours ago, TIGRE88 said:

there is no solo content for tank crew ??

It's been a while since I read comments like this on this forum .. I do not understand how this is possible?

there are many mission creators and even campaign creators who have apparently done a good job, when you see the public comments that some players have made to them..

of course the missions are not always historical but I think their level design is sometimes superior to the official missions, and moreover the total number of missions created by these creators must be about 200 solo missions in total ..or more...

but it's really strange when I read comments which complain that it there is no solo content, I really feel like everything the community members have offered for free, like Namhee, Elliott, Saldy, Leon portier, Thad, photog, hamaha, loft, jade monkey, TX-tips  and others "I don't remember all of them "just doesn't matter. it is as if it did not exist .. it is still incredible this phenomenon ??

For my part, for those who do not know me, I have worked hard since January 2020, and we are in November 2020, I made 17 campaigns for a total of 139 missions "too bad 1 mission is missing to do 140" .. and frankly it makes me very strange to hear that there is no solo content ..

You really do a great job. But please image the following:

There is a new customer from steam interested in tank warfare. He will buy an expensive game. He will install TC and wants to start a "Tiger" campaign to replay the Battle of Kursk. He starts the campaign without a "Name", without a tank platoon, without a rank. Every mission is another tank, another commander another battle ground. In many mission you dont even have to shoot, just follow the leading platoon. Do you really think this might be the promised campaign? It is not and is not up to the gamer to search for new stuff somewhere deep in unknown communities. Every single plane scenario has fundamentally functions TC has not. And it should not be up to the community to do this. 

I might encourage you to contact Jason making your campaings official, because only a very few new gamer will find the way to our campaigns. You might promote your campaigns even more, even for new player.

7 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I have to agree with Simfan and I am an early access customer. I just read the advertisement for TC and everything they pitched is there. There are things that need work, the AI and the advertised tank platoon AI, AI being able to see through landscape, buildings  and never miss on the first shot, but all in all 1C has delivered what they pitched when beginning this project. Just the fact that Jason is trying to introduce infantry, which he at one time said would never happen, is very encouraging. Time will tell, but TC is playable and is fun to play with endless possibilities for the future. The user made, Syn Hash???, Quick mission builder sounds really good but honestly I haven't tried it yet. The only way that Jason and 1C will continue to work on this is if interest remains high and sales are good.  Thanks to the community members here making a lot of Single Player material I don't really see the negative comments being lobbied really holding any pull. It was never promised that there would be a certain amount of Official SP content beyond the 2 campaigns. Like any tank sim, there is certainly room for improvement, but like Tiger88 said it is fun, and that is what it is all about.

SBlade<><

TC was announced shortly after Kuban. For Kuban we got a career. Speaking as a customer, wouldn't it be possible to expect a "small" career system? What we got now are only some missions placed in some random order. The same you can get when you choose a tank in the single mission directory. Even the BoS 8 years ago had a pilot, statistics, a progress and many more. You know what, 95% of the community considered as really bad. We have some great plane campaigns now, showing the possibilities of IL2, Jason should have wait giving the community even small better presentation.

10 hours ago, simfan2015 said:

I have the impression some people simply want, for reasons I can only guess, to try to come up with stuff that supposedly is not there, was not even promised, but was somehow expected!?BTW How many SP mission are... enough? ... 1000... Probably not even that? Personally I read what I would get, got more than that. The only reason I never complain here is because this company delivers as promised. BTW, most companies do, yes even ED... but few deliver what was not promised. This company keeps amazing me... nothing I bought from them disappointed me in any way, and to me that is worth my gratitude... also for TC. 

You call some random mission a campaign? For germany you switch from Pz IV to VI and back. At the end several Pz III missions. This is not a campaign. But you are right, they called it campaign so they full filled theis promise. I played the mission through in 4 hours, dont even had to shoot in some mission. As a tank simmer for 25 years now, i do know what real single player content is. And as a programmer i know that it would not be that hard giving us only some small career options. The system is allready there.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 2
jollyjack

Agree, Tigre's stuff is in fact what got me going & more interested after buying TC, could be very well be made 'official' for starters.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
BladeMeister

JG27_Steini, to be short and to the point. No you cannot expect a small career mode because the Devs never promised it and plainly answered questions here about that very subject. There were never plans to incorporate the career mode in TC 1. Hopefully in the future maybe they will. I hope so anyway. As far as finding user made missions & skins in the IL2 Forums, it is 2 clicks from the home page TC section near the bottom of page to get into either the Missions or skins threads. Don't exaggerate, neither are deeply buried in the Forum. I get it, you are not happy with TC, state what needs to be corrected, stand your ground and repeat as necessary and see if 1C does anything about it. That is what I and many others did when BOS launched and it was totally awful when released. Look where we are now. Your welcome by the way. 😁LMAO!

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
JG27_Steini
39 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

JG27_Steini, to be short and to the point. No you cannot expect a small career mode because the Devs never promised it and plainly answered questions here about that very subject. There were never plans to incorporate the career mode in TC 1. Hopefully in the future maybe they will. I hope so anyway. As far as finding user made missions & skins in the IL2 Forums, it is 2 clicks from the home page TC section near the bottom of page to get into either the Missions or skins threads. Don't exaggerate, neither are deeply buried in the Forum. I get it, you are not happy with TC, state what needs to be corrected, stand your ground and repeat as necessary and see if 1C does anything about it. That is what I and many others did when BOS launched and it was totally awful when released. Look where we are now. Your welcome by the way. 😁LMAO!

S!Blade<><

I did not talked about a full career mode. I talked about more mission, simple statistics, some crew member and decorations. Do you really think this is impossible or even hard to do, when this is still in the game. We have squadron management,  ranks, news paper, decorations etx. I wrote that i expected more than just some random missions. After the bad career system of BoS the team gave us a much better in BoK. After several years now things getting worse again. When some random mission are ok for you, fine, but i doubt for many new player expecting a better campaign it is not. When your definition of a campaign are just 10 missions, then you never played a immersive game like "Panzer Elite" or other tank simulations many years ago. Try it. Here are my suggestions:

- Give us (even small) campaign in the same tank platoon

- Give the player and crew a name

- Give us ranks and decorations

- Give the platoon a resource management, where tanks have to be fixed or getting upgraded.

- Give us statistics, pls not the futuristic page we have now, i only say "6 x UBoat" like every AI pilot in you squadron.

- Give us crew management or some crew progress, injuries etc.

- In Kursk both sides had famous tank aces, name them and let player join their platoon

- Missions are very shot, immersive mission like the first Tiger mission are missing

- Give us an easy platoon managment with resources, fuel etc.

- Let the crew talk, let them assign targets. Germany had greats commands they used in their tanks. 

- For IL2 you made some movies

- Give us an better interface which feels like a ground or air simulator

Thank you.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 1
BladeMeister
11 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

Speaking as a customer, wouldn't it be possible to expect a "small" career system?

Big, medium or small, career means career, it is a lot of work. Don't mince words. If you expected a career you misled yourself. I never said it was impossible, and if it is not hard to do then do it yourself. None of what keep saying 'give, give, give, was promised. You paid 70 bucks, you received everything 1C pitched, nothing more nothing less. You can't feel cheated when they delivered what they promised. You can be disappointed that it it didn't meet your expectations, but that is on you for expecting more than they promised. It sounds like you need not buy sims on an early access program. Wait until the sim is finished and you can read reviews and way your expectations against the content that is actually present, not the other way around which is obviously what you did this time. One more thing, TC never promised to be PE. PE's content and depth have amassed over a lot of years of development. I get it, you are disappointed with the release version you received. I am only calling you out for injectting your expectations of what was never promised into a valid reason to tell other potential customers that TC is shallow on SP content and depth of tank simulation.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1
JG27_Steini
10 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Big, medium or small, career means career, it is a lot of work. Don't mince words. 

You are wrong, we allready have them all in the game. Crew name, statistics etc. those small career options are all implemented in the game for 8 years now. And i dont have high expecatations, i only expect the basic mechanics every other war game has. Even 30 years old game had those options, even BoS had it, it is not a fault to compare with the first IL2 product here. And about promises, they said nothing about the campaign, so in your definition even only 1 mission would have full fill that. If you are happy with fine. I am not, because i at least expected the standard functions all other games have, even all other IL2 products.

Wolfpack345
27 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

You are wrong, we allready have them all in the game. Crew name, statistics etc. those small career options are all implemented in the game for 8 years now. And i dont have high expecatations, i only expect the basic mechanics every other war game has. Even 30 years old game had those options, even BoS had it, it is not a fault to compare with the first IL2 product here. And about promises, they said nothing about the campaign, so in your definition even only 1 mission would have full fill that. If you are happy with fine. I am not, because i at least expected the standard functions all other games have, even all other IL2 products.

For starters you are asking for a lot more features above than we have in the Career mode for Box as it is. You are wrong in saying little to no work goes into the career mode. Just the newspapers alone I am sure take lots of time! Not to mention the research for units loadouts ect. 

Regardless, this doesn't matter. Like others have said a career mode was never promised and is not a feature listed when you purchase the sim. You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. Next time you should do some research before you buy.    

Edit- Also for the record. " Historical scripted Soviet and German campaigns." is listed as a feature in the store page.  (Regarding your last point)

Edited by Wolfpack345
  • Upvote 3
JG27_Steini
3 minutes ago, Wolfpack345 said:

For starters you are asking for a lot more features above than we have in the Career mode for Box as it is. You are wrong in saying little to no work goes into the career mode. Just the newspapers alone I am sure take lots of time! Not to mention the research for units loadouts ect. 

Regardless, this doesn't matter. Like others have said a career mode was never promised and is not a feature listed when you purchase the sim. You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. Next time you should do some research before you buy.   

I wrote what is missing, you dont understand that small things can be very important. Even the smallest IL2 campaign has a specific squadron and a specific story. Would you please define a campaign. I dont find anything after researching. But i can say that ALL other IL2 campaign consist of a specific story, a specific squadron and other things TC has not. No please tell me why i should expect less then IL2 campaign standards. Thx

Voidhunger

Panzer elite career mode type with awards and statistic is what im looking for in the future. This will boost the game to another level. But thats a huge amount of missions for every tank, so i dont think we will get something like that. maybe as side project from the 3d party sold as separated product.

• Upvote 1
JG27_Steini
1 minute ago, Voidhunger said:

Panzer elite career mode type with awards and statistic is what im looking for in the future. This will boost the game to another level. But thats a huge amount of missions for every tank, so i dont think we will get something like that. maybe as side project from the 3d party sold as separated product.

That would be awesome. We have great mission maker here. Maybe Jason can put the stuff we have here and make it official. 

Voidhunger

I need to check those mission again, i tried two and was very disappointed. 

Edited by Voidhunger
On 11/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, LachenKrieg said:

Being attached to this franchise almost from the beginning and seeing the various modules develop, I am assuming you would have built a certain confidence in the IL2 team by now. Like all new game startups, Tank Crew does have its teething issues, but I guess it comes down to how much you believe in the Dev team here.

I´m confident in what they are doing with WWII air warfare, yes. With TC I remain sceptical. Sure 3D models, DM, physics and so on is there but thats just not enough for my likeing. They might add something over time, for now the price tag is to high for what they offer with it, in my eyes. Additional AA vehicles for 20 bucks each is another story...

• Upvote 1
LachenKrieg
1 hour ago, EagleEye said:

I´m confident in what they are doing with WWII air warfare, yes. With TC I remain sceptical. Sure 3D models, DM, physics and so on is there but thats just not enough for my likeing. They might add something over time, for now the price tag is to high for what they offer with it, in my eyes. Additional AA vehicles for 20 bucks each is another story...

Thanks for your comment. With the description you gave above, I'm just curious what else we should expect in a SIM? I get that some will see the full price of entry as being high, but the up side now that it has been officially released is that it should be more heavily discounted whenever they have sales. Maybe you will consider supporting the Tank Crew module then like I am sure many others will.

Regarding the cost of the recently announced AA collector vehicles, it is right inline with the collector planes being sold. I don't know if you have purchased any of the planes, but they can go as high as $25.

I think as a community, we have to be realistic in our demands, while at the same time maintain a position so that the Dev's keep it fair. If we want more content developed to the current high standard of IL2, which means starting with researching all the technical specs of any given model to creating the textures of how the thing will look and everything in between, then we have to accept that there will be a cost to do that. I don't think $20 is asking too much when it costs nearly that much for a pack cigarettes. I'm paying $6 for a Coffee at Starbucks, and it takes the guy all of about 90 seconds to make. So I'm actually quite happy if IL2 is willing to hire a team of software engineers/project specialists to work for months on a new vehicle that will make the simulated battle field more interesting. I don't know about you, but that is exactly why I'm here, to enjoy the SIM.

• Upvote 1

Cost for the sim has so many variables which correspond to individuals on entirely different levels, and my guess would be that the price has been set to reach the target audience trying to balance sales with acceptable profit margins for the company and it's employees.  I agree with LachenKrieg, prices have gone up, but if I divide my time spent with this sim as compared to the cost, I've had hours and hours of fun for very little money.  I've found that this company relies on mission builders  like Tigre88 to name only one,  and many others.... like the skinners, people like Pat Wilson, multiplayer server hosts, and so many others to actually expand the playability of the sim tapping into it's strengths.  

In short, if you think you are going to sit back and not have to take a proactive effort to find the best way to play this sim, then you are missing the concepts of the IL2 series I believe.  The player niche is a refined group of people, not the all encompassing groups that hoard over to the War Thunder platform and other games like it.   I totally understand the argument that for that much money I should be able to have career tracking and all the goodies that go with it, but it doesn't negate the fact that there are a lot of us that put more time into making the game work for us.

What can you do with the game....well you can build your own missions, you can skin your own tanks, you can make movies, you can integrate air and ground combat for some really neat combined arms missions, you can tap into the work of others who have added really neat historical mods.  I know, some people don't have the time for all this, but the point is...it's all in there.  It's not the Dev's fault that people don't have the time to use what they've provided for your 70 bucks.  You can join a tank unit, or participate in an air wing that is using tank crew within it's combined arms missions.  Pilots are finding out in some of our squads out here like DD, JG1 and ours that this combined arms is really freaking neat.

Let's talk about the AI that is so deplorable...I invite you to head out with us on a mission going against strictly AI and see if you think it's a push over.  The tank AI will go where you tell it to for the most part.  Sure it's not perfect, but set your triggers right, throw in some artillery, some ground pounders above....all modelled extremely well  and you've got the makings for some real 3 hour mission fun.  Tank n Spank that JG1 hosts is a blast and our unit along with some other units out there are hosting combined arms on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong, for some of you who are looking at this game as stand alone single player, I understand your complaints, but if you've already got the game, heck make it work for you.  Branch out into some other areas....see what you can come up with even on your own.  

In short, you can fish...or cut bait.

Edited by SCG_Neun
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
JG27_Steini
2 hours ago, SCG_Neun said:

Don't get me wrong, for some of you who are looking at this game as stand alone single player, I understand your complaints, but if you've already got the game, heck make it work for you.  Branch out into some other areas....see what you can come up with even on your own.  

Thx for this optimistic point of view. I believe that TC and IL2 but would be even more successfull if it would be more user friendly and more single player orientated. 90% of this is allready in the game. Why dont polish it and make it a great game for a bigger community.

• Upvote 4
SCG_judgedeath3

If some complain about the AI in tank crew, then you should remember how they were like in Tiger vs t-34 or panzer 44, and at times panzer elite, steel fury at release without modes is also pretty bare and no infantery as it was added later and mostly from mods if I recall right, here is a review of tiger vs t-34 from back in the day 😄

https://www.tanksim.com/reviews/t34vstiger.htm

• Upvote 1
Count_Sessine

Well, I wrote a very positive review of this game when it got into Early Access. Unfortunately there has been no significant feature development between then and now. Tanks are great, very well modelled, but the battlefield as a whole is not. It feels just a half-hearted as the DCS Combined Arms module. The sound is not very good and map tech that is unsuited for ground warfare stand out for me as things I constantly notice when I play.

Edited by Count_Sessine
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Count_Sessine said:

Well, I wrote a very positive review of this game when it got into Early Access. Unfortunately there has been no significant feature development between then and now. Tanks are great, very well modelled, but the battlefield as a whole is not. It feels just a half-hearted as the DCS Combined Arms module. The sound is not very good and map tech that is unsuited for ground warfare stand out for me as things I constantly notice when I play.

Presenting us with map manipulation capabilities and buildings to create towns and villages in the mission editor would be great for us mission builders. I'd love that for Christmas.

Santa... you listening? I've been a good boy this year. Really.... I have. 😁

I have a reason for the request. I purchased reference material to create some historically base armored battles during the Battle Of The Bulge and Patton's 3rd Army.

One big problem though. The Rheinland map doesn't include ANY of the towns and villages where the battles took place. 😕

Edited by Thad
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
SCG_judgedeath3

Isnt that possible already? Know that the servermaker of tank n spank can put in buildings and bridges etc pretty much at will, the map however wont show them 😛