Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 65

It might be more of a problem with certain hardware (i'm also a Warthog user and do not have this problem), but it only seemed to show up for most people after one of the recent BoS updates, so it's not use that.

But if you do have this problem, wouldn't it be possible to set the config files to read-only? Or does it still invert the axis back?

Try to use the original files of the current patch in the input folder and only copy your .map and .actions files over the "stock" data. If this helps, let me know.

... have to go in and do it each time they launch the sim, it starts reversed for them every time.

What indicate that config files changes are not being recorded in proper file.

But if you do have this problem, wouldn't it be possible to set the config files to read-only? Or does it still invert the axis back?

Yes,  Windows UAC cause issue in "others" il-2, specially if game are installed in Program Files... The config files is set read-only.

Might be worth testing with UAC disabled.

Mine is in D:\il-2...

Sokol1

G940 Hotas , i was able to eliminate the G940 reversal bug and right now am back in buizness with the reverse bug of the throttle by the game - isnt it ironic...

Win7 64bit, UAC off , installed on a dedicated gaming SSD

The bug was introduced 2 patches ago when'I remember correct.

Each time fiddling the deadzone is a bit annoying.

edit: used the G940 stick and peadsl with a Saitek throttle, same thing.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

I had the reversal / inverted bug show up 2 patches ago with both a Thurstmaster Warthog throttle and a CH Throttle Quadrant.

I deleted the current.map, current.actions, and current.responses files, launched the game again to let them regenerate, then re-entered all my settings.

Doing that was a pain, but the newest update did not cause the reverse bug to show up for me again, so maybe something is getting carried through in those files.  

Just a theory, with a sample size of one.

Is the 190 going to be available for non-premium purchase before release or are we going to have to wait until the full game comes out to buy it separately? 

I had the reversal / inverted bug show up 2 patches ago with both a Thurstmaster Warthog throttle and a CH Throttle Quadrant.

I deleted the current.map, current.actions, and current.responses files, launched the game again to let them regenerate, then re-entered all my settings.

Doing that was a pain, but the newest update did not cause the reverse bug to show up for me again, so maybe something is getting carried through in those files.  

I did exactly the same. It does cost some time, but the bug is gone. (MSFF2 and CH throttle)

Yep. Fixed mine too. Much appreciated. :biggrin:

Is the 190 going to be available for non-premium purchase before release or are we going to have to wait until the full game comes out to buy it separately? 

You will have to wait for full release. 

You will have to wait for full release. 

Thats not correct. If i remember correctly it has been stated that the 190 will be, along with the LA5, available for purchase at the end of june.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Thats not correct. If i remember correctly it has been stated that the 190 will be, along with the LA5, available for purchase at the end of june.

Oh, really? My mistake then, hadn't seen that. 

Going to give the new bombsite a try out. Will let you know my results.

It's not implemented yet.

I used it the other day...i got accurate hits from 3000m, then it seemed to stop working right a day or 2 after

I used it the other day...i got accurate hits from 3000m, then it seemed to stop working right a day or 2 after

Out of ammo?

;)

Will Part 66 bring the Butcher Bird for us to fly? With Beta approaching and all, I will miss these unexpected surprises.

No, it was posted by the devs earlier today that the Butcher Bird will not be with us until sometime in June.

Posted by black six "Don't wait for 190 today. We'll finish work on this plane in June."

Edited by pilotpierre

hey guys just a quick question

by accident i press F10 key which has saved an unwanted view as default in La5

how can i delete this and restore the default one?

hey guys just a quick question

by accident i press F10 key which has saved an unwanted view as default in La5

how can i delete this and restore the default one?

Skouras, I think this will work for you. Clik num5, the default head center position. Use the   home, insert, delete and end   keys to adjust your head position. Press F10 to save. Doing this in a quick mission with the time slowed down and/or zooming in/out may make it easier to fine tune your view as sometimes the movement is too quick.

• Upvote 1

Can we have a realistic option in the multiplayer mode please.

So the gunner is the actual bombardier just like the real life. And the pilot can concentrate on flying the plane. And the bombardier will tell the pilot to steady and when to drop.

• Upvote 2

Come on guys. Don't just like my post, comment on it so people in dev team know that we want it.  ;)

Well make up your mind. Your sig is not helping  :P

• Upvote 1