Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 65

Hi Everybody!

Summer, the last season that divides us from the release date is coming really soon. And the remaining 3 months are going to give all the early access owners a chance to try almost every game’s feature before the launch later in September. Today's update is mostly fixing the bugs that have been reported during the past week. Also we’ve enabled air reaction to gun and bomb pods, added new features to the MP stats system, etc..

SInce this week’s game version is not rich in changes we decided to get a bit educational.

Firstly, we publish a guide that would help amature bomber pilots to get better aquanted with the Pe-2 bomb sight.

pe2_bombsight_tips_en.png

Secondly, many of you already know about the Network settings in the game menu. This is where you can apply the most effective parameters for received and sent traffic. This section of the settings is specifically useful in these two cases:

- you have a very fast unlimited internet and you’d like to take the best from the game; also the position of planes around you will be shown as precise as possible

- you have slow internet and connection is not reliable, but you want to play with comfort and enjoy playing withour “warps”, “teleportations” and so on.

How it works if settings are incorrect:

1) You have slow internet connection but ingame settings are for fast connection. This causes other planes to lug down and your own plane is not controlled comfortably

2) You have fast internet but your ingame settings are for slower internet. Because of that all planes around you seem to be flying oddly slow.

How it should work when set up properly:

a) find out the speed of your internet connection (use this test, for instance; EU server - Dublin, US server - San Jose);

b) divide this number into 4;

c) put the result into the Downloading speed field (if the test result is 10Mb/s or less, put 1 or 2 into the settings);

d) Uploadinng speed may stay default which is 1Mb/s (but you may down it to 256kb/s is your uploading speed is limited for some reason)

Considering the listed principles, you may experiment with network settings. But what you must keep in mind is that you should not underestimate or overestimate your internet connection quality.

And thirdly, we announce the list of unlockable modifications for Fw 190 A-3 fighter which is going to be available in early access in a few weeks.

fw190a3_en.png

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 3

Awesome, thanks for the update. Really looking forward for this little flying gunplatform.

Thanks for the update. The Pe-2 guide is a nice little printable sheet.

A bit surprised to see the MG FF cannons for the Fw 190 as unlockables. Shouldn't they be standard and have the removal of them as an unlockable?

Good to see a steady progress.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update. The Pe-2 guide is a nice little printable sheet.

A bit surprised to see the MG FF cannons for the Fw 190 as unlockables. Shouldn't they be standard and have the removal of them as an unlockable?

Good to see a steady progress.

+1

I think the unlockables are different ammo quantities for the MGFF

Cheers Dakpilot

Will we get 60 minutes mutiplayer sessions as mentioned in another thread?

Yes, as planned.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the bug fixes will get me back in the air for more BoS fun.

Will the forward gunner be able to use the bombsight? I'm not sure if it's the pilot or gunner that uses the sight in the actual Pe-2.

Salut!

Hello fellow pilots/bombers,

To set up the bombsight in the Pe-2 correctly you must take wind speed and wind angle from a weather report. Anyone knows where to find that weather report or is it not implemented (yet)?

To set up the bombsight in the Pe-2 correctly you must take wind speed and wind angle from a weather report. Anyone knows where to find that weather report or is it not implemented (yet)?

I think we will get it with this update (?)

S!

Thanks for the update :) Good time to test as a week off work ;) But shall see if weather is good = being outdoors :) Have a nice weekend all!

• Upvote 2

Briefing screen on entering server, left or right menu or "O" in game I presume :salute:

He een Hollander ;)

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to trying the updated bombsight ........... and............................

if weather is good = being outdoors :)

..........................according to the weather forecast it looks like I'll have plenty of time to try it :) .

Has the update been released ?

When I start the launcer it shortly tells "Checking version" and then tell "Play", but nothing is downloaded.

Also the Bombsight does not have all the knobs as shown on the bomsight guide above.

FinnJ

How it should work when set up properly:
a) find out the speed of your internet connection (use this test, for instance; EU server - Dublin, US server - San Jose);
b) divide this number into 4;

Shouldn't that be divide BY 8?

Has the update been released ?

When I start the launcer it shortly tells "Checking version" and then tell "Play", but nothing is downloaded.

Also the Bombsight does not have all the knobs as shown on the bomsight guide above.

FinnJ

No, check again in a few hours

Thanks for the update.

Since FW190 is a few weeks away, any chance of getting a few more pics ... cockpit???

Shouldn't that be divide BY 8?

4-5 worked for us, should work for you. But if you have connection issues then youre free to experiment of course

Thanks for the update.

Since FW190 is a few weeks away, any chance of getting a few more pics ... cockpit???

I'll try to find some next week but not today, smink

I'm looking forward to getting in some flying time this U.S. Memorial Day weekend. Will in-game AA work with FlightFX this update?

Charlo

Hi Zak,

Can you share with us bugfix list? So we can have a look at what has been fixed.Not to be guessing and speculating.It will also prevent redundant topics about "was this item fixed or not?"

Can you share with us bugfix list? So we can have a look at what has been fixed.Not to be guessing and speculating.It will also prevent redundant topics about "was this item fixed or not?"

I don't remember posting patch notes and we don't plan to publish them in the future.

We know about bugs and we fix them. Some of them may take more or less time of course. Obvious issues are taken care ASAP, like Lagg controls problems last week and so on.

Since I very loudly voiced my concerns about the lack of adequate bomb sights many months ago, I now want to say that I'm glad you guys could do what you did. The bomb sight is clearly more than the "like RoF" you initially stated, if I misunderstood you - sorry, if you reconsidered - thanks a lot. Looking forward to giving it a try.

• Upvote 3

I was already pleasantly surprised by the original bombsight, but these improvement make it even better. It looks pretty much perfect now.

I don't remember posting patch notes and we don't plan to publish them in the future.

We know about bugs and we fix them. Some of them may take more or less time of course. Obvious issues are taken care ASAP, like Lagg controls problems last week and so on.

Hi Zak,

I mean smtg like you posted last week.That was nice comprehensive list.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/6563-early-access-week-24/

:salute:

The air reation will be interesting  :) . There will be plenty of happy pilots re the 60 mins news on the MP servers when ready

4-5 worked for us, should work for you. But if you have connection issues then youre free to experiment of course

I'll try to find some next week but not today, smink

Thanks Zak!

the wait for FW-190 is a wee bit too long, considering it's "availability" in premium pre-order package.

German side has only 2 fighters available so far - basically 1 fighter in two variants. Did you forget about us, Devs?

the wait for FW-190 is a wee bit too long, considering it's "availability" in premium pre-order package.

German side has only 2 fighters available so far - basically 1 fighter in two variants. Did you forget about us, Devs?

If you read the today`s dev diary carefully, you`ll find the information, that the Fw190 will be available in a few weeks. So, you can be sure the devs didn`t forget about us! ;)

Mh. I shall devide my speed by 4 but the result cannot be put in as it only allows 1, 2, 4 or 10.

Mh. I shall devide my speed by 4 but the result cannot be put in as it only allows 1, 2, 4 or 10.

Just select the closest value.

Shouldn't take long. I wish my X55 HOTAS arrived already. I got the cheapest shipping and it's travelling from the west coast to the east coast on a truck or a snail, idk

I am sorry for repeating myself , but could we get La-5 added to Duel servers?

S.

MG-FF in the wings of the FW190 was basic factory loadout. It shouldn't be in the list of unlockable field mods, but as basic option.

The 90 round drum is fine as unlockable, but not the basic wing guns.

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 3