ATAG_Pattle

Upcoming Patch 010 - Changelog

Hi All,

The team continue to be very busy continuously improving the game and game experience for our great community.

Here is this week's changelog.

*** D.520: Adjusted Propellor, Airframe and engine to correct speeds and
climb.

*** Fix: Toggle Bomb bay doors in Bombardier position not functional.

*** Reduced aircraft shaking when gears and flaps are deployed, and
under high AOA condition.

*** Feature: Easier handling of ingame Info Windows.
Right click on the screen to open the pop up menu and follow the tree to
the desired
Info Window and choose one of the three options: Activate, Customize,
Delete.
There is an option to restore Info Windows to Default settings. The old
way of handling
Info Windows is also still active.

*** Fix: Black bubbles and/or CTDs fixed for a number of ground
vehicles/armor when choosing non-default skin.

*** Fix: Wellington Ia/Trop windshield issue.

*** Fix: Kittyhawk velocity gauge now shows more accurate values.

*** Feature: Dashpic (photo frame) added to all Tobruk planes.

*** Minimum altitude for NORMFLY lowered to 10m.

*** Fix: BR20 Trop propellers centre transparency issue.

*** Fix: Walrus now takes off & lands with landing gear up on water
(Seaplane Bases).

*** Gladiator diffuse textures update.

*** Martlet trop user skins.

*** Winter Terrain Modified

*** Autumn Terrain Modified

Regards,

TFS Team

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

You guys are un-bloody-real. My hat goes off to to you gents for the continued hard work to repair /fix and consistently update this SIM regularly.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I really love all of those updates. Thank you so much. Now, on board one D.520, I'll try to reach speeds up to 500/600 km/h during a levelled flight (which is a historical fact in May 1940, the D.520 racer even exceeded 600 k/m at levelled flight). Also, thank you for the dashpics on the Tobruk's add-on dashboards. This "sweetheart's picture" issue started with a thread opened by a French player in a French-speaking forum, then I reported the request to the bug tracker... and finally the request ended up by an effective resolution of the problem on this very update 5.010. That's great, that team of developers really pays attention to the community, at least when requests are reasonably feasible.

I have one question: I don't know what NORMFLY is... What is NORMFLY?

• Like 2

Minimum altitude for "normal flight" setting in airplane properties in mission builder perhaps? I'm only guessing.

• Thanks 1

NORMFLY means cruising flight, what in CloD means more "sightseeing flight" because AI with this task ignore all happening around.

About flight altitude, in FMB can set 10, even 1 meter, but AI minimal flight altitude is now ~600 feet's/ ~180 meters, raised in some patch as "band-aid" for lawn dart issue. 

BTW - After path 5.010 the minimal practical altitude for AI flight was lowered for 60 meters (over sea) ~184 feet's.

Can set lower values - e.g. 10 meters,  but AI will climb for 30 meters ~ 100 feet's, and became in conflict, putting nose up, then nose down, and so on, flying like a Dolphin.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update on minimum height.  I'll lift my SP Formation Aeros team and see if it helps.

I'm constantly amazed at the work that goes into this Sim.  The other day I was watching a track from a low-set Static Camera and noticed for the first time that treetops wave in the wind!

Yes, the Fusion Team has really proven that the price charged for Tobruk pays off.

I am now eagerly waiting for some (switchable) speed/height exposure bar during gameplay as aid, so that i hit the drink or lawn less often ...

Edited by jollyjack
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Yes, the Fusion Team has really proven that the price charged for Tubuk pays off.

I am now eagerly waiting for some (switchable) speed/height exposure bar during gameplay as aid, so that i hit the drink or lawn less often ...

Yes, that was called the "speed bar" in the old good "IL-2: 1946". In the bug tracker I'm bringing support to your request, the return of the speed bar, not for me but on behalf of other players who already expressed the same wishes. Now I'm about to send you one private message so that we can discuss calmly such matters.

I'll say it again: I'm supporting the return of the speed bar... but I'm doing this only because I do respect other's freedom and others' choices. If the speed bar is back I will ignore it, but others will be happy so I'll be happy for them. That's all. My personal opinion, if you agree I share it with you, is the following : you need no speed bar for preventing yourself from hitting the drink or lawn... you simply need to fly your aircraft same as the real fighter pilots flew theirs back in the 1930's and 1940s. In other words: simply by checking your dashboard instruments. You can quickly zoom on them while you are being pursued by an opponent and obtain good results, same as amazing virtual CoD pilots obtain themselves (cf. Karaya, Flare, Pattle, Molders, Meyer... ). For example, Pattle got me when I was flying my D.520 two weeks ago because I didn't check my six as often as I should have, not because of a lack of any "speed bar" nor any other arcade-like HUD feature on my screen... On top of that: the less arcade-style you bring to your flying the more rewarding this game is, trust me!

All of the above is nothing but my humble opinion. Cheers!

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro
It's Pattle, not Pattles...
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

An toggle ON/OFF and configurable "speed bar":

Compass only - justified, since look at British compass in game is more difficult than in real life.

Compass/speed/altitude  - for those that find this two last info useful.

Edited by Sokol1

My Ironman got captured yesterday after landing to an enemy airfield. The compass was broken by enemy fire. Was thrilling to try figure which direction to fly, while pilot was wounded too. So a bit rush, though I don't know can a pilot bleed to death in this game. 10/10 would never accept speedbar.

Edit: From this on must be prepared to use the sun to give a clue about the right direction.

Edited by messsucher
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, messsucher said:

10/10 would never accept speedbar.

The request consists in adding the speed bar as a potential choice in alphabetical order on the menu of the custom info windows between "Server" and "Vehicle System". Those who want to add the speed bar... they simply add it. Those who don't want any speed bar... they don't add it:

CoD-custom-info-window.jpg

For those who flew their WWII aircarft with the old good "IL-2: 1946" but can't remember what the "speed bar" is, simply have a look at the red data on the lower left-hand corner of the screen on a "IL-2: 1946" screenshoot. Those data (speed, altitude and heading in degrees) were noted "SPD", "ALT" and "HDG":

IL2-1946-Youtube-screenshot.jpg

25 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Edit: From this on must be prepared to use the sun to give a clue about the right direction.

This is a good tip indeed... but only for those who want to fly in "full realism" mode. Let's respect those others who want their old good "speed bar" is back... We who do not want any "speed bar", we will not include it among our info windows. It is as simple as that.

Otherwise, in spite of the fact that the request has been created on the bug tracker, we don't know if whether or not it will be technically possible for the team of developers to bring back that "IL-2: 1946" feature. This could be possible that the speed bar, for different reasons, is incompatible with the CoD source code. Who knows. We inlcuded this request in the bug tracker list of featured requests. Now let's wait and see what happens. There's nothing else we can do.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

The request consists in adding the speed bar as a potential choice in alphabetical order on the menu of the custom info windows between "Server" and "Vehicle System". Those who want to add the speed bar... they simply add it. Those who don't want any speed bar... they don't add it:

Yeah, it better be that way, I don't want freaking speed bar to be forced in my face. It will be deal breaker. I have got with BoX "full realistic" sim, and that is the par now. Will not buy subpar sim.

Note I have nothing against many options in game, have advocated that for a long time so that people can customize their game. Hence it is all fine if they add an option to enable speedbar.

Edited by messsucher
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Note I have nothing against many options in game, have advocated that for a long time so that people can customize their game.

Still now the custom info windows are 100% "customisable". The above mentioned request in the bug tracker, only consists in adding one more option... as an option indeed, not as an imposed feature that would be permanently visible on screen.

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro

1 hour ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

This could be possible that the speed bar, for different reasons, is incompatible with the CoD source code. 

An on screen compass heading window was added for tanks (since they don't have panel), so should not be difficult add for planes. 

I hate this things on screen, the only reason for keep "plane system" Info Window on is the lack of Lubber Line in British compass, result in an ~10º error if set compass based only on guess of 12:00 o'clock position... But I vote for add this as optional feature (like in 1946) because the "average Joe" player want this, look at IL-2:GB videos, 90%+  have that ugly, intrusive, smartphone lookalike "speed bar" on.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Still now the custom info windows are 100% "customisable". The above mentioned request in the bug tracker, only consists in adding one more option... as an option indeed, not as an imposed feature that would be permanently visible on screen.

Yeah, that's good. And good you mention about things. Too much in this modern society of ME ME ME ME ME ME, and NOW. Selfishness, assholism, and self-entitlement. This game is not for me and not for you, this is for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sokol1 said:

I vote for add this as optional feature (like in 1946) because the "average Joe" player want this, look at IL-2:GB videos, 90%+  have that ugly, intrusive, smartphone lookalike "speed bar" on.

Then, in such case, do not hesitate to go to the Bug Tracker and positively bring your upvote to it. It is "Feature Request #1276", titled "height and airspeed".

I don't like it neither, but I brought one upvote to it for the same reasons you explained.

5 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Then, in such case, do not hesitate to go to the Bug Tracker and positively bring your upvote to it. It is "Feature Request #1276", titled "height and airspeed".

I don't like it neither, but I brought one upvote to it for the same reasons you explained.

Where is this? Even Google did not find it.

Please team fusion, don't be like Bos.

Cliff must remain a flight simulator not an arcade game.

If cliff is too complicated for some players, let them play on Bos.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Absolutely..

30 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

100% agree. 

1 hour ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Yup, I agree too.

But I still think getting a customizable speed bar is the same as having the engine settings in % inside an info window to a point (see below). I don’t use this and wouldn’t use the speed bar either.

But still a good option if it shows what your instruments show. This means if your instruments get shot or damaged, you you don’t get the information even if you have the info window up.

Spoiler

One thing though and sorry for insisting on this and being somewhat pedantic with definitions, but TF should not confuse being realistic with not accessible to a larger base of players willing to put in the effort to learn. This considering that “complicated” can go both ways.

The simulation aspect should remain complicated, but not the game itself. 

Many aspects that fall into the quality of life category (and thus making the game more accessible) are being worked on already, which is good. Examples are the new Info Window management from 5.010 and the upcoming hardware setup that has been hinted at more than a couple of times. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

Yup, I agree too.

But I still think getting a customizable speed bar is the same as having the engine settings in % inside an info window to a point (see below). I don’t use this and wouldn’t use the speed bar either.

But still a good option if it shows what your instruments show. This means if your instruments get shot or damaged, you you don’t get the information even if you have the info window up.

Hide contents

One thing though and sorry for insisting on this and being somewhat pedantic with definitions, but TF should not confuse being realistic with not accessible to a larger base of players willing to put in the effort to learn. This considering that “complicated” can go both ways.

The simulation aspect should remain complicated, but not the game itself. 

Many aspects that fall into the quality of life category (and thus making the game more accessible) are being worked on already, which is good. Examples are the new Info Window management from 5.010 and the upcoming hardware setup that has been hinted at more than a couple of times. 

Completely agree.

MP numbers are dropping more and more.

I heard about lots of new players that are discouraged by the old UI and by the clunckyness of some clod menu that are not so friendly to new users.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OBT-Lionel said:

CZ

Il-2 1946 a jiné letecké simulátory nejsou žádné arkády a ukazatel rychlosti a výšky tam jsou zobrazené, na tom není přeci nic špatného jedná se tu hlavně o zvyk měrných jednotek , imperiální a metrické a o tom to je pokud dotyčný nechce si tohle nastavit tak ať to nenastavuje, ale je určitě spousta lidí, kteří to ocení a je to přehlednější než když to vidím v rohu obrazovky (hlavně při leteckém souboji nebo při útoku na pozemní cíl) než posouvat pohledy na budíky a zpět na cíl ... a ještě mě hodně chybí u statických kampaní zvlášt statistika pro každou kampaň počty sestřelu typy letadel místo sestřelu vyznamenání apod. (pilotův deník) samozřejmě i jména pilotů pro každou kampaň, já hraji pouze offline a proto mi to hodně chybí a určitě nejsem sám. přeložím to v překladači snad to pochopí lidé co jsem napsal, ale samozřejmě jinak je to vynikající simulátorse kterým se mi moc dobře lítá a jsem rád že se něco upravuje a opravuje přidává a pořád něco přidává , výborná práce. Buffin

EN 

Il-2 1946 and other flight simulators are no arcades and the speed and altitude indicators are displayed there, there is nothing wrong with that, especially the custom of units of measure, imperial and metric, etc. For that, the touch does not want to set this so let it doesn't set it, but there are definitely a lot of people who appreciate it and it's clearer than when I see it in the corner of the screen (especially in an air battle or when attacking a ground target) than moving the views of alarm clocks and back to the target ... and me a lot is missing in static campaigns peculiarities of statistics for each campaign numbers of downs aircraft types instead of downs honors etc. (pilot's diary) of course also names of pilots for each campaign, I only play offline and therefore I miss a lot and I'm definitely not alone. I'll translate it into translation, maybe the people I wrote will understand it, but of course otherwise it's excellent simulators that will help me very well, and I'm glad that he edits and corrects something adds and still adds something, great job. Buffin

It always bemuses me when other players complain about giving accessibility options to new players. What harm is there in giving people, either learning their way or trying to get into a game, the option of help at the beginning. Providing it can be disabled by those that don't want to use it, I'm all for helping newbies get on their way.

I get that some feel you should be thrown in the deep end and learn the hard way, but at the end of the day this is just a game. Some just want to be able to jump in and out and shoot some stuff when they have some spare time, they don't necessarily want to remember the ins and outs of every cockpit.

As such I'm all for the 46 style speed bar if it helps bring new supporters to CLOD.

• Like 1

What I mean is that a beginner is better off starting with Bos.

Subsequently when he has progressed, he can pass on Cliff.

And if he wishes he will finally go on DCS WW2.

If that's based on your personal experience fair enough, I own all the released box games, but don't get as much enjoyment out of them as I do with cliffs. Both have their charms.

I can't help but feel that making clod more accessible to others would be a great way of encouraging more players to give it a chance. All of my thoughts though refer to offline play, I'm all to aware the multiplayer lot like to teach the spring chickens the hard way. 😜

• Upvote 2

Offline you have the options to select your realism / difficulty accordingly, which is a great thing and should remain so! 

Online of course is a matter of what the server imposes.

I am all for making this sim more accessible to new players. That is the only way it will have a future. 

Lower the entry barrier (through realism options like it has now and something like the speed bar + enhancements to the UI and quality of life features + Eye candy improvements already announced like TrueSky, Tessellation, 4k textures for aircraft and terrain etc. + VR at some point).

But don’t lower the maximum realism we currently enjoy. New players will eventually move up in difficulty settings once they find the lower settings too arcady or easy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

I still think getting a customizable speed bar is the same as having the engine settings in % inside an info window to a point (see below).

No. To be realistic, the game has to be playable. Real planes have to be really flyable. Virtual planes have to be really playable. No escape. A real pilot sitting in a real cockpit REALLY feels and sees the proportion of throttle opening. On a PC monitor or in a VR environment... WE DON'T. This is why in IL2CoD we currently have the info window allowing these informations being expressed in percentages (throttle, radiators, pitch propeller...). And, as a reminder, yes, this window is an option too, same as all info windows in the game. Nothing to do with the "IL-2: 1946" speed bar. That latter gives you informations that you really can check on your instruments (speed, altitude, heading). Thus, the "Engine Info" HUD window in IL2CoD is not an arcade-style feature. The zoom with the camera view is not arcade style neither, as it represents the percentage of attention the pilot can bring to an object located in his environment (either inside or outside the cokpit). Do you zoom closer to check your instruments? Do you think that real pilots back in the 1940s had telescopes in their eyes? You got it? We need unrealistic things in a simulator so that the simulator offers authentic realism. The currently existing "Engine Info" in IL2CoD shows the percentages of how our levers are set, not numbers you can check on a gauge.

2 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

"If your instruments get shot or damaged"? Please!!! stop!!! the speed bar is nothing but an arcade-style help for the players who want this kind of HUD in their game. To include one or two arcade-style HUDs as an option only, this will not make IL2CoD is an arcade game!!! Not at all!!! Those other players who don't want that speed bar in their game... will not activate it, it is as simple as that. If implemented, I will not activate it in my game neither, but I bring my support to the players who want that speed bar is back. And as an option for them only, that's all. You are mixing up their request with your love of full realism: one thing has nothing to do with the other. If it is decided that an arcade-style HUD is back as an option, such arcade-style HUD will have to be accepted for what it is, not mixing it up with that pseudo-full-realism you are suggesting! Full realism amateurs like you and me will ignore that speed bar, it is very simple to understand.

1 minute ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

I am all for making this sim more accessible to new players. That is the only way it will have a future.

Absolutely!

29 minutes ago, Thundercracker said:

I can't help but feel that making clod more accessible to others would be a great way of encouraging more players to give it a chance.

Absolutely!

@343KKT_Kintaro Errr are you agreeing with what I wrote by disagreeing? I think we are both talking about the same thing and have the same view, except for maybe if this should be related to a realism option or not (last point below).

1 - Speed bar with full realism settings can be on, just like the engine information can. As an info window. 

1a - Position of handles in the real cockpit are easily recognizable by touching them. This is not possible in a sim. So the info window is acceptable.

1b - Heading, speed and altitude can be read from your instruments in the real cockpit by moving your eye down. Your head stays in place so you don’t lose what’s in front of you. This is not possible in the sim. So the info window is also acceptable.

2 - But if your instruments in the real plane gets shot off, you don’t read them

2a - There is no way to know your heading or altitude, except estimating by looking outside.

2b - Speed is harder since you only feel acceleration and wind would he too windy at 150 kph or 300 kph

3 - Conclusion: Real life and sim are the same for all three parameters speed, altitude and heading. Hence, no need to keep that information showing with shot out instruments.

Now the only question for me would be if there is any reason to leave these three parameters visible all the time with the info window / speedbar, regardless of if your instruments still show them or not.
I say if so, tie it to a realism option so you still have this possibility offline. This would then go fully in line with what I wrote in the previous post.

I understand what you are saying, J-Hat, but I'm not a TFS developer nor one of the TFS managers. Those latter brought us the Bugtracker wich includes a "requests" section so that we can ask requests that will become (or not) official implementations in the game.

In my understanding of the TFS way of working, at this point in the process, one player (jollyjack) officially created one request, Feature Request #1276 "height and airspeed", and all what is going on here in the forums is nothing but gossip. TFS will pay no more attention to the present thread than a discussion on "Cliffs of Dover" that would have been recorded in Cantonese in a bar in Hong Kong!

I am happy if I can disable all HUDs. I want none of them in my game. That I can do with BoX and will not buy a sim where I must use HUDs which does not exist in real life.

As a reminder only, the request consists in adding one line on the "All items" menu on the right hand side of the custom tool that we've been using since 2011. In the example below no choice in the menu has been chosen and activated... thus... in this instance below, this is an empty and useless window, showing absolutely nothing on screen when you are back into the game. I produced the screenshot only for showing the complete list of potential choices ("All items") in the game:

CoD-custom-info-window.jpg

If you people don't understand that... please do not start pointless debates as I don't think that TFS would accept that one or more HUD info windows are permamently visible on screen, with no other choice for the player. That never was the point. The game is conceived so that the user freely customises his HUD windows following his wishes... if he wishes. With the game we have now, as it is right now, the players decide if whether or not they want those info windows on their screen and I don't think that this is going to change. Zero info windows will be always possible for those who want to apply their personal view on what "full realism" is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

7 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Absolutely..

7 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

100% agree. 

Yep! Agree completely.  After all,  you wouldn't want more than fifty people to play CLoD would you?  Keep up the delusions guys:salute:

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Dear Arthur, they simply didn't get correctly what jollyjack is asking.

You who do not want IL2CoD "turns an arcade game"... aren't you noticing that there are up to 13 potential HUD choices on the screenshot I whowed above? How many of these choices TFS should remove so that you are happy players not playing an arcade game???

Unbelievable...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, messsucher said:

I am happy if I can disable all HUDs. I want none of them in my game. That I can do with BoX and will not buy a sim where I must use HUDs which does not exist in real life.

In CloD you can have clear screen too. Just deactivate the Info Window or just set their transparece in 0, became invisible.

But if you fly British planes will have hard time setting the compass, due the "Lubber Line" oversight.

Other drawback is that "Controller" headings is by most part, incomprehensible.

Edited by Sokol1

15 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yep! Agree completely.  After all,  you wouldn't want more than fifty people to play CLoD would you?  Keep up the delusions guys:salute:

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530

I think you've been sucking on too many gold flakes and just like your avatar,  it has you all choked up mate,  say what you really mean.....:coffee:

16 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Dear Arthur, they simply didn't get correctly what jollyjack is asking.

You who do not want IL2CoD "turns an arcade game"... aren't you noticing that there are up to 13 potential HUD choices on the screenshot I whowed above? How many of these choices TFS should remove so that you are happy players not playing an arcade game???

Unbelievable...

No. I totally understood what JJ was requesting and I'm well aware of how many possible variations of HUD's that can be displayed on an individual screen. We were not asking for anything to be removed,  nor are we asking for it to be turn into an arcade game.

What we were agreeing to was, for it to be left as is - without going over board and adding a HUD speed read out as in BOX. In other word use your KPH/MPH guage - just like your in a Flight Sim.

Nothing more ... end of story.

3 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

In other word use your KPH/MPH guage - just like your in a Flight Sim.

Nothing more ... end of story.

Why are you forbiding jollyjack to use a speed bar that you won't even notice because you'lle never take it as an option and that won't affect your use of the software? Why are you forcing jollyjack to manage the software the way you do?

I had one coffee this morning and I didn't add any sugar to it. Did I do the right thing or do I have to apologise to you?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Why are you forbiding jollyjack to use a speed bar that you won't even notice because you'lle never take it as an option and that won't affect your use of the software? Why are you forcing jollyjack to manage the software the way you do?

I had one coffee this morning and I didn't add any sugar to it. Did I do the right thing or do I have to apologise to you?

I'm not forbidding JJ from expressing his point of view at all mate. Nor am I saying that my way is the right way.

What I am saying, again, is 'Is it too hard to use the KPH/MPH Guage'?

Why do you feel the need to state that you need to apologise to me???  Of course you don't. :thank_you:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1