spudkopf

Ju87D3 official 4k Skins historically corrected (plus stencil fix)

Stencil on right wheel spat corrected for all official skins and those that needed historical correction have also had this done as well. (19:02 AU eastern).

Well I know I've been a tad slack, my only excuse is that I've been doing my community service and providing a bump to numerous online pilots kill statistics.

But without further ado, please find links below to the historically corrected skins of the Stuka in all its 4K glory (and yes I'll get onto the He111(s) soon).

ju87d3.dds

ju87d3_skin_06.dds (the haken is back now, sorry for the inconvenience) 

(Note: Screenies still show stencil error)
Spoiler

stukaH1.thumb.jpg.03aa8bcdeac9fdd449e3e238aebcfe24.jpg

stukaH2.thumb.jpg.5b82ffe80cb0bd368db8e1a6f3d720b8.jpg

stukaH3.thumb.jpg.d9457db912907cfeefb553bc13bc2de5.jpg

stukaH4.thumb.jpg.a535c6e3d7edae2d384e22fd75eca063.jpg

Default = \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\Planes\target folder\Textures\?????.dds

Others = \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\target folder\?????_skin_*.dds

Target folder = ju87d3

Make sure mods is checked and as usual any problems just let me know.

Enjoy

Edited by spudkopf
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 4

Beautiful skins, with a great job involved, thank you very much for your dedication.

Thanks buddy for skins!!

As always an outstanding job!!

Well was playing with the template to make myself some personal skins, when I discovered an error, in that the the wheel spat stencil on the left hand gear is on the inside instead of the outside. I've taken a look and this error is also on all the defaults skins, when I have some time I'll go in and fix them.

BTW here's my new personal skin(s).

Winter:

b645W.thumb.jpg.ec7030710bfb97f502f1fb0c6f8c470f.jpg

Summer:

b645S.thumb.jpg.5ba2d73c7c8eed263ddf6b6c70837e59.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your work, It seems like a complete wheel is copied and pasted on the other wing, right?
Is that what you are seeing buddy?

3 hours ago, M4F said:

Thanks for your work, It seems like a complete wheel is copied and pasted on the other wing, right?
Is that what you are seeing buddy?

Things like this can happen for several reasons, one cause is that in some instances model parts are mirrored (like the trailing ailerons Stuka for example) and this can mess with your head a bit until you realise what's going on, however in this case as the paint work (especially noticeable on winter skins) have made allowances to leave the stencils area's uncovered and for the most part appear to be in the correct location. So I assume that is was just a simple case of having the wrong layer selected when the author was moving some other element around (been there done that).

It is a relatively easy fix, and I'll correct the historic defaults some time soon.

Cheers 

Thanks buddy

for your work. It seems you are hours and hours before your pc to give us  historical correct skins!

I really appreciate your work and the only thing i can say is thank you very much! Thanks for taking your free time, your work and enthusiasm!

Spudkopf i think you forgot to change the  swas on this ac:    ju87d3_skin_06

Edited by Yankee_One

On 9/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, Yankee_One said:

Thanks buddy

for your work. It seems you are hours and hours before your pc to give us  historical correct skins!

I really appreciate your work and the only thing i can say is thank you very much! Thanks for taking your free time, your work and enthusiasm!

Spudkopf i think you forgot to change the  swas on this ac:    ju87d3_skin_06

G'day Y1

Oops while fixing the stencil I somehow put the faux haken back, I've fixed it and is re-uploaded now.

I accidently selected the option not save the haken layers changes on this particular skin, it was late (well early morning) and I knew this action would come around a bite me in the 💩 hole going forward, and it's been a kind of self fulfilling prophecy, made dam certain to save it this time around...... 😬 

Cheers

Edited by spudkopf

Thanks for the skins but i'm sorry it doesn't work for me even with mods enabled.

Everything copied as adviced. Other skins work.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:07 AM, Lemmi said:

Thanks for the skins but i'm sorry it doesn't work for me even with mods enabled.

Everything copied as adviced. Other skins work.

G'day

Well as long as your directories look like those below and you have Mods enabled then you should automatically see the haken versions when you choose the default skins, noting that the thumbnail view will still show the faux haken. going to the setup in the hanger before the mission launch will allow you to preview each of the skins with the haken.

ju871.thumb.JPG.cb1f1dc36e23bb13ab91bf96e10ddc7b.JPG

ju872.thumb.JPG.2ca0aa10fc51cee72031df40992fc091.JPG

Other than this I'm not sure what else you can do.

Cheers

Edited by spudkopf