Buzzsaw

Known Issues: Patch being prepared

Hello All

We have identified a number of issues with the release version and are working on incorporating a patch, which will be added either later today or tomorrow.

The issues:

-  Hurricane IID 40mm Cannon sound is missing

-  Bf-110C-4N-NJG-Trop will cause a crash if independent buttons for Cannon and MG's are programmed and fired

-  Spitfire Mk VB Trop, Mk VB-HF Trop, and all Hurricane II Trop models are prone to overheating

We encourage players to report bugs and issues on this forum.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Some things I’ve noticed is that planes that were previously AI such as the Wellington 1a, Bf-108, etc. Non-trop versions are flyable only over Tobruk and Not over the Channel map.

Note: I have bought Desert Wings.

1 minute ago, Enceladus said:

Some things I’ve noticed is that planes that were previously AI such as the Wellington 1a, Bf-108, etc. Non-trop versions are flyable only over Tobruk and Not over the Channel map.

Note: I have bought Desert Wings.

Tropical versions are built for the desert... they have equipment which is needed there, like air filters to protect against dust.

Non-Tropical types have none of that equipment.

No. What I mean is that I am unable to fly the Non-trop version of the Wellington 1a, Bf-108, CR.42 and Gladiator over the Channel map.

I am only able to fly the Non-trop version of these aircraft over Tobruk and not over the Channel map.

I am aware that you would only see trop. versions of these over Tobruk.

• Upvote 1

Yeah same for me. Was looking forward to flying the wellington over the channel. But it isn't in the list of flyable aircraft. 

18 minutes ago, ACG_Passion said:

Yeah same for me. Was looking forward to flying the wellington over the channel. But it isn't in the list of flyable aircraft. 

I assume you are doing quick missions? Can you go into the Maps, select the channel 1940 Winter and see if you can get them there? 

28 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

No. What I mean is that I am unable to fly the Non-trop version of the Wellington 1a, Bf-108, CR.42 and Gladiator over the Channel map.

I am only able to fly the Non-trop version of these aircraft over Tobruk and not over the Channel map.

I am aware that you would only see trop. versions of these over Tobruk.

This depends on the mission you want to fly the Wellington over the Channel in:

- ATAG / Dangerdogz have multiplayer missions on the Channel, but these (currently) are requiring only part bob (=Blitz), so people who have not bought Desert Wings Tobruk (yet ;-)), can join, too. But that also means that the new planes are not available *within' these missions.

- The same applies to Campaigns, Single and Quick missions that have been designed for part bob only: none of the new planes are available in these.

We'll soon have mission on ATAG with the new planes over the Channel, too.

S! 

I have issues with sounds. Some crackling and missing idle sound on planes. It is totally quiet until I add power. Same with fly-by view, the sound transitions are not smooth. Otherwise No problems at all. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Likewise, none of the non trop new aircraft available for quick mission flights.

Also in quick mission no loadout option or ability to choose squadron / regiment etc other than paintscheme / noseart etc

Daz

Edited by dazako

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dazako said:

Likewise, none of the non trop new aircraft available for quick mission flights.

Also in quick mission no loadout option or ability to choose squadron / regiment etc other than paintscheme / noseart etc

Daz

Select Map: Tobruk in left upper corner of quick missions. In the then listed quick missions all new planes are available.

The original quick missions (playing on the Channel Map) that have been designed for part bob only: none of the new planes are available in these.

We're sorry, this is a bit confusing admittedly, because it's not obvious which parts a Quick (or single) missions requires. We'll fix that quite soon.

16 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

I have issues with sounds. Some crackling and missing idle sound on planes. It is totally quiet until I add power. Same with fly-by view, the sound transitions are not smooth. Otherwise No problems at all. 

Please turn sound ingame (Main Menu, Options, Sound) to 100% then tune it back down to a bearable level with the Windows Sound Mixer (Right click on Sound symbol in Taskbar).

Edited by FG28Artist

Just now, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Same plus few others:

- in external view (F2) I can hear the engine only from the front, but there is complete silence from the rear,

- in cockpit view in case of Bf 109 F-4 I cannot hear MG 17 at all.

VR first please, sound bugs and engine bugs 2nd.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 6

29 minutes ago, TWC_Sp00k said:

VR first please, sound bugs and engine bugs 2nd.

Sure, great business model - throw all resources to under 3% of potential consumer base while ignoring 97% - sounds like a winning plan! 🤪

(P.S. Thanks to those others in the VR community that are patient, kind, and realistic) 👍 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Hello All

We have identified a number of issues with the release version and are working on incorporating a patch, which will be added either later today or tomorrow.

The issues:

-  Bf-110C-4N-NJG-Trop will cause a crash if independent buttons for Cannon and MG's are programmed and fired

-  Spitfire Mk VB Trop, Mk VB-HF Trop, and all Hurricane II Trop models are prone to overheating

I saw a G.50 in multiplayer spewing water vapour.

Gladiator Mk II trop didn't make any sound in external view on ground.

I ditched in the sea in MP. When I reaspawned the creaking sound (the g related one) was playing constantly, until I pulled enough g to trigger it again.

The temp behaviour in the spit is weird. At full opower and rpm, it creeps up, but as soon as the temp gets really high (120) it rockets, with the needle visibly accellerating.

1 hour ago, FG28Artist said:

Please turn sound ingame (Main Menu, Options, Sound) to 100% then tune it back down to a bearable level with the Windows Sound Mixer (Right click on Sound symbol in Taskbar).

Thank you!!! Problems solved!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Hello All

The issues:

Buzz,

Are you saying it's a bug that the Spit trops have now with overheating OR the fact that maybe you just can't fly around full bore now and is actually how it should be?

Edited by 9./JG52_JaMz
typo

Buzzsaw and Team,

Congratulations on this release.  I was hoping to have time today to fly, but it was not in the cards.  I have been sentenced to three days of fishing.  I know, I know, very sad for you and the entire team.  I will serve my penance, and hopefully be back Monday to crash my very first Martlet on takeoff.  Thank you for the opportunity to play "Cross/Cross/Crash!" with a new set of pretend airplanes.  May the rest of the release go smoothly and may the rest of you get a head start on multi so as to better make me your biotch.  Have fun!  :)

30 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

I saw a G.50 in multiplayer spewing water vapour.

Gladiator Mk II trop didn't make any sound in external view on ground.

I ditched in the sea in MP. When I reaspawned the creaking sound (the g related one) was playing constantly, until I pulled enough g to trigger it again.

The temp behaviour in the spit is weird. At full opower and rpm, it creeps up, but as soon as the temp gets really high (120) it rockets, with the needle visibly accellerating.

We are aware of the sound issues and this is a major focus.  The game was updated to FMOD STUDIO... which has a new surround sound system... all the old sounds could not be migrated simply... they all needed to be re-mixed.... and the anomalies you and others are hearing are the result of some sounds which need additional re-mixing. 

12 minutes ago, 9./JG52_JaMz said:

Buzz,

Are you saying it's a bug that the Spit trops have now with overheating OR the fact that maybe you just fly around full bore now and is actually how it was..?

There is a bug with the Merlin overheat... which has already been fixed... but we are waiting for the patch to be added to Steam.... which should happen tomorrow.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FG28Artist said:

Select Map: Tobruk in left upper corner of quick missions. In the then listed quick missions all new planes are available.

The original quick missions (playing on the Channel Map) that have been designed for part bob only: none of the new planes are available in these.

We're sorry, this is a bit confusing admittedly, because it's not obvious which parts a Quick (or single) missions requires. We'll fix that quite soon.

No apology required for anything hehe. I just use those quick missions as a 'free flight' option to try out planes in familiar settings. Especially the 'Cross Country' mission being a ground start. It's easy enough even for me to set up a new mission to do the same thing.

Thanks 

Daz

4 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

I second this.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dazako said:

Daz

In quick missions its always been fixed loadout (nothing to do with the update , its a limitation of how Quick mission work) , Because they are fixed (locked static missions)

BUT,

You can copy one and make your own version of a quick mission and put what ever plane and loadout you want using the editor
image.thumb.png.12210325456c870e35640a215110f58b.png

See spoiler

Spoiler

Right click plane group to get properties 1st.
Changing plane/loadout in editor , next

Then save mission with new name (see below)

image.png.dc0f70a07d112042db61887e72cd7a0e.png

Change loadout here.

image.thumb.png.82d8880a8446bd507cbb4cc3f8d19a76.png

Change plane here

cod_editor1.gifimage.png.57770d79184da0e5cc28b9307697a28b.png

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
added pictures
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

In quick missions its always been fixed lodout , Because they are fixed (locked missons)

But you can copy one and make your on version of a quick mission and put what ever plane and loadout you want using the editor

Thanks for this tip!

Posted (edited)

Thank you TF for your continious effort in polishing this game!

There's a little mishap here in 50 cal ammo load-out options. The M20 API-T was a kind of ammunition adopted in 1944, I suppose it should not appear here? @Buzzsaw

1001845717_QQ20200807103631.thumb.png.85d7dfbb966d5767612eb841eea31500.png

Edited by I/JG54_chuishan

S! 

Cleared the issue with sounds. A bit harsh, but worked..Just deleted the Cliffs of Dover folder under C:\Documents\1C Softclub\ 

Started the game again and all was working. Just make sure to backup control settings etc. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Cleared the issue with sounds. A bit harsh, but worked..Just deleted the Cliffs of Dover folder under C:\Documents\1C Softclub\ 

Started the game again and all was working. Just make sure to backup control settings etc. 

Did this make the engines sound more pre-Tobruk patch? or just the clipping resolved. My flyby's are 'off'.

7 hours ago, sunrrrise said:

- in cockpit view in case of Bf 109 F-4 I cannot hear MG 17 at all.

I though so too at first, but later I noticed the sound seems to be just very very low.

Steam downloaded 6.6 MB, was it a patch?

58 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Steam downloaded 6.6 MB, was it a patch?

Everybody got the 5.0 patch, people who bought Tobruk additionally got the new content.

9 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

Sure, great business model - throw all resources to under 3% of potential consumer base while ignoring 97% - sounds like a winning plan! 🤪

(P.S. Thanks to those others in the VR community that are patient, kind, and realistic) 👍 

Hey! I’m kind....kinda

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JG4_Karaya said:

Everybody got the 5.0 patch, people who bought Tobruk additionally got the new content.

I meant the hotfix for the issues mentioned by Buzzsaw.

Edited by Arthur-A

5 hours ago, I/JG54_chuishan said:

Thank you TF for your continious effort in polishing this game!

There's a little mishap here in 50 cal ammo load-out options. The M20 API-T was a kind of ammunition adopted in 1944, I suppose it should not appear here? @Buzzsaw

1001845717_QQ20200807103631.thumb.png.85d7dfbb966d5767612eb841eea31500.png

I think I read earlier that they recognise API and API t are anachronistic, but they modelled it anyway with a view to it being locked for historical scenarios.

28 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

I meant the hotfix for the issues mentioned by Buzzsaw.

it's alive on steam now ..

42 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

I think I read earlier that they recognise API and API t are anachronistic, but they modelled it anyway with a view to it being locked for historical scenarios.

Yes, I remember that Buzzaw have previously talked about ammo loadout of 50 cals, assuring that API was still not in use during the battle of Tobruk. So seeing M20 in the loadout panel really confuses me a bit.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Hello All

The issues:

Regarding overheat, and heat model in general, in addition to the Spitfire Mk VB Trop, Mk VB-HF Trop, and all Hurricane II Trop models, 

The Spitfire Vb 12lb model, (non trop) was not dropping below 110 degrees C and 80 C oil at really conservative cruise power (0lb boost and 2200rpm) This was with the radiator fully open,

This was on the Royal Rodeo single player mission (1940 summer channel map) and at an altitude of about 10kft and cruise speed of 180mph.

I don't have test figures for the spitfire but that seems a little high to me, given the radiator was designed to be operated at a neutral setting (by airflow), not fully open virtually all of the time 

Untitled.thumb.png.ce6b457622de66557ae98eaa74baa953.png

Also, the aircraft will overheat of the radiator is set to fully flush (0%), even in a steep dive at zero throttle.

No I know intuitively some people might thing at 0% it's obviously going to overheat, but 

1. It's a flap, it doesn't completely shut of airflow from the radiator, even at 0%>

2. There are plenty of pictures of spitfires in flight, of all marks, with the radiators fully flush. indicating in reality this was a sustainable configuration.
3. It would be odd that they would make a radiator setting available to the pilot which would destroy the engine.

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles
  • Upvote 2

I’d like to offer a suggestion - could the landing strips on the Tobruk map be made a bit more visible?

Using the “free flight” missions at Tobruk and Bardia, I found the landing strips to be almost invisible.  Only by using the map - and at a very close distance to a landing strip - could I very, very, faintly make it out.

Once on the ground, I would again have to use the map to position myself on the runway - and to align myself for takeoff.  Otherwise, I couldn’t determine if I was on the runway or not - or in which direction the runway went.

I would suggest the landing strips be darkened slightly - perhaps a bit lighter than the roads, but I feel they definitely need a bit more contrast to the surrounding terrain.

That being said, I am enjoying the new planes - and the Mediterranean is just beautiful!

And I do appreciate all of the work the team has put into this over the years.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
TF 5 MACHINE GUNS COMING OUT TOO LOUD
Flying a Hurricane I Rotol, since the TF5 update yesterday I find the guns are coming out way too loud in relation to the engine noise etc. Everything else seems fine. (This is in Cliffs of Dover Blitz not Tobruck). More evident in external views.
Edited by JohniT

Posted (edited)

Did that little patch delete the flash cards , as they are now gone 
There earlier to day 

unknown.png
unknown.png

image.png.8ebf2c246be5d5754ef8f9167114c78c.png

others also noticed , so not just me

UPDATE:

On 8/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, FG28Artist said:

We are sorry, but had to temporaily remove them because of incorrect values due to last minute adjustments. They'll be back in the next patch.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
posted link to other thread same problem
  • Upvote 1