This forum...

von_Greiff

JG51_Beazil

Salute von Greiff.  Thanks for telling us what's going on.  And thank you for sharing your experience with Mirko.  Sounds like a real role model, and quality human being.  Thanks for having the courage to share such a personal part of your journey.  

Warmest regards,

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

@von_Greiff

Dude, all the best for you!

Dont give up and consider alternative medical treatment possibilities maybe.

Hope you enjoy still from time to time our digital air war.

Well, I lost recently my job due to corona bullshit....but fuck it....have you any interest in some collector plane?

Let me know

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Archie said:

Damn Sven, wish you'd said something! Hopefully things aint too tough for you my friend.

Thanks for regards Andy! Still I'am alive and willin' to fight!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, von_Greiff said:

Thanks for regards Andy! Still I'am alive and willin' to fight!

That`s just about you, Sven..

Very, very sorry to hear about that and wishing you all the strength you can bring up

Take care with that chemo and roll on, Sven 🤘

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I spoke/flew with Cmirko a several years back. Glad to see he is still a class act. 😎

Best of luck with your treatment and thank you for sharing the story with the forum.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about this.  All the best to you  von_Greiff

Stay strong! Don't give up. 

4 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

.... and consider alternative medical treatment possibilities maybe.

Another suggestion to try some alternative treatment. Read everything you can find about the form of cancer you got and try some Natural alternatives. You never know. Something may work. 

I have a chronic kidney disease and the doctors wanted to put me on steroids and Immunosuppressive drugs last May. I refused and they told me I'd be on dialysis in six months.

I switched to alternate fasting, diet and some natural supplements and my kidney function improved dramatically.

Fasting is a tremendously powerful tool, that allows the human body to clean itself. 

Fight it. There may be something simple out there that could help. 

Good luck and stay strong.

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To all of you!!!

This is a wave of empathy rollin' my way!

Insteat of reacting to each one of you,

I want to say a big "Thank you" to all of you especially to Kalle_Kalutz and Jaws! Those 2 know why and will be mentioned later, of course.

Love and respect to all of you!

I ever knew this forum is special, THANK YOU all from the bottom of my heart!!!

I will fight this nasty devil called cancer, big promise.

First of all for me, for my wonderfull partner (met again after 26 years!) and her kids and for all of you!

yours (overwhelmed by now)

v.Greiff

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

So sorry to hear this von_Grieff! Hang in there dude! Check your PMs.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

SARFlytitus

Hey M8!!! 

I can understand this terrible moment. It happened to me many years ago. A terrible diagnosis that gave no escape ... I was young and I saw all my plans and my dreams fall apart, disappear ... I underwent a complex surgery and I underwent several months of therapy. Today I am still here, I don't know if I have recovered completely but I know that 22 years have passed since that terrible August day. I didn't give up, I made many of those projects and even a few little dreams, I generated a beautiful and talented daughter who is now 18 years old, I have real friends and I met many fantastic people, many of whom in this beautiful community that has but a small flaw: I spend more time on the Forum than flying! Dear stranger but brotherly friend of mine, don't give up, never give up! Your presence is important for me, for all of us! So, don't give up, never give up!

A big bear hug !

SARFlytitus

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

=EXPEND=CG_Justin

I'm very sorry to hear this! But I am happy that we have such great community members that they can help out with not only hardware support, but moral support as well.

Stay strong, keep your chin up, and NEVER stop fighting! Sending good vibes your way my friend!

• Thanks 1

=VARP=Klingon

Do not loose your spirit..Since i am  a health care professional, i know a lot about it!Try alternative treatments if conventional methods dont help!

I know a lot of poeple who have beaten cancer in a alternative way (It depends on wich cancer it is!)

In behalf of =VARP=Squadron we all wish you all the best and that you recover as soon as possible!!

Edited by =VARP=Klingon
  • Thanks 1

Viel Kraft und Gutes gewúscht für Dich in dieser unangenehmen Situation.

Edited by jollyjack
  • Thanks 1

All you brave aviators!

Overwhelmed by now and out of words!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Also my partner and her kids want to say "thank you", they are also very impressed from the reactions in this forum as well.

This changed their attitude about us "never grew up flying nerds" already!  ; )

yours

v.Greiff

PS: All your wishes and regards definetely already gives me more strength and let me go into the next "chemo" which is tomorrow. I'll take it like I'll take those hits of a "hispano" : )

Edited by von_Greiff
  • Like 12

BornToBattle
2 hours ago, von_Greiff said:

All you brave aviators!

Also my partner and her kids want to say "thank you", they are also very impressed from the reactions in this forum as well.

yours

v.Greiff

PS: All your wishes and regards definetely already gives me more strength and let me go into the next "chemo" which is tomorrow. I'll take it like I'll take those hits of a "hispano" : )

V. Greiff...

Sounds like you’ve got a big support machine running in your corner as it is! Excellent! Buuuuut...

...if ya ever need to chat via text PM me bro. I too was diagnosed and hit me like a lightning bolt out of the blue, as well as my family. You can’t mentally prepare yourself for something like this, just like other news one can get in life. You just gotta take a stand mentally and roll with the punches - and no - it isn’t pleasant, which you are most likely well aware of.

I’m going on 6 years post chemo whereas statistically 5 years is average for life expectancy with what I have. For years now I always get checked every three months at the Mayo Clinic here in MN and thank God as the past several years has meant no more pounding into my hip bone for a bone biopsy (after 7 times of that I actually grew used to it) and no more chemo maintenance of any kind. No indication thus far down to 1/1,000 of 1% in tests they are able to do here (sub-zero detection).

Not gonna get into details here, so always remember you can PM me if ya ever need a little “pep talk” or have further questions. It’s so strange, but I found it to be true - sometimes knowing your not the only one going through something like this is somehow comforting. Keep up the fighting attitude and yes, remember not every tale has a dire ending, not by a long shot How my book is finally written I’m leaving up to my medical team and the big man upstairs. In the meantime, I definitely do not allow cancer to define who I am. 

Keep the faith and fight the good fight. Little did I know how years later my gamer tag name would come to mean so much in real life. Flying in VR now (wow!) with this great dev team we have and the wonderful extended family here on the forums has really helped me enrich my private life in a time I never even thought I’d be around to see it all happen.

BornToBattle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Dear von_Greiff,
I felt dismayed by the news, but no longer, as I am inspired by your fortitude.  May you and your family be comforted by the good well and tidings from your many friends in the community.
I wish more strength and power to you.

• Thanks 1

LLv34_Flanker

S! 

Sorry to hear about your situation. Strength to You and your loved ones. Never give up the fight! 

• Thanks 1

ShamrockOneFive
On 7/28/2020 at 8:45 AM, von_Greiff said:

All you brave aviators!

yours

v.Greiff

This community is an incredible one! Thanks for sharing your story, both good and bad, and sending good vibes and best wishes. Keep on fighting!

• Thanks 1

easterling77

Very sad to hear about your situation

My best thoughts to you and your loved ones - keep up your good mind - and as much happy days in avoiding Hispano hits😉 as possible 

"Meine besten Grüße und Wünsche"

D

• Thanks 1

@von_Greiff

Thanks for your post and for those who helped you out. 

My wife has been battling Breast Cancer and we looked at alternative treatments given the success history of treatment with locals where we live.

She has been declared treatment success recently with Ultra Sound and Magnetic Photography.  She had her treatment in Germany at

Klinik Marinus am Stein

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Biberstraße 30

D-83098 Brannenburg

Germany - Bavaria

Tel: +49 (0) 80 34 / 908 - 0

Fax: +49 (0) 80 34 / 908 – 299

By Dr Weber.

They have had many patients come to them after battling with conventional cancer treatments and it would be worth your while to have a look and see if that might be a path to take.

It has been difficult especially when dealing with local hospitals as part of the treatment reception as the locals have been quite hostile and resentful in the alternative course of treatment but her treatment has been non invasive and quite successful.  Coupled with diet and other factors.  Something that needs to be looked at as a whole - not just the prevailing issue.

I wish you the best and that you have many years yet flying with us in the Il2 community.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blitze said:

@von_Greiff

Thanks for your post and for those who helped you out. 

My wife has been battling Breast Cancer and we looked at alternative treatments given the success history of treatment with locals where we live.

She has been declared treatment success recently with Ultra Sound and Magnetic Photography.  She had her treatment in Germany at

Klinik Marinus am Stein

Biberstraße 30

D-83098 Brannenburg

Germany - Bavaria

Tel: +49 (0) 80 34 / 908 - 0

Fax: +49 (0) 80 34 / 908 – 299

By Dr Weber.

They have had many patients come to them after battling with conventional cancer treatments and it would be worth your while to have a look and see if that might be a path to take.

It has been difficult especially when dealing with local hospitals as part of the treatment reception as the locals have been quite hostile and resentful in the alternative course of treatment but her treatment has been non invasive and quite successful.  Coupled with diet and other factors.  Something that needs to be looked at as a whole - not just the prevailing issue.

I wish you the best and that you have many years yet flying with us in the Il2 community.

Thank you for this valueable information, wishing you and your wife all the best as well, Sir! Thank you!

Edited by von_Greiff

Von_Grieff,

Glad to see you've received some potentially great information here.  Sincerely hope it leads to real and profound help in the weeks ahead.  It's wonderful to see that you've find friends among us who have walked a similar path, able to offer help like that along with moral support on a level most of us can't.

Wishing you and your family all the peace, strength and endurance you need for the battle ahead.  You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2