Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

New Beta video by Wolfpack 345 - Torpedo Run!

Thanks again to Wolfpack for producing another great Beta video, as we get ever closer to release date!

11 Days to go!!

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Sorry, but I had to turn off the video after a view seconds. This "fish eye" view with Track_IR looks so unatural to me.

10 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Sorry, but I had to turn off the video after a view seconds. This "fish eye" view with Track_IR looks so unatural to me.

He's probably using a wide FOV, since I don't have this effect when I'm playing with normal FOV.

Very exciting to see this new video! Thanks to Wolfpack for bringing this to us! 😝

Only one question, it seems that the high water splash caused by torpedo hit is missing? Although airborne torpedoes have relatively less hitting power than ship torpedoes, there should be a high water splash signifying the hit. 

pearl-harbor-3.thumb.jpeg.d11400def43154e54212154ee015565f.jpeg

As we can see here, this photo was taken by Japanese air crew taken part in the Pearl Harbor Attack, showing USS West Virginia (BB-48) hit by a torpedo fired from a pocket submarine. As I've said, airborne torpedo should have less exploding power, but a water splash should exist on the impact point. @ATAG_Pattle

Edited by I/JG54_chuishan

1 hour ago, I/JG54_chuishan said:

Very exciting to see this new video! Thanks to Wolfpack for bringing this to us! 😝

Only one question, it seems that the high water splash caused by torpedo hit is missing? Although airborne torpedoes have relatively less hitting power than ship torpedoes, there should be a high water splash signifying the hit. 

pearl-harbor-3.thumb.jpeg.d11400def43154e54212154ee015565f.jpeg

As we can see here, this photo was taken by Japanese air crew taken part in the Pearl Harbor Attack, showing USS West Virginia (BB-48) hit by a torpedo fired from a pocket submarine. As I've said, airborne torpedo should have less exploding power, but a water splash should exist on the impact point. @ATAG_Pattle

We are looking at adding this effect after the release... right now not there.

People should also know we are releasing without the torpedo sights... but these will be added after release.

We had the Wellington sight finished, but couldn't complete the Heinkel's... which is much more complex...  so rather than give the advantage to the British, we are holding back until they are both ready.

5 hours ago, Semor76 said:

This fisheye view only happens if the pilot zooms back to the maximum.

You don't get that in the normal views.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buzzsaw said:

People should also know we are releasing without the torpedo sights... but these will be added after release.

We had the Wellington sight finished, but couldn't complete the Heinkel's... which is much more complex...  so rather than give the advantage to the British, we are holding back until they are both ready.

Thank you for getting me informed Buzzaw! Very glad to know that you guys are not going to miss anything and we can see that you guys are really pushing your limit trying to finish everything before the release. A big THANK YOU to you! 😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Beautiful, as all the work you did.

Still wondering how is possible that SM79 is not there, but waiting for him 😉

Good point, but a very heavy lift for uncertain reward.

BTW some of the explosions in this vid look very Hollywoody, detracting from overall effect.

Edited by Dagwoodyt

On 7/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, LarryLudwig said:

I would have thought you would need the slowest speed possible for the drop?

Torpedo physics will be modeled, speed, height, so on will have to be something the pilots take into consideration. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 2:51 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Very interesting! I was wondering about that. For the original Il-2 it took a lot of years between torpedoes being added, torpedo failures being added, and then years before the torpedo computer was added! So, I'm glad it is in the works but also unsurprised it will take a bit.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:51 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Apologies for necroing this, but I'm curious if torpedo sites will be added soon?

Also, from my Silent Hunter days, I am pretty current that a torpedo would explode, even at that angle. However, Silent Hunter used submarine torpedoes, not aerial dropped torpedoes, so I may be wrong.

2020-11-10.thumb.png.1e3fe00a85e8737d852529378a776363.png

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Enceladus said:

Apologies for necroing this, but I'm curious if torpedo sites will be added soon?

Also, from my Silent Hunter days, I am pretty current that a torpedo would explode, even at that angle. However, Silent Hunter used submarine torpedoes, not aerial dropped torpedoes, so I may be wrong.

2020-11-10.thumb.png.1e3fe00a85e8737d852529378a776363.png

Thank you.

We hope to have them in the same release as the TrueSky cloud and weather updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2