dburne

Game version 4.008 discussion: P-47D-22, Sd.Kfz.184, IceRing, IL-2-41 in 4K and other

Posted (edited)

Launched IL-2 GB  this morning, and getting an error with a packed data verification fail message. It says to please restore packed data.

Any ideas?

Edited by dburne

Ok thanks maybe that is it.

1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

Today is a very important day - we have just released update 4.008 that includes the first Battle of Normandy aircraft and the last tank for Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka project. The first BoN plane is P-47D-22 "Razorback", the one so many of you had waited for.

The last combat vehicle for Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka is Sd.Kfz.184 "Ferdinand" tank destroyer

Another new addition in this release is the new historical campaign Ice Ring by Alexander =BlackSix= Timoshokov.

Battle of Moscow owners also will find something new in this update - Martin =ICDP= Catney has finished the work on new 4K quality external textures for IL-2 mod. 1941. ..........................................

Another neat feature we want to tell you about is the support for a special in-game voice communications system known as SRS - "Simple Radio Standalone" (IL2-SRS). ..........................................

Less than a month has passed since the previous update, but again we have found ourselves posting a vast list of changes made. 

News on 4.008 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 4

Awesome. Thanks Devs. Beers all around! :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Main features
1. P-47D-22 “Razorback” heavy fighter is available...

It's not heavy, it's just big-boned... 😉

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

This is what you should be looking at and most excited about.  

62. The contours of objects against a clouds background have been minimized by using special tech;
63. The lowest cloud quality setting still causes significant artifacts on the aircraft visible against a cloud at near distances, but no longer gives an unfair advantage in spotting a distant aircraft;

• Upvote 4

Oooooo, does mean no more chasing us back to base?

56. AI fighter pilots won’t chase its target too far from their assigned route or area of operations;

Posted (edited)

Another neat feature we want to tell you about is the support for a special in-game voice communications system known as SRS - "Simple Radio Standalone" (IL2-SRS). At the moment its support is not final, but it can be used with ease already. You can find all the info on how to install and use it here.

What will be the difference between using Simple Radio now and what we get with the IL2 version when it arrives?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

74. Selecting a random Entente aircraft in the duel on Arras map in QMB no longer produces a Bf 109F-4.

I'm somehow a little disappointed that I never experienced that...! 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Aaaaaaah 

The Jug and more AI improvements.

Thank you Guys:clapping:

Edit:

First flight with 150 Octane...YEAAAAAAAAAAH💨. What an awsome monster.

I'm in love with the radials.

Fw190, La 5 and now this beauty😍. Propper flown, hell******* fast and with so much gunpower (ok La 5 issue😁)......just gorgeous

Edited by easterling77

15 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

It's not heavy, it's just big-boned... 😉

Real fighters have curves!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

The Razorback (with 150 oct) is probably my new favorite plane. I love all the improvements made to the D-28 as well. They are both very enjoyable to fly!

• Upvote 1

P-47 and Ferdinand!

4.008, the Thick boi release!

Mission builders should appreciate this:

64. The double triggering of onKilled events in the mission script shouldn’t happen again

Alas, no fix for the check zone/proximity triggers when using the in-game dserver. Oh well, there is always hope for the future.

Thanks for the great Update and the Razorback.........dowload started.

Start your engines!

P47s and AI improvements are good 

• Upvote 1

Pure awesomeness! Currently flying my PWCG P-47 campaign and enjoying the improvements!

Looking forward to trying out the Razorback!!

Good work

Well, the two heavyweights have arrived, P-47D-22 "Razorback" and Sd.Kfz.184 "Ferdinand".

It's time to have fun!

Nice improvements on "AI", " P-47D-28" and new aditions like "early war Luftwaffe fighter pilot", new campaign “Ice Ring”, "1941 IL-2" 4K skin... 

Pleeeaaaaaseeeee can the next plane be the Hurricane? Pretty please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

Pleeeaaaaaseeeee can the next plane be the Hurricane? Pretty please.

It really can.

• Like 1

That is a huge list of updates.  Ferdinand, Razorback, in-game comms (!?), cloud silhouette changes,..... Wow.

In case people were so excited about the new additions they missed these:

62. The contours of objects against a clouds background have been minimized by using special tech;
65. New training missions added for Battle of Moscow in the spirit of the real initial training of a MiG-3 pilot (Missions – Battle of Moscow – Migalovo training);
68. The poor-looking machine shop buildings in the industrial district of Belgorod (Prokhorovka map) were replaced with better ones;
72. Visual snow thickness increased on all winter maps;
73. The ground surface looks more detailed on all summer maps;  

One has to appreciate all the small bits of ongoing work to tech and to existing maps/campaigns.

56. AI fighter pilots won’t chase its target too far from their assigned route or area of operations;"

Can one manually set the size of the area of operations in the mission builder?

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to cause aircraft to disengage earlier and more often (as was often historically the case - aircraft would lose sight of enemies - or would realise they were getting isolated from allies - and would retreat). AI are a bit too good at keeping track of the player location (no randomness there) and a bit too brave :) At least for typical pilots. So it'd be nice if there is a work-around or option to make the behaviour more historical.

2 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

More info please...

Another neat feature we want to tell you about is the support for a special in-game voice communications system known as SRS - "Simple Radio Standalone" (IL2-SRS). At the moment its support is not final, but it can be used with ease already. You can find all the info on how to install and use it here.

Basically allows you to talk in-game without the need for discord or teamspeak {I think). I never really used srs for DCS so not exactly sure how it worked but I'm assuming its similar.

Thanks to the Team for another momentous update!  Loving the Razorback already, it's seriously quick!

Cheers!

WOW! Quite a game update. :yahoo:

4 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Basically allows you to talk in-game without the need for discord or teamspeak {I think). I never really used srs for DCS so not exactly sure how it worked but I'm assuming its similar.

Perhaps with it being developed for Il-2 it will be somewhat more integrated than just using the standalone SRS now.

12 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

More info please...

My understanding: It's a 3rd party program that integrates with the game pretty well. Gives you radio channels and intercom (within same plane/tank, maybe this needs to be finalized).

When you connect to a server it automatically picks up which side you are on and you are seamlessly connected to your team's voice chat.

I'm sure there are some things that need to be fleshed out but that's the gist of it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

To me, the main advantage over discord or TS is that you automatically are on voice coms with the people on your server and you dont have to chase different discord servers and set that in advance.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

To me, the main advantage over discord or TS is that you automatically are on voice coms with the people on your server and you dont have to chase different discord servers and set that in advance.

That for me is the main point of it...

You could meet a random friendly plane, and thereticaly be able to comunicate by voice if you chose to. Without having to share a a same TS or discord server

• Like 1

Glorious, AI fixes, better Ai, improved FM...

031c8a79a36443ba1c7e616fc33189cc.png

Just glorious 👍

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

That for me is the main point of it...

You could meet a random friendly plane, and thereticaly be able to comunicate by voice if you chose to. Without having to share a a same TS or discord server

As long as they have mic and headset and have the app active.

I'll likely use it when I can, one of the problems I have with discord is that, unless you launch with people, guys on the same channel might be across the map when you need help (or when they ask for it). Guys in squads already with closed discords may choose to stay there but it might make ad-hoc rando flights much more viable. A lot of times I'll look over my shoulder and see someone giving me high cover, and I wish I could talk to them rather than try and let them know who I am in the team chat.

• Upvote 1

Can somebody give me an opinion on the FM changes made to the P-47s?