BlackSix

Important changes for the Battle of Moscow maps

In the version 4.008, we've fixed the incorrect value of the height for the entire BoM maps surface. It was brought to real values and increase by exactly 50 m. It really needed to be fixed. In this regard, we'd like to provide you with the fastest and easiest algorithm for adapting your missions and campaigns for BoM to this change.

So, you'll need to take the following steps:

1) Back up all your BoM missions and campaigns.

2) Load your mission and check that all categories are displayed by clicking the Object Filter button.

3) Select everything that is in the mission by pressing Ctrl + A, then hold Shift and press PgUp five times. This will raise all objects where you can change the height (except cloud cover) by exactly 50 m.

- this action affects even objects in closed groups;

- don't worry about Vehicles, Trains, Artillery, Bridges and Blocks, they will automatically be put to the surface, as the change in their height is blocked;

- you will need to check the height of all your effects (usually there are various smokes), they can rise 90 m instead of 50 (due to their special properties), you will need to manually set them to the surface by selecting them and pressing the Set on Ground button.

4) Since the height of all waypoints has increased by 50 m, you will need to check the height of the cloud layer and, if necessary, also raise it. If you indicated the altitude of the flight and clouds in briefings, then adjust your texts as necessary.

This algorithm was applied to the official BoM campaign and showed its effectiveness and safety. We hope that you will not have any difficulties either.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6

Thanks for the heads up-I hope everyone gets it!

reconnoitre.gif

Yikes.

Glad I don’t have a campaign built on the Moscow map.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I assume Ten Days of Autumn is updated being an official campaign.

These are the user made Campaigns for Moscow that would need their creators to update:

• Moscow Sky

• Alberts Life

• Lions of Kalinin

• Fritz Life

• Fire and Ice

• Allmost

• JG 51 over the Rzhev Salient

• Cold Winter

I'm halfway through playing Albert's Life, I better finish it fast before the patch!

Any modders know if we can "MOD the map" to the old version to enable these campaigns to work in mods on mode?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunatelly, even after following the 4 steps above, flight records of missions made with the Moscow map don't work any longer....

On 7/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, BlackSix said:

In the version 4.008, we've fixed the incorrect value of the height for the entire BoM maps surface. It was brought to real values and increase by exactly 50 m. It really needed to be fixed. In this regard, we'd like to provide you with the fastest and easiest algorithm for adapting your missions and campaigns for BoM to this change.

So, you'll need to take the following steps:

1) Back up all your BoM missions and campaigns.

2) Load your mission and check that all categories are displayed by clicking the Object Filter button.

3) Select everything that is in the mission by pressing Ctrl + A, then hold Shift and press PgUp five times. This will raise all objects where you can change the height (except cloud cover) by exactly 50 m.

- this action affects even objects in closed groups;

- don't worry about Vehicles, Trains, Artillery, Bridges and Blocks, they will automatically be put to the surface, as the change in their height is blocked;

- you will need to check the height of all your effects (usually there are various smokes), they can rise 90 m instead of 50 (due to their special properties), you will need to manually set them to the surface by selecting them and pressing the Set on Ground button.

4) Since the height of all waypoints has increased by 50 m, you will need to check the height of the cloud layer and, if necessary, also raise it. If you indicated the altitude of the flight and clouds in briefings, then adjust your texts as necessary.

This algorithm was applied to the official BoM campaign and showed its effectiveness and safety. We hope that you will not have any difficulties either.

Great, this must be very important after 5y. 

But luckily it all seems rather simple, if not having all the effects or clouds to rise and retext. 

Posted (edited)

After doing this i found you have to use 'set to ground' manually for al linked entry planes that use airfields, runways etc.

and all linked entry vehicles too...

ADDED: indeed you'll need to set all linked entry vehicles to ground, though they seem to work if you did not do it,

but they're usually positioned below ground level after the 5 times Shift PgUp trick ...  curious now on the easiest way of updating Moscow Missions.

PS can some expert make a tool for this process maybe?

Edited by jollyjack
  • Upvote 1

It didn't work as prescribed, for me.

The shft pgup would only work once.

Some things only seemed to be 10m under..

Anyway, I just went through my groups one at a time and got it sorted fairly quickly.

S!

• Upvote 1

Hi, you mean the groups singled out within a mission, or as group files separately ?

I saw the shift PgUp once working  5 times stepwise alright, and using Ortho View linked planes like player, wingmen and vehicles were quite a bit up in the air.

Had to correct that manually by setting each group to working individually and then set to ground the various linked entries from that group one by one.

Must be a quicker way for that .... i'll do me some thinking about the right procedure.