The plane is supposed to reach 690 KM hr at 5000mt height at 3200 rpm or combat speed boost on , i am unable to surpass 500km hr . What is the reason ?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dog1 said:

The plane is supposed to reach 690 KM hr at 5000mt height at 3200 rpm or combat speed boost on , i am unable to surpass 500km hr . What is the reason ?

Are you reading that from the air speed indicator in the cockpit? If that's true, thats the IAS. You want to look at the TAS

Edited by LF_Gallahad

Are the 690 km/h indicated or true speed? Same question for your 500 km/h.  On which map or in which season did you try to reach the speeds? Were your cooling flaps adjusted correctly?

Posted (edited)

LF GALLAHAD

6FGBIG AL

hello

IAS indicated air speed i am reading from the gauge in the cockpit .Where is the TAS True air speed indicator in the cockpit ? online and not . which are the cooling flaps and how do you adjust to render for the best straight line speed ? season is varied it depends on which mission is uploaded can be winter can be summer . when pressing letter I i get 500 KM HR on the display screen when not online same as what is on the tachometer in the cockpit . 

Edited by dog1

Posted (edited)

here are 3 arrows which show the speed is 500 km HR at 3200 rpm ,  where is the true air speed indicator gauge ? and how to increase  the speed to get to 640km hr ? is there a good manual somewhere i can reffer to on how to adjust the trims and engine speed output for better performance ? Are you all seeing 640km on your IAS and TAS speed gauge in combat mode?

7-6-2020 12-29-59 AM.jpg

is this correct ?

7-6-2020 12-53-59 AM.jpg

Edited by dog1

@dog1 I just did a quick test on the autumn map of Kuban with the D9. As In the Il-2 description to this aircraft I went up to 5200 meters (not 5000) and went for emergency (as it was also stated in the Il-2 specs). And got around 528 kph indicated airspeed. I used the calculator that ACG_crane sended here and got the 694 kph as stated in the Il-2 description. So I don't see a problem with the provided specs.

Speed you read from cocpit or digital read on hud place in equivalent airspeed, its more accurate.

Also at 5000m ~690kmh is what is max true airspeed at emergancy for D9, in combat at autum kuban map at 5000m it goes to ~646kmh what is around 500kmh indicated.

It won't show unless on TacView as it's already said. Trimms you want to adjust to have a comfortable flight, i.e., exert, if possible, no forces on stick for a level flight (also you won't deflect any other surfaces which would cause extra parasitic drag). I'm not sure what you mean regarding engine speed output, you can either see manfold pressure and rpm on 190, but rpm is auto for the most efficient setting, usually, for a specific manifold pressure. Game just shows IAS.

ok so the calculation i did with the converter above shows the TAS . thanks everyone for input .