Beebop's Hack Shack

Beebop

On 9/5/2020 at 10:27 PM, jollyjack said:

i'll try, but i'll PM you a link to  the 4k PSD, Try it in GIMP?

Also if you want some photoshop tips, i am no expert but can get around the basics ...

Talking 'French', one i made a while back:

Ju52 Fire.jpg

Nice one, but if you would be accurate, the French sentence is:

Fédération nationale des sapeurs-pompiers 

;)

• 1 month later...

AFAIK Coastal Command never used the Tempest.

But I did!

Available ~24 hours.  Just correcting those little tiny annoying bits that need attention.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reggie_Mental
On 4/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, Beebop said:

Reggie, something along these lines?

WIP

Russian-Captured-262.jpg

Oh yes please. Sorry for late reply. I didn't see your response.

RedKestrel
18 hours ago, Beebop said:

AFAIK Coastal Command never used the Tempest.

But I did!

Available ~24 hours.  Just correcting those little tiny annoying bits that need attention.

image.jpeg

Coastal command flying a Typhoon is for the ultra brave I think, given that the plane's manual considers ditching verboten! 

I like this skin, very different from the typical colours. Once it's out I'll take it for a spin!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Two Hurricane skins by request.

First a Red scheme from Cliffs of Dover:
Download Here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/e2x6b5gah6dfdyo/BBop_HurricaneMkII_CloD_Red.dds/file

A blue air racing scheme:
Download Here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8qsdhnmr94wc77/BBop_HurricaneMkII_Blue_Racer.dds/file

(i can't seem to post images in the text field or I have forgotten how)

CloD Red Hurri.jpg

BBop_Blue Racer.jpg

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Beebop

Shhh! Be Vewy Vewy Quiet, I'm hunting for that scwewy duck.

And here he is.  The much underloved Hs129.  I just started flying the "German IL-2" and was looking for some skins.  They are few and far between.  A few historic German ones and a couple of Romanian ones.  So, I decided to skin a duck myself.  And true to my hacking tendencies it's not a historical scheme but but looks a bit like I borrowed from the RAF Colouring Book.

So here it is, a WIP of that "Dithpkable Duck":

spacer.png

After some final QA checks I will upload it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Beebop
Posted (edited)

Soooo......

I was fooling around in the ME and began making a December 7th mission, this one at Haleiwa on the NW coast, a field that was never attacked, but, being the 'hacker' I am I thought it might be a good place for a Faux Pacific mission.

Now we have a P-40 and there are several great skins for the 1941 time period but what about the other planes?  Nothing came to mind for the Seversky P-35 but I looked at the I-16 and thought, 'P-36'?  'F2FA'?  Sure it's a stretch but in my Hacker World, why not?

So here's the USAAF version, a hack for a P-26:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And for the Navy, a Brewster F2A Buffalo;

spacer.png

Now going through final QA checks.  Will upload within 24 hours.

(thanks to Dana Bell's Air Force Colors Vol. 1, 1926-1942 for source material)

Edited by Beebop
  • Upvote 1

"Frank!"
"Yes dear?"
"It's your son again."
"Now what's Beebop doing Martha?"
"He's making those skins again"
"Well dear, at least it keeps him out of trouble."
"But have you seen what he's doing now?"

WIPS:

Just what you needed, a Interwar Japanese biplane.
This hack of the Sopwith Camel is a hodgepodge of Kawasaki, Mitsubishi and Nakajima biplanes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am now working on a Sopwith Pup hack of this plane that the Japanese used for Home Defense and in Vladivostock.

What?  You don't own Flying Circus?  Fear not, I haven't forgotten about you.  Here's one for the U2VS/Po-2:

spacer.png

Close to being done.  24~48 hours to upload.

Mixing Hacks and History......

WIP:

This represents a Whitehead built Sopwith Pup D4165, as flown by Lt Kawaida in May 1921.  This type was used for Home Defense and was used in Vladivostock.

spacer.png

Needs some tweaking then all go through QA checks.

• Like 1

Mtnbiker1998

Love the I-16!! The red and white tail really sells it. How much work would a pale blue "buffalo" one be? I bet it would look great.

4 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

Love the I-16!! The red and white tail really sells it. How much work would a pale blue "buffalo" one be? I bet it would look great.

Thanks Mtnbiker1998.  I can do a pale blue early war USN I-16 for you.  Give me ~48 hours.

Posted (edited)

@Mtnbiker1998  Is this what you had in mind?

I-16 Hacked as a USN F2A Buffalo, circa 1941:

spacer.png

Suitable for Faux Pacific Wake Island missions perhaps.

If you like it I'll upload it.

Edited by Beebop

Mtnbiker1998
1 hour ago, Beebop said:

@Mtnbiker1998  Is this what you had in mind?

I-16 Hacked as a USN F2A Buffalo, circa 1941:

spacer.png

Suitable for Faux Pacific Wake Island missions perhaps.

If you like it I'll upload it.

Wow thanks!! I love it!

Complete Fiction.

As far as I could discern, SEAC never flew A-20's.  The RAAF did but not SEAC.

"Perfect!" I thought :

spacer.png

WIP.  Still tweaking but close.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"Wha?  Why is this in your Hack Shack Beebop?  The RAAF flew P-38's didn't they?"

"True, the RAAF did fly P-38's but for the most part they used RAF style camos, dark green/earth or something similar.  But this isn't a P-38."

""

"It's a Beausquito."

😲

RAAF Beaufighter/Mosquito (Beausquito) Hack

While making a mission I needed a plane to carry out "Mosquito duties".  This is what I came up with.  Scheme is loosely based on a Beaufighter Mk.XXI, No. 93 Squadron, code N-SK.

-- WIP -- 

RAAF-Lightning-1.jpg

spacer.png

Doing final QA analysis.  Upload ~24 hours.

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 1

Recently a young and very confused Hurricane came into the Beebop Hack Shack Studios  He wanted to join the Australian Air Force.  I told him that only a couple of Hurricanes flew under RAAF colors and that most in the theatre flew with RAF's SEAC squads.  He said he didn't care, he just wanted to fit in, to fight the Japanese and save Australia.  I knew I had to work fast to save this fledgling Hurricane.

I got him on the operating palette and started to work. 

A couple of days later when I was done I brought in the Viewer and showed him the results.

"Mr. Beebop", he cried, "Wat am I?  An RAAF 'urricane orra SEAC 'urricane?"

I could see the confusion.  On one hand he was Australian Foliage Green with larger RAAF roundels but he also wore smaller versions of the RAF's SEAC stripes.
"That's alright son."  I consoled him.  "Yes, you are different and I empathize with your confusion but this is what I do.  I take planes like you and give them confidence.  Confidence that they can be accepted and be flown in any Faux Pacific mission with pride. 

I added in hushed tones, "I am making you a member of Beebop's Hack Shack Club".

He smiled, "Blimy mate, Cheers, ta and thanks heaps!"

Join me in welcoming our newest member:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am looking at perhaps toning down the white a bit.  It seems a bit too bright.  I'll upload within ~24 hours.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dos pieles sustitutas para la Guerra Civil Española.

(Two hacks for the Spanish Civil War)

There are some folks that would like a Spanish Civil War DLC for Great Battles but that is unlikely in the forseeable future.
Never the less there are a few SCW skins, mostly for German aircraft.  There are I-16's for both the Republicans and the Nationalists along with Nationalist He-111's and a smattering of other Russian marks in Spanish clothing.
So true to my nature I gave a shot and two iconic planes that (of course) never saw action or were even flying during that time.  Most likely not of a lot of use but man were they fun to skin.

First a generic Republican IL-2.  This skin fits both the 42 and 43 models:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next another generic Republican skin for the A-20:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not many's cup of tea I am sure but I'd bet there are a few adventurous souls out there, and these are for you.

They are bundled together in one zipfile.

DOWNLOAD Link:   https://www.mediafire.com/file/38r3dgld9k2nnyu/Dos_pieles_sustitutas_para_la_Guerra_Civil_Espa%C3%B1ola.7z/file

So here is your chance to kick Franco in the buns!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

More SCW!

WIP's for the He-111 as a Nationalist bomber:

Grey:

spacer.png

Splinter:

spacer.png

Minor touch ups on both still to do.  Will upload with with any luck in ~24-48 hours.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

After a rigorous preflight check and Quality Assurance procedure the SCW He-111 hacks are ready to fly.

Nationalist He-111B Splinter Final:

spacer.png

Both Nationalist He-111B hacks are now ready to download in one easy package.

DOWNLOAD Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/web1y5264i1pjoj/SCW_He-111.zip/file

ADDED BONUS!
While checking profiles and scale models of Nationalist He-111B's I came across a Chinese Air Force He-111A from 1937 and just couldn't help myself;

spacer.png

spacer.png

DOWNLOAD Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ticuo1563mhf2a/BBop_CAF_He111A.dds/file

Enjoy!

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the upvote szelljr.  High praise from a quality skinner such as yourself. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

After the latest update the old torpedo mod was broken.  But now that we again have a working torpedo mod that includes the IL-2 thanks to Stonehouse and CountZero, I decided it was time for a US Navy Torpedo Bomber.
I give you two hacks loosely based on the TBD-1 Devastator;

Mid War/Midway:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Late War version:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have packed them together so you can have one or both.

DOWNLOAD Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kv2ppgmhrb2ujnm/BBop_IL-2_Devastator.zip/file

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this one hasn't already been done so I decided to.

For you Faux Pacific fans,

A C-47 hacked into a Japanese Shōwa/Nakajima L2D Tabby:

spacer.png

And now for something completely different.....

If you use Kuban as a substitute for the Channel, here's a completely fictitious Sub Huntin' Jug,

The P-47D-28 in a North Atlantic scheme:

spacer.png

Just-a couple-a fun skins.

Going through final QA checks.  They should be up within ~36 hours.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

L2D Tabby:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/xe8eau6r8e5rdwr/BBop_C47_as_L2D_Tabby.dds/file

Sub Huntin' Jug:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/rclyzxt8keatwwx/BBop_North_Atlantic_P-47D-28.dds/file

Enjoy!

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Beebop, been hoping someone would eventually make a Tabby skin for the Gooney. The Jug is looking good too!

• Thanks 1

This morning I watched an old 'B' movie from 1956, "Back From Eternity", a remake of the original airplane disaster movie, 1939's "Five Came Back".  
Briefly, a motley assortment of people, a hooker, (played by Lucille Ball in the original!), a crook, a rich couple, an old couple, a co-pilot with personal issues, (don't they all have them), crash in the Amazon amid a tribe of headhunters.  They find a way to deal with them and somehow fix the plane but can't take everyone with them.....

Anyway, the plane they flew in was worn out, on it's last legs and incredibly filthy.  Great I thought, this fits right in with my 'Hacks Theme', a C-47 as a decrepit 'Pan Latin Airlines' ill fated DC-2 airliner.

Still a WIP but almost there.   

PLA_1.jpg

So I was reading this story about how a North Korean Po-2 successfully attacked two different US  air bases during the Korean War, (Suwon and Pyongyang) and actually did a lot of damage to planes on the ground, primarily F-86 Sabres.

But how to make it into a mission without any USAF jets?

THIS is how, the 262 hacked into an F-86 Sabre circa 1951:

SCRAMBLE!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yes, I took some liberties, (it is a hack after all), not the least of which was using the 262.😜

Now in final stages of QA.  Should be available to download tomorrow.

Nice, but if I squint I can see a Gloster Meteor coming through. 😁 Maybe I need glasses...

• Like 1