Atlantia39

Polikarpov I-153...

-early LaGG3

-SB-2

-DB-3 / IL-4

Before the I-153 imo.

And eventually Yak 3 and La7 for a 44-45 eastern front campaign.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Chaika would be nice for sure but there are several other planes much higher on the list I think.

51 minutes ago, Atlantia39 said:

Any plans in the future to add the 'Seagull' to the simulation?

Unfortunately not. I've been crying out for this in a Barbarossa pack for years. It's looking more unlikely as the years go by.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

It's really weird its hasn't been added already especially since the 1C Game Studios page features it. 

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Atlantia39 said:

Any plans in the future to add the 'Seagull' to the simulation?

No official plans for planes of the 6/41-9/41 timeframe "early Operation Barbarossa" have been communicated, so it is all speculation. However I think there are a few guys who would love to see the following planes in the game for this 1941 timeframe. All of them would also be usable in BoM and some even later in BoS:

- Polikarpov I-153
- early LaGG-3
- early Yak-1
- Sukhoi SU-2
- SB-2
- Iljuschin DB-3

- Ju-87 B/R
- Do 17Z / 215

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, sevenless said:

No official plans for planes of the 6/41-9/41 timeframe "early Operation Barbarossa" have been communicated, so it is all speculation. However I think there are a few guys who would love to see the following planes in the game for this 1941 timeframe. All of them would also be usable in BoM and some even later in BoS:

- Polikarpov I-153
- early LaGG-3
- early Yak-1
- Sukhoi SU-2
- SB-2
- Iljuschin DB-3

- Ju-87 B/R
- Do 17Z / 215

I would absolutely pay for that, early careers would be even more fun, even though all bombers in that list would be released as AI only.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

I would absolutely pay for that, early careers would be even more fun, even though all bombers in that list would be released as AI only.

Absolutely. Would be the perfect Add-On for BoM, including a map ranging from say Minsk to Smolensk which could be perfectly reused for a 1944 Operation Bagration setting.

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

It is my dream to fly an I153 in this great sim!!! That was my favorite plane in the old IL2 days...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Absolutely. Would be the perfect Add-On for BoM, including a map ranging from say Minsk to Smolensk which could be perfectly reused for a 1944 Operation Bagration setting.

Amen to that. 

Quite frankly I was shocked it wasn't included in the initial package of aircraft.

Ahhh, good ol' @sevenless! A man after ol' Rap's heart. I must say though, if it were any I would go for the I-153 any day of the week! About as nimble as a bloody bluebottle!!

I've loved this plane since I did a bit of research (and some skinning) on it some time ago!!

shot+2016.03.02+21.12.36.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Atlantia39 said:

Quite frankly I was shocked it wasn't included in the initial package of aircraft.

same here! 

It is a plane with his brother I16 who at the beginning of the hostilities fought alone.
I would like to see it in the simulator someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlantia39 said:

SB-2 too, at the beggining of Barbarossa, more than 90% of russian bombers were SB-2s.

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

- Polikarpov I-153
- early LaGG-3
- early Yak-1
- Sukhoi SU-2
- SB-2
- Iljuschin DB-3

- Ju-87 B/R
- Do 17Z / 215

The most realistic/famous campaign and the closest to the start for operation Barbarossa would be Leningrad which could start once Finland enters the war at 25 June 1941 and could last all the way till early 1944.

An IL2: Battle of Leningrad could bring many important aircraft to the game which have been missing (many of which you have listed) and adds to several other expansions even Kuban.

There are also enough axis aircraft to fill since it could be mixed between finnish and german aircraft, example of axis aircraft in 1941/1942:

Fighters: Brewster B.239 (F2A)/Fiat G.50/Hawk 75A (P-36)/MS.406/Fokker D.XXI/Gloster Gladiator/Hurricane MkI

Attackers: Ju87B or R/Hs123/Bf110C or D

Bombers: Blenheim I or IV/Do17Z

If an Bf109 would be neccesary to be included to attract customers then there still is the Bf109F1 and Bf109E4BN/Bf109E7N.

There is an team which is making an Leningrad map which has become silent but apparently they have made an agreement with the devteam, so we could very well see an Leningrad map in the future, would it be just released as an map or do the devs plan more then this?

• Upvote 2

Maybe in a Battle of Barbarossa they could have the I-153 and Ju-87B-2 as the Collector planes for that pack.