The best end for 3Dmigoto mod zoom

C6_lefuneste

C6_lefuneste

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I did not communicate too much recently, but everything I may post can sometimes create more problems than helping…

I’m very happy to announce you that the last Hotfix is freeing me of the zoom feature in the 3DMigoto mod. This is what I have always wanted.

I did the mod zoom because the VR zoom and the 2D zoom were not even and remained so for a long time.

The only objective of the zoom mod was to put VR player at the same level than 2D, no more, no less. But maybe the previous mod zoom had been a bit overdone…The last “debate” allowed Jason to take into account the VR Zoom situation and he reacted very quickly. As a result, we have now a max VR zoom at pair with 2D ( I checked it).

If some complain about new in-game VR zoom not being strong enough, or plane spotting being worsen, that means that people who complained about cheating with the mod were right. We may have been unwilling cheaters, and that’s my fault.

So the mod will never include zooming again. Only the in game zoom must be used. There is no more good reason to provide a zoom that can be seen as a cheat, and did not provide same mechanics as normal zoom for plane spotting.

I made some things hard-coded in the shaders to avoid any zoom again, to change what I have done requires some serious coding.

The mod will maintain view rotation, IPD change, zoom convergence for canted screen (like Pimax).

It will temporarilly include decrease of “in game” zoom to ease gauge spotting (with glitches at image edge because it enlarge FOV of “in game” zoom). That will be disengage with the upcoming 4.007.

I hope that further special support for canted screens and better IPD handling will come in the future, but I cannot control what the developers do. Supporting so many different VR goggles is not easily done. It is up to them to do anything further.

All the other features are of course remaining. I’m hoping that one day some of them may be available directly in the game.

I also renamed the mod, in order to avoid restarting any controversy. The 3DMigoto mod is now dead, long live the VR Enhancer Mod or VREM to give it a military style acronym.

You will find it here :

I mostly tested this myself, so please make a report or post a track if you find any problem. I will post here on the forum after your feedback.

There are already things that are not as good as I wanted them to be :

• The mod will lower your fps, I measured up to 6 fps loss  (on 90)
  • There will be some glitches when unzooming, as when using rotation. So beware, you may not see an object that is existing and will be not displayed because the mod changed the FOV. Use the unzoom feature only for center of view, otherwise it is highly unreliable.
  • The VR zoom convergence and unzoom can not be used in external view
  • The VR zoom convergence and unzoom can not be used when map is activated (the game do not zoom in this case, but the mod applied the offset)
  • Some elements of the GUI are not converged when using in game zoom or unzooming

Except the last point, there are few things I can do, but I do not think  they are blocking issues.

Beware that the key mapping used to setup convergence is totally different. As all is based on in game zoom, I had to change the way it was working. By default in-game VR zoom must be mapped to NUMPAD*

Last thing, I move all color changes in a dedicated .hlsl file, it should ease adding some new color filter.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

GOA_FirebirdCRI_VR

Amazing work Lefuneste..

Thank you very much!

• Jason_Williams pinned this topic

Thank You for all your hard work for such a long time. You did give us reason to play this game with VR!

Edited by RavN_Gora
  • Upvote 1

15[Span.]/JG51Costa
1 hour ago, RavN_Gora said:

Thank You for all your hard work for such a long time. You did us reason to play this game with VR!

Agree 100%

Saludos.

15(Span.)/JG51 Costa 

E69_geramos109

Great to see everything went good and now people can make use of the new mod with oficial zoom for the Vrs. 

Nice touch also to make servers to chose what they want

Paranoid_Android

Thank you very much for the enduring support through the years for us VR simmers!

I salute you !

Thanks for your hard work. Thank you for my all year long VR experience! Even now we have native VR zoom support, your work and contribution will always be remembered. 

• Upvote 2

Hmmm, am I missing something. The multiplayer servers are excluding your mod. I've even pulled it off with OGVME and it still rejects me. Is there some residual left behind that's causing this? Ugggh, one step fir ard and two back!!

Jokkr

I saw someone else post that they needed to fully reinstall the game to stop being rejected. Maybe software like Reshade and other mods alters some files somewhere that isn't cleaned up by simply removing the mod?

JG51_Beazil

I've never had any issues removing migoto using uninstall.bat

I did have issues after because I had installed reshade for 2d use as well.  That's why I made the suggestion.

Yea Beazil. I found the files that were leftover from a reshade install from 2 years ago. I posted in Finn server.

Glad you got it sorted too.

Jokkr

Edited by JG51_jokkr
  • Upvote 1

C6_lefuneste

You may  have a look here, my mod use the 3dmigoto library. It provides features that works  not  only for VR (color, icons, ...)

I like it (VREM) very much in 2D, especially the masking of icons and sun is much faster than in the stock game and I can change the brightness of the reticles.

But I coldn't use it together with reshade.

• 3 weeks later...
=IRFC=SmokinHole

I feel a bit stupid asking this but can I get some help uninstalling the original mod without accidentally erasing something important?  There are several servers that I am unable to join currently. I say "stupid" because I did no use JSGME to install in the first place. And thank you @c6_lefuneste for both the old mod and this new one. 

EDIT:  Got it.  "uninstall.bat" in the game folder.

Edited by SmokinHole

• 2 weeks later...
II./JG1_Lipfert

Thank you c6_lefuneste, while your mod was available VR was really impressive. Going forward, I'm back to a flat screen but it was great while it lasted.

S!

• 2 weeks later...
Coffee_Zombie77

hi c6_lefuneste,
is it possible to see your 6 without assigning buttons?
For example, for Trekir 5 there is a program AOM (Advanced Overview Manager) from 72AG_Olega. I used AOM. Very well. In this AOM (Advanced Overview Manager), you do not need to use buttons to check your 6. You turn your head to the left and your head rises and moves to the left. And also on the right side.

Sorry for my english.

C6_lefuneste

Hello, you should post in the VREM thread, instead of here. 

There is no way to do that with the mod because it has only informations of rendering.  And even with this solution:

you will be stucked because it seems that there is no freepie openvr connector...

• Thanks 1