Jason_Williams

Official Scripted Campaign "Lightning Strikes!"

Here is where you can discuss the Lightning Strikes! Scripted Campaign released in Update 4.006 built by Jaegermeister.

Lightning_Strikes_High_Res.thumb.jpg.0257d6b03721fda59275d60ce4d1c895.jpg

Skin Pack

Jason

• Like 18
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 11

30 minutes ago, 310_cibule said:

Thx. Where shall we find the skins?

Just click on link in Jason's first post Skin Pack. 

Just waiting for my D/L to finish check every thing out then I'll D/L the skin pack.  

Thanks team BOX and Jaegermeister.:biggrin:

Ok game updated just fine.  Just D/L'd the skin pack, and the P38 campaign is there.:good:

Be hour or so before I can start the campaign, will give my impression after a couple missions.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Thanks team BOX and Jaegermeister.:biggrin:

Be hour or so before I can start the campaign, will give my impression after a couple missions.

You’re welcome, I hope everyone enjoys it. :drinks:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

3 missions in.  With the new enhancements from the latest up date all I can say is WOW.  

The atmosphere at the air field is incredible, just watching from the out side view and watching all the activity it is alive just as it should be.

Flights are straight forward and around the target area lots of activity both on the allied and axis side.

Watch out for AA and AAA on the 3rd mission I was shot up but managed to get to friendly territory and limped home, I sweated that landing but made it.  I think the ground crew just assigned my shot up plane to spare parts

Thanks again Jaegermeister a lot of work and thought went into this campaign.

If your a ground ponder this campaign fills the need.

:good: :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really excited about this one... been waiting for a good USAAF scripted campaign since the day I got BoBP.  Thanks!

Edited by r0bman

Posted (edited)

Great job on this campaign. I've played the first 3 missions, very immersive, lots of fun. Nursed my bird home from the third mission with a fuel leak, figured I could just finish mission early but I wanted to see if I'd make it. No issue, 15 gallons in both tanks at the airfield, overhead break, dirty her up on the high-g turn, gear down, smooth landing. Lovely.

Edit: Also here's another "pilots notes" pictures in cockpit option. I think it's really good.

Edited by Alonzo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

You’re welcome, I hope everyone enjoys it. :drinks:

well i loved your Greek Fire campaign so i am sure i will love this one with one of my favourite planes

Posted (edited)

@Jaegermeister Great job!

I love flying that plane.

I just tried the first mission and yet love it so much.

BTW, the French translation is very well done! ;)

Edited by DN308
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, the translation were undoubtedly a ton of work. There are some rather long briefings in there. 🤓

1 hour ago, Tigre91 said:

well i loved your Greek Fire campaign so i am sure i will love this one with one of my favourite planes

I hope so, It’s a target rich environment.

6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Great job on this campaign. I've played the first 3 missions, very immersive, lots of fun. Nursed my bird home from the third mission with a fuel leak, figured I could just finish mission early but I wanted to see if I'd make it. No issue, 15 gallons in both tanks at the airfield, overhead break, dirty her up on the high-g turn, gear down, smooth landing. Lovely.

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. It seems like you are carrying a huge amount of fuel until it’s pouring out both wings. You may also want to practice feathering a prop before you actually need it. I have had to do it under pressure more than once. 

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Upvote 1

You may want to check the skins, the 345(?)bomber regiment skin (if that is one of yours) doesn't seem to be mapping properly. 

20200520122110_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

No doubt that having scripted campaigns such as this one is the best motivation to buy collector planes. Thanks a lot!

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

You may want to check the skins, the 345(?)bomber regiment skin (if that is one of yours) doesn't seem to be mapping properly. 

20200520122110_1.jpg

It’s not, but if you tell me what mission that is and where that plane is on the airfield, I’ll take a look at it. It seems to have a skin map from a different plane on it. The only skin I did for the A-20 is a P-70 Night fighter skin that is solid black.

Oh, ok. That was in a quick mission, was going through the custom skins in the A-20 folder, assumed that all the ones in that folder were part of the skin pack for the campaign as I don't recall installing any other A-20 skins. 

Posted (edited)

This campaign is very high CPU and GPU intensive: 

I have been testing this campaign for 2 week, you guys need to get this; Jaegermeister did an outstanding job on this Rhineland Lighting Strikes. 

The attention to detail the bunker lines and the unit ID's. the plans and the AI are all top notch.

you will really feel like you're part of the squadron conducting these behind the line missions.

well worth the purchase of the P38!! 

just a thought? is there anyway to get this done in a Co-Op Campaign?

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

23 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

This campaign is very high CPU and GPU intensive: 

I have been testing this campaign for 2 week, you guys need to get this; Jaegermeister did an outstanding job on this Rhineland Lighting Strikes. 

The attention to detail the bunker lines and the unit ID's. the plans and the AI are all top notch.

you will really feel like you're part of the squadron conducting these behind the line missions.

well worth the purchase of the P38!! 

just a thought? is there anyway to get this done in a Co-Op Campaign?

Thanks for the comments. Your right, it is very resource intensive so you need a good rig. I don’t know if you are using VR, but that’s definitely the way to go with this campaign if you can. Especially with the new updates to the display, I flew the first couple of missions yesterday and it looks even better than it did before.

It might make a nice co-op. I will look into that. I have never done co-op missions but I don’t think there is a huge amount of work involved in converting a single player mission. I’ll drop you a message and we can discuss what is involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for making this campaign!  Also, thank you to 1c and Jaegermeister for treating us to it for free!  

Hard work and strange times, yet 1c and Jaegermeister going out of their way to treat the community like Kings!    

~S~ !!!  

• Upvote 1

Hi

Impossible to find the link to download this campaign

Did I miss something

I have got BOBP with the P38

Many thanks

HERC JG54

6 minutes ago, HERCJG54 said:

Hi

Impossible to find the link to download this campaign

Did I miss something

I have got BOBP with the P38

Many thanks

HERC JG54

Lightning Strikes is a scripted campaign, it was installed with current patch update., so no need to download it.

This update also includes three new Scripted Campaigns – Kaiserschlacht, Spring Offensive and Lightning Strikes.

It's in patch notes for 4.006

Just install the skin pack 

I have just played the first mission of the campaign 'Lightning Strikes' that 'Jaegermeister' created and I am very impressed. Your attention to detail is a big factor for me, especially as I am on the steep learning curve of my own mission/campaign making. The campaign is very inspiring, especially flying the P38 - what an aeroplane! I often think historically how this aeroplane was the major factor in the demise of Admiral Yamamoto (Pearl Harbour attack) in the Pacific war. I am looking forward to completing the campaign and taking in your expertise.

DFLion

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

20200520122110_1.jpg

16 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

It’s not, but if you tell me what mission that is and where that plane is on the airfield, I’ll take a look at it. It seems to have a skin map from a different plane on it. The only skin I did for the A-20 is a P-70 Night fighter skin that is solid black.

I think its this skin

321st Bomber Air Regiment.dds

I also do not remember installing it, not sure where is from   or why its in the a20 skin folder

I suspect its from a skin pack installed for something else , that was packaged incorrectly.

Ok after checking it looks like its an I-16 skin, weird...

816263579_321stBomberAirRegiment.thumb.jpg.167f2399dec3a4ba3648d07364bbc6fb.jpg

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

49 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

That skin is not in the L_S_Skins download 

correct , its from a skin pack d/l from forum that had wrong skin in that folder.

Posted (edited)

Had the same issue and tried to figure out what I‘ve done wrong.

Just removed it

Edited by DN308

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

I think its this skin

321st Bomber Air Regiment.dds

Thanks for the specific info. 

I will change the skin mapping if and when the files are updated.

Edit... Really they should all be USAAF, but there is no default skin for that.

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Thanks for the comments. Your right, it is very resource intensive so you need a good rig. I don’t know if you are using VR, but that’s definitely the way to go with this campaign if you can. Especially with the new updates to the display, I flew the first couple of missions yesterday and it looks even better than it did before.

It might make a nice co-op. I will look into that. I have never done co-op missions but I don’t think there is a huge amount of work involved in converting a single player mission. I’ll drop you a message and we can discuss what is involved.

Just wondering - is there a way to reduce the number of objects / density for lower spec'd machines. I just tried the first mission (looks great by the way). Got into the air (around 30 fps but im ok with that considering my older laptop w. GTX960M), but then the game just outright crashed about 1-2 miles from the field.

Wow,  just stumbled across this thread and had no idea about this campaign. To busy thinking about the new planes and not read any patch release notes.

Looking forward to trying this in VR and it would be great to have a coop campaign.

Thanks for the hard work and freebie :salute:

1 hour ago, justin_z3r0 said:

Just wondering - is there a way to reduce the number of objects / density for lower spec'd machines. I just tried the first mission (looks great by the way). Got into the air (around 30 fps but im ok with that considering my older laptop w. GTX960M), but then the game just outright crashed about 1-2 miles from the field.

Well I just lowered my settings and was able to make it through the first mission OK. Quite immersive.!

Great work on this! its much appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, w00dy said:

... and it would be great to have a coop campaign.

I've looked into it and from what I see, that would require not only converting the missions, but distributing the mission template, which would then be downloaded to every players hard drive when they play.

Probably not going to happen any time soon.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

I've looked into it and from what I see, that would require not only converting the missions, but distributing the mission template, which would then be downloaded to every players hard drive when they play.

Probably not going to happen any time soon.

O well, thanks for the feedback 🙂

Maybe some thing that could be thought of in any future campaigns, you and the developers do.

Congrats on the campaign! Five missions into! Great atmosphere and action. By the way, there's a small issue I think should be tended to there... in fifth mission, attacking a railroad depot, our flights of P38 was engaged by P51s! I obviously shot down assuming they were allies... I guess the hostile aircraft in the mission ought to be revealed for the sake of correctness. But all in all, wonderful job!! Has anyone else had the same issue? Is spawn randomic?

A old simmer here and I just updated my pc and am able to finally enjoy the game.

I had purchased the P38 collectors plane and I was over joyed to see this scripted campaign added!  

Since it has been a year since I flown I have just been using the "normal" setting when flying and expanding gradually back into the game.

Last night I got the update and saw this "lightning strikes" I was pumped to try it!

I set up a custom setting with more full sim settings and started to fly the first mission.

I had tremendous shaking in the cockpit. Best was to describe it was the whole cockpit was vibratining after I had gained altitude and was level flying to the target in formation. 

I had my flaps raised and made sure the airbreak was not on. 

I left the mission and then restarted it with the "Normal" setting that I have been using for quick mission figuring I was missing some aircraft flap setting?  The cockpit vibration was still there in normal setting.

Just to test what was going on I went  back to a quick mission with normal on and had no cockpit vibration. 

I had used the california cutie skin in the lightning strikes campaign and didn't use it in the quick mission.  

I just now found that there is a skin pack for download to go with the Scripted campaign. 

Any idea why I am experiencing such brutal cockpit vibration?

Is there a seperate flap system on the aircraft that I could be missing that is causing this?

What threw me off is that in normal on quick mission its not there but in the lightning campaign on normal it is there.

Any wisdom one this.

Thank you for your time and thank you for making such a Amazing scripted campaign for one of my favorite aircraft!

Sincerely,Desode

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ABTAbutreJester said:

Congrats on the campaign! Five missions into! Great atmosphere and action. By the way, there's a small issue I think should be tended to there... in fifth mission, attacking a railroad depot, our flights of P38 was engaged by P51s! I obviously shot down assuming they were allies... I guess the hostile aircraft in the mission ought to be revealed for the sake of correctness. But all in all, wonderful job!! Has anyone else had the same issue? Is spawn randomic?

Edit...

@ABTAbutreJester, I just reread your post and I now see you were shot down because you did not recognize them as enemies. If you had icons on you would see that they were identified as Enemy_AC, but I know many people don’t play with them on, including me. Do you have the custom skin pack installed? If you do, you will see that they have Balkan Crosses on the fuselage and wings. The Germans were tricky.

Without any spoilers, I will warn you that there is more than 1 mission in this campaign where the mission does not go as planned. 

1 hour ago, Desode said:

I had tremendous shaking in the cockpit. Best was to describe it was the whole cockpit was vibratining after I had gained altitude and was level flying to the target in formation. 

I had my flaps raised and made sure the airbreak was not on. 

Check that gear is up, flaps are up and dive flaps are up. The Lightning does have an extra set of flaps for dive recovery if you experience compressability. Other than that, there is nothing mission specific that would cause excessive vibration I am aware of.

You could check in external view, the dive flaps are under the outer wings.  

Edited by Jaegermeister

Thanks for the quick reply Jaegermeister. 

I will be trying it again this evening.

I will check with thr 3rd person view.

According to the screen it was showing that all flaps and gear were up.  

I do use the dive flap and had checked it too. I was cruising level to target at 287mph so if flaps had been out I would not have been able to get that in level flight I would assume. 

Hi desode ;)...your vibrations came from that : "The windows on the sides of the canopy can be lowered during flight, but this can cause the excessive shaking of the plane." ;)...Always read the technical  specifications and operational details from the game  ;)

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much!  I will check that right now! That would make total sense!