What are you looking forward to the most in Battle of Normandy?

Im excited about all of that too. Im looking forward to the map the most I think, as it covers such a long period. Paris, Cliffs of Dover, Normandy, so many scenarios to make!

• Like 1

The Junkers Ju 88 C6a is what what I'm looking forward too... It might be the gateway toward night battles. And the map might open up possibilities toward battles in 1941 & 42 because these were some interesting battles in themselves. Bring on Rhubarbs and Rodeos!  

Edited by Rodwonder
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Great pictures!

I'm looking forward to tricky navigation over open water

Oh yeah, that’s always a nice challenge/major frustration over water, desert, steppe, and especially snow-covered steppe.

5 minutes ago, Lemsip said:

Im excited about all of that too. Im looking forward to the map the most I think, as it covers such a long period. Paris, Cliffs of Dover, Normandy, so many scenarios to make!

Definitely. Would be pretty cool to have a nighttime Fallschirmjäger drop over Dover. New video possibility for you 😄

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
  • Haha 1

Mostly the Mosquito, and Spit 14, followed by the map - and the possibilities it brings to extend back to 1941-43 scenarios.

But also looking forward to the new P51/ P47 and Typhoon.and Ar-234 and the 410, and the V1.....    😃

And we get an AI B26 too, don't we ,and the Dakota....

Ok. I'm looking forward to almost everything.

Edited by kendo
Just now, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

If I'd have to pick only one: Spitfire XIV. Next would be the map, as it covers so many years. 

Ah yes I forgot about the new Spit, being a Spit lover I of course very much look forward to it.

Just now, dburne said:

Ah yes I forgot about the new Spit, being a Spit lover I of course very much look forward to it.

Having flown nothing but Merlin Spitfires, I’m pretty interested to see what a Griffon Spit will be like. IIRC some ATA pilots were extremely disappointed at the engine noise :lol:

That just got me wondering. Any chance for a Spitfire MkIXb with 4x303 and 18lbs boost, possibly as a modification to the existing Spit? Kinda hard doing pre-D-Day Ops with just the Bodenplatte spitty and the XIV. 

Also, is the XIV going to have the 150 oct modification? 😄

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Amiens Prison included on the map...

Damn, you bet me to it.

22 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Also praying to be able to attack a target and leave it burning after I've gone.  Please let this be the year!

The A-20G and B-26 are both PURELY coincidal, aren't they? 😁

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

P51B in VR😎

I’m interested in seeing the P-51B in general. Those razorback P-51s always looked so weird to me, but that kinda makes them more compelling to fly IMO.

14 minutes ago, ACG_Onebad said:

Kinda hard doing pre-D-Day Ops with just the Bodenplatte spitty and the XIV. 

Also, is the XIV going to have the 150 oct modification?

Spit XIV was flying from the start of '44. 150 octane was needed for chasing V-1s.

12 minutes ago, ACG_Onebad said:

That just got me wondering. Any chance for a Spitfire MkIXb with 4x303 and 18lbs boost, possibly as a modification to the existing Spit? Kinda hard doing pre-D-Day Ops with just the Bodenplatte spitty and the XIV. 

I miss the .303s too.

final_5de705bf55f0250013d95b61_335868.jpg.3080d68c944293a95d32b6c7fd7c0968.jpg

But in all honesty, I feel like the IXe is close enough to the IXb to be an acceptable stand-in.

I cant post image because there might be certain symbol in the tail section.

So i had to improvise

Me410:Me410:Me410:Me410
    	 ___^___ _
 L    __/      [] \    
 X ===__           \ 
 L      \___ ___ ___]
            I   I
	      ----------/
  • Haha 3

It's hard to pick to be honest. BoN basically delivers on almost all the planes I still want in the sim. Typhoon, Razorback jug, Mosquito...

The map should be really good and opens up a lot of opportunity online and off. I'm looking forward to what can be done with it. The map is a loooong way off though.

Three of them are my all time favorites, because they are absolutely iconic of the timeframe, but so scarcely appearing in flightsims, if at all.

- Me 410

- Arado 234

- Spitfire XIV

9 minutes ago, Atomic_Spaniel said:

Typhoooooooonnnn !!!

Plus, a map with a bit of character. 

Oh, and Razorback P-47 is best P-47.

Yup - P-47 and Typhoon. I like my girls BIG and FAST 🤣

I am looking forward to pretty much everything. Is there anything to not look forward to? New Ju-88 will be awesome. Spit XIV is awesome. This is pretty much an all-star lineup of planes.